The House Is On Fire!

If this thread has been done before, I apologize in advance.

There have been several threads recently asking for death predictions in TWoW. Commenting on another thread, it occurred to me that, like ASoS, there's a high likelihood we may see the destruction of a major or minor house.

So, which house do you think won't survive the next book? Give reasons.

Baratheon.

Robert is dead. He has no true born children.

Renly is dead. He has no true born children.

I think both Stannis and Shireen will die before the end of Winds.

That house has continued through a bastard before, and we know there are no shortage of them running around. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edit: actually I now realize that was Durrendon, not Baratheon. Close enough!

That house has continued through a bastard before, and we know there are no shortage of them running around. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edit: actually I now realize that was Durrendon, not Baratheon. Close enough!

Good point, close enough lol. Okay, I stand by the prediction BUT I do acknowledge that it's totally possible that future-king (whoever he is) will legitimize Gendry or even Edric Storm.

Wouldn't the bastards have to be legitimized first?

Technically I think they can inherit if nobody else is left. In practice they would almost certainly be legitimized. The Ronard Durrendon guy was seemingly never legitimized. Same with Addam Rivers, "The Bastard King."

Good point, close enough lol. Okay, I stand by the prediction BUT I do acknowledge that it's totally possible that future-king (whoever he is) will legitimize Gendry or even Edric Storm.

I think it will be Edric first be legitimized by Dany if she bumps into him in Lys at Tyrion's behest. I think he is an Addam of Hull parallel waiting to happen. I think Gendry will become the next Lord of SE after Edric given his hidden heritage will have to be of some import if it is being held from Gendry for so long as the case is the Jon.

:agree: Totally think Baratheon continues through Edric, Gendry, or even Mya. The House was actually founded by a bastard, and all three have not only Baratheon & Targ blood, they also all have the Durrandon look and blood. I could see them winning over the Stormlanders.

(If Shireen lives, I think she'll be married into another House.)

The Freys. Everyone in the North will band against them and the blood won't stop running until every last one of them is dead. (I hope).

What about the "good" frey's olyvar(Robb ' s squire), perwyn(Cat seemed to like him well enough) and I think their was one more but I can't remember. I think Roslin is safe with/as a Tully.

Incidentally, I think Big Walder will end up Lord of the Crossing. I'm pretty sure he said something to that effect, when they received the news about Ser. Stevron. And I'm pretty sure Big Walder(who is little) killed Little Walder(who is big), who was ahead of him in line.

What about the "good" frey's olyvar(Robb ' s squire), perwyn(Cat seemed to like him well enough) and I think their was one more but I can't remember. I think Roslin is safe with/as a Tully.

Incidentally, I think Big Walder will end up Lord of the Crossing. I'm pretty sure he said something to that effect, when they received the news about Ser. Stevron. And I'm pretty sure Big Walder(who is little) killed Little Walder(who is big), who was ahead of him in line.

Sadly, I don't think it matters about if your one of the good or bad Frey's.

I agree with those who say the Frey's are toast. And it's a clever piece of irony given that Walder Frey is known for being able to supply an army from his breeches, to paraphrase the book joke

Next Book:

• Baratheons (not counting bastards)-Stannis and Shireen=about to get destroyed by the Others
  • Freys-Northmen or Dany will perform near-genocidal slaughter on them.

End of Series:

• Boltons-Ramsay and Roose are a problem for all of the new emerging kings/queens.
  • Tullys-Edmure will be executed by the Lannisters after the political situation in Westeros deteriorates again and one of the candidates for the IT looks likely to restore the Tullys. Brynden is in not the type to rule or have children, especially at his current age.

Next Book:

• Baratheons (not counting bastards)-Stannis and Shireen=about to get destroyed by the Others

Freys-Northmen or Dany will perform near-genocidal slaughter on them.

End of Series:

• Boltons-Ramsay and Roose are a problem for all of the new emerging kings/queens.

• Tullys-Edmure will be executed by the Lannisters after the political situation in Westeros deteriorates again and one of the candidates for the IT looks likely to restore the Tullys. Brynden is in not the type to rule or have children, especially at his current age.

Boltons are a good pick for end-of-series family that goes poof.

Boltons. The reason is obvious. Everybody hates them and Starks are popping out from here and there.

I think Tullys are bound to go extinct as well, though Blackfish will survive long enough for ADoS. Edmure will not be saved alive. Jaime doubled the guards every time he felt anxious. If Edmure is saved alive again, it would be a bad repetition.

Archived