An immortal Jon theory

rebel to conform

Jon's next chapter is going to start inside of a dream.

He will likely have some experiences inside of Ghost, but I don't think it will be a traditional wolf dream. At some point the dream will focus on memories of Ned, and Jon will wonder who his mother is. He will awake on the ground where he was stabbed, with his Night's Watch brothers standing around him in disbelief. When no one can explain what happened, Melisandre seizes an opportunity. She lies and says that she revived him because the Lord of Light needs him. In truth, she has no idea how he survived. Jon sentences his attackers to death. Later, Jon confides in Melisandre about his dreams of his mother. She has a vision (real or not) that Jon must go to Winterfell to learn about his mother. Jon decides to return home.

At Winterfell, Jon discovers that Lyanna is his mother. Confused, Jon reasons that he must be a child of incest between Ned and Lyanna. He doesn't understand how Ned could do this, but it explains why Ned never talked about his mother and why Catelyn hated him so much. Tormented by this idea, he sends ravens to Castle Black and to Sam at Oldtown explaining who he is and commits suicide. It is then that he has another intense dream, this time focusing on his mother and an unknown figure. Jon doesn't understand who it is, but when he awakens again, unharmed from his suicide attempt, he is struck with the idea that Ned isn't actually his father.

Through Marwyn, Sam learns that Rhaegar is Jon's father and sends a raven to Castle Black to inform him, conveniently after Jon has left for Winterfell. Castle Black receives these ravens with conflicting messages about Jon's parentage, and Melisandre travels to Winterfell to meet up with Stannis and inform Jon of his true parentage. She convinces Jon that he is immortal. Maybe she proclaims him as Azor Ahai? The only real truth is that somehow Jon is immortal. She convinces him that his destiny is to travel to the Lands of Always Winter and confront the Night's King in person.

Too crackpot? I like this idea of Jon thinking he is a child of incest and committing suicide, only to discover that he's immortal. And the confusing ravens are hilarious. What say you forumers?

Why is Jon immortal? I also highly doubt Jon would commit suicide just because he thinks he's a product of incest.

I don't think that Jon is immortal and can't think of why he would be. Even the original Azor Ahai had to die if we're looking out for a new one.

I'm so glad you're not writing the next book.

/thread

At best, Jon is the return of the God-Emperor, the son of the Lion of Night and the Maiden-Made-of-Light, who remained on earth for 10K years, if legends be true. Jon is also supposed to be the son of Ice and Fire ... and like the Waif, once you die, you may not be ageing anymore.

I refuse to believe Jon to be so impulsive and commit suicide (at all) right after prematurely jumping to a very illogical conclusion, without even doing proper research. Seems way beyond out of character for him.

And being immortal would make him a type of Deux Ex Machina given his position in the story, and GRRM definitely wouldn't go that way.

Archived