Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 8 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

I was able to download it in HD from the Facebook site.

Yeah but its not in HD, 10mb isn't HD, its VHS quality. HD quality would be around 200mb for a 2 minute trailer. They can make the maximum pixel size of the file as large as they want, but if the bitrate is too low to make each one distinct them it really doesn't matter.

Edit: NVM

Yeah but its not in HD, 10mb isn't HD, its VHS quality. HD quality would be around 200mb for a 2 minute trailer. They can make the maximum pixel size of the file as large as they want, but if the bitrate is too low to make each one distinct them it really doesn't matter.

Anyway, a new version of the trailer is posted to Youtube. This one is 25mb, so its a bit[rate] better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDb4sJVK2wU

25mb is pretty good quality it's 720p. I was able to crop the gifs and zoom in without it looking shit so I think it's HQ

25mb is pretty good quality it's 720p. I was able to crop the gifs and zoom in without it looking shit so I think it's HQ

Actually its not an official channel, and thats just a reupload. Someone just took the facebook video and put it up on youtube and is trying to pass it off as official.

I'm trying to make out the map with the Bolton sigils, but its just indecipherable.

Me too. I'm actually quite okay with most the changes, but I need to have Stoneheart on the show, and I miss Michelle Fairley so much, she's such a phenomenal actress.

I really don't care about changes but this is one of my fav plot twists of all time and one of my fav things Martin did in the series. Michelle gave my fav performance on the show and I think it would be just mad of them to not use such a terrific material. I will always be disappointed at that season 4 ending, though, what a waste.

Actually its not an official channel, and thats just a reupload. Someone just took the facebook video and put it up on youtube and is trying to pass it off as official.

I really don't care if it's official channel, a video I can download and gif is always valuable :)

Edit: NVM

No, it's 35 mb. I played it on my 55" LED tv and it wasn't at all pixelated. It's fine.

can we just take a minute to talk about littlefinger saying "avenge them." hell yes! that got me so incredibly hyped!

I just hope she 'avenges them' by dressing provocatively and leaves the revenge business to the pros.

That poor Merchant Captain, Chebyshov! Dug in the Sand with scorpions just helping out Jaime. The Sand Snakes are appropriately harsh it seems.

I just need to know the set up for this...is Ellaria like, "what did you crazies do this time?" Maybe she'll still be a voice of reason.

I really don't care about changes but this is one of my fav plot twists of all time and one of my fav things Martin did in the series. Michelle gave my fav performance on the show and I think it would be just mad of them to not use such a terrific material. I will always be disappointed at that season 4 ending, though, what a waste.

I really couldn't agree more. It also helps that Catelyn is by far my favorite character and Stoneheart adds so much to her tragedy. The thing that pisses me off the most is that it looks like Robert Strong is going to be on the show (from what we've seen last season), but no Stoneheart. What the hell is up with that?

I really couldn't agree more. It also helps that Catelyn is by far my favorite character and Stoneheart adds so much to her tragedy. The thing that pisses me off the most is that it looks like Robert Strong is going to be on the show (from what we've seen last season), but no Stoneheart. What the hell is up with that?

Cat is my fav character too! I so agree about LS adding to tragedy of it all, people always say how it is a cheap trick but she is the gods response for RW. It's really one of the most tragic and fascinating things in the series, they would be fools not to use it. My hope is they will feature her this season to remind everyone of resurrection being possible to set up Jon in s6

The scene with the boltons is interesting. they are waiting on the arrival of someone. even more interesting is the fact that ramsay not roose is standing in the center, usually that is where the head of the family stands. So the person arriving May be for ramsay? Farya anyone.

So I get back from the IMAX screening last night (which was fantastic), giddy from the experience and the first extended look at Season 5 footage, and the bootleg copy of the trailer is waiting there so that I can watch it several dozen more times. I proceed to stay up way too late doing just that. As soon as I think that I've gotten all that I can from that footage, the official high-quality version of the trailer goes up, and I notice a few things that I hadn't been able to discern before. As soon as I'm done absorbing all of that additional information, HBO posts 20 new promotional photos to pour over. Off we go again!

After months of parsing unofficial photos of the production, reading between the lines of cryptic interviews, and dealing with the well-intentioned but ultimately frustrating Sight videos, all of this new content is an extremely welcome breath of fresh air. HBO has certainly opened the promotional floodgates in the past 24 hours. In fact, they may be trying to kill us - not that I mind all that much. Thank God its the weekend. :)

Theres plenty here to keep us occupied for a while. But hey, if HBO has anything else up its sleeve, its not like were going to say no

Don't forget the behind the scenes special next Sunday!

Archived