NFL Playoffs Divisional Round part 2: Who is Elite in Foxboro?

Trebla

Not really sure what to make of this, he's a 3-4 coach but he wants to keep on Schwartz and his 4-3. Apparently he'll be bringing Greg Roman in from SF for the offense, not really sure what to think there. He's a Stanford guy so I want to like him, but the 49ers players clearly hated him at the end.

Okay, so like I said, watching the Pats game v. Ravens on NFL Network. And its seems pretty clear the broadcast did not - in any way- describe the "ineligible receiver" wrinkle that Belichick threw at Harbaugh, that caused the unsportsmanlike conduct and derailed the Ravens temporarily. It was actually VERY clear attending the game what was going on, even though I - and turns out, John Harbaugh- had never seen anything like that before.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that neither Micheals or Collinsworth, or anyone in the production booth had seen it before. I don't think they even mentioned it until the play right before the big trick play, and the commentary was basically "why would Vereen want to report ineligible?" I didn't know they had done it three times until I read your post. Nice post, Rock. That was some interesting shit.

Seems to me that Harbaugh has a point on the play where Hoomanawanui caught his pass, as he lined up in the Left Tackle spot.

What's the opinion of the board on who is going to end up as head coach in SF?

Ah yes, the most important question in my life right now (ok ridiculous, but not too far from the truth).

If I had to guess, I think they are probably leaning toward Vic Fangio. He's the guy I would most prefer ,and the fact that the Niners wouldn't allow him to be interviewed by Washington for their DC job tells me that he is probably on the top of their list too.

I think the most important hire they 're going to make though is for their OC. I would like to see them be bold and go at Scott Frost from Oregon. I think he is the most intriguing choice when it comes to developing Colin Kaepernick.

Regardless, I suspect we will know the answers to all these questions by Wednesday.

What fresh hell is this: stuck working a wedding show in Milwaukee with the Packers game neat to start. This place is going to be a ghost town and my valuable time is wasted and I still don't get to watch football this afternoon...

Josh McDaniels.

Nope. You can rule him out methinks as Jed York has announced that they will name someone early next week. If I had to guess right now, I'd say they're likely to move both Fangio and Tomasula up the ladder, (to Head Coach and Defensive coordinator respectively) then fish around for a new offensive coordinator.

What fresh hell is this: stuck working a wedding show in Milwaukee with the Packers game neat to start. This place is going to be a ghost town and my valuable time is wasted and I still don't get to watch football this afternoon...

UGH. That is brutal. My heart bleeds for you Jaxom. Any chance you can sneak out to a bar?

These beatsbydre adverts with Joe Buck must stop.

Those things have to be the biggest scam product of the last couple of years. Overpriced fashion accessories. Near as I can tell, the only thing they have going for them is comfort. You can certainly find a better pair of headphones sound wise at one third the price. Throw Joe Buck into that mess? BLECH. As if those Kaepernick "I'm the Man" commercials weren't bad enough.

UGH. That is brutal. My heart bleeds for you Jaxom. Any chance you can sneak out to a bar?

I wish! There's only about twenty five within walking distance of State Fair Park. I think my assistant would get pissed if I left her here alone. Though she is my assistant. Take one for the team right?

Archived