The Riverlands Web V.6

Booknerd2

Yeah I agree. It

appears as though LF may have misread Lyn, but not sure quite yet. He has known Lyn for a while, and it would seem reckless for him to dismiss such a threat from such a man. Still, we can live in hope ! :)

Really liked all the Stranger chat guys, very funny.

Bookie, if I could draw, I would definitely do some comic strips, you're little dialogue gems for Sandor + Stranger are great ! :)

For Mims and Wizz and all: Zorro and some more Stranger:

The Zorro cracked me up.

If they can don the Halloween costume and take on the alias of Dorkwood, or pose as the Pigfeet-Peddling Peasant and the carthorse with bad teeth, then why not Zorro?

Some more:

Stranger: Just start with something corny like your blue eyes look like the rarest of sapphires. Do that, and I leave you here. Remember when Joffrey got crap thrown at him in KL? Yeah, that time. Then I leave. Find me later. I’m done.

Because if you are too stupid to figure it out…I made myself get lost. And I’ll do it again, if I have to. And you can walk your ass back to wherever you need to be.

In lieu of a comic strip, how about this?

Tee shirt Stranger gives the gravedigger for his nameday.

http://www.zazzle.com/horse_with_attitude_tee_shirt-235587592509231340

Ha ! Awesome tee shirt Longie. In lieu of a comic strip, that will definitely do. :laugh:

For Mims and Wizz and all: Zorro and some more Stranger:

The Zorro cracked me up.

If they can don the Halloween costume and take on the alias of Dorkwood, or pose as the Pigfeet-Peddling Peasant and the carthorse with bad teeth, then why not Zorro?

Some more:

Stranger: Just start with something corny like your blue eyes look like the rarest of sapphires. Do that, and I leave you here. Remember when Joffrey got crap thrown at him in KL? Yeah, that time. Then I leave. Find me later. I’m done.

Because if you are too stupid to figure it out…I made myself get lost. And I’ll do it again, if I have to. And you can walk your ass back to wherever you need to be.

Haha ! You're on fire ! Love it. Never long without a smile on this thread, good work. :lol:

Awesome post MMM ! Right up my street, it's nice to get a feel of a character and their movements/involvement throughout the books in one post, thanks. And Lyn is definitely a wild card, I'd forgotten just how many times he had appeared in the series, and the constant association with weaponry is interesting.

The only thing I would add to the early story is, Lyn fought against Jon Arryn at first on the Targaryen's side at the gates of Gulltown, early in RR. I assume he was captured or something similar, as it is said he was pardoned and went on to fight alongside Jon Arryn and kill Lewyn Martell as you say. So there is evidence he went against the Vale in the past, only to change allegiance.[ under duress by the look of it ] More evidence this man is not only dangerous, but shady at best.

As for opinions on how his story moves forward, I like your ideas, but I'm still unsure myself. Surely it has to involve his skill at arms, so your call of killing Harry has some credence, I suppose any show of real violence in public would cause a stir, there's just so many options. :dunno:

Again, enjoyed the read. :)

Shady indeed! He is very quick to switch allegiance as the situation arises. Also, his behaviour on the trident itself showed him in all his selfish, bloodlust glory; he steps over his wounded father, takes his father's sword for himself and goes off in search of his next kill. He leaves Lyonel to carry his father back to safety. If Lyn can't even show loyalty to his family at crunch time, Littlefinger doesn't stand much of a chance.

Great essay Mad! And I like how you expounded on the blackberry theme and brought out that poem for us to see how it goes from sweet to corruption. Ahh, blackberries, sweetness on the edge of a knife.

Did LF know how persistently Lyn was wooing Lysa and just not take it seriously? Perhaps he didn't as his marriage to Lysa was a done deal once Jon Arryn was dead. So has he underestimated Lyn?

I think so. He knows Lyn is short of money, but he pursed Lysa quite ardently for her claim. It can be argued that it was not truly reasonable for Lyn to base his hopes of lands on being his brother's heir, that's apparently what he did. His hopes for the inheritance were crushed with his brother's marriage and impending fatherhood.

So has LF misread Lyn? It appears so, and we can it hope it's true but I think what will happen at tourney will prove one way or another if Lyn has truly turned against LF.

Unless Littlefinger is deliberately attempting to piss Lyn off in order to set Lyn up to do something stupid without Littlefinger having to get his hands dirty then I think Littlefinger has underestimated him.

If Lyn does move against Littlefinger, particularly if it did involve offing Harry then he would need to make a swift exit out of the Vale; you don't mess with Littlefinger unless you have a good back up plan and given Lyn's relationship with his brother, he can't return home or rely on his brothers support.

I found another quote from the books about blackberries which made me chuckle...

Come, drink with me," the fat man said. "A scale from the dragon that burned you, as they say." He poured for them from a flagon of blackberry wine so sweet that it drew more flies than honey. Tyrion shooed them off with the back of his hand and drank deep. The taste was so cloying that it was all he could do to keep it down

Perhaps that was what Lyn was doing, trying to attract flies with honey! Poor Lysa.

In lieu of a comic strip, how about this?

Tee shirt Stranger gives the gravedigger for his nameday.

http://www.zazzle.com/horse_with_attitude_tee_shirt-235587592509231340

:bowdown: :lol: I need me one of these pronto! Too funny!

LOL at Bookie! You need to get this stuff published

Then Stranger tells Sandor...

Stranger: See…now let's compare. Let me make this clear to you.

One the one hand we have my t-shirt, the one LongRider found.

One the other hand, we have that red tunic of yours with a dog on it.

So who is Dorkwood now?

Then Stranger tells Sandor...

Stranger: See…now let's compare. Let me make this clear to you.

One the one hand we have my t-shirt, the one LongRider found.

One the other hand, we have that red tunic of yours with a dog on it.

So who is Dorkwood now?

Gravedigger hangs head, sighs, goes back to digging graves.

'mutter, mutter, stupid horse should have let them cut his stupid balls off mutter grumble'

WHACK! Ouch!

Stranger snickers 'hee hee hee'

:owned: again!

Gravedigger hangs head, sighs, goes back to digging graves.

'mutter, mutter, stupid horse should have let them cut his stupid balls off mutter grumble'

WHACK! Ouch!

Stranger snickers 'hee hee hee'

:owned: again!

Stranger: Yeah, and I heard that. Oh, and by the way, your mound of dirt is uneven on one side.

Sandor: !@#$%^& horse….

Stranger: Oh, and you can try visiting me in the stables sometime. I'm only your horse, you know.

You are not the only one working with stiffs….I'm hanging out in the Glue Factory Waiting Room…thanks a lot.

Just an update:

-We can continue on with the chapter analysis…and I have a lot more to post too.

-I'm sure the Stranger highlights will keep coming. I'm taking a break, but I've got more for when the silly while making a point moments take over.

-Correction: I believe a few pages ago I said that the Beric part 2 would be coming soon. That is wrong. Sorry, totally goofed. Beric part 1 and part 2 were posted. I meant Sybell Spicer part 2. Working on it, and I hope to post in the upcoming days.

More stuff connected to the new chapter:

Just a few thoughts….

So what next for TEAM RESCUE THE GIRLS? AKA: The Webbers?

After a long time and delving into many what if’s, breakdowns of characters, and analyzing possibilities on 6 incarnations of this thread so far, I remember thinking when I first read the new excerpt that this tourney is the best we could’ve hoped for. In a way, even better than I ever imagined…and I really like it. For me, the tenseness is more apparent, hanging and looming over, that eventually, if not already, somebody is going to recognize her and events will branch out and catapult from there. And it’s a great feel to have. This tourney just might be a gift in more ways than one (even a clearer break in the case) for Brienne, BWB, Uncat, and maybe even Blackfish. I have a strange feeling somebody from TEAM RESCUE THE GIRLS is going to hear or be there. As far as Sandor and Stranger, I'm still not sure, but I am interested in any info that has or will reach the QI. And one can only imagine Stranger acting out even worse in the stables by now.

So what now for TEAM RESCUE THE GIRLS? Ok, for this tourney and the future. Is this the break or what will lead to the break in the case? A dawning, something occurring, some pieces put together for any of them?

Some random musings and what this could mean for some Webbers and people…and just throwing stuff out there. I always do so I don’t forget anything, and still I am not sure how in love with certain options I am over others.

Things/concerns that came to mind:

1. How many things can the BWB and LS possibly focus on? My concern is they can’t do it all. People theorize, and there is evidence for many of these things being possibilities, and some more than others. How can BWB get Jaime with Brienne in front of LS, attack Riverrun, take on some more Frey revenge or even the Twins, get food and help the smallfolk, run the orphanage Operation Arya thingie… and other stuff out there? So what twist and turns occur that changes where some of these things looked like they were going? Or what will come to pass? And now if it is true they heard or will about the tourney, and do suspect it is Sansa or even want to investigate…damn, they just have a lot potentially going on. And some of the key people are otherwise indisposed (Tom, e.g), but as many have pointed out, there are others linked to BWB that we still have a lot of questions about regarding aims, motivations, whereabouts, (Harwin e.g) etc. Maybe one or more of these things have to give, because I got exhausted just thinking about it all.

2. Imagine if some of the upcoming events take some of the heat off of Jaime and Brienne in regard to Stoneheart? If it ends up they do face LS and BWB. If it works out that LS/BWB’s interest is piqued by this tourney or events after, it could shift things. I wish I could articulate it further but this idea is still stewing in my brain. Anything that can leave them both free to function and pursue the goal of the girls, and maybe join up with other Webbers would be good.

3. The long and winding road(s) that seemed forked in book 4 and parts of 5 have a pathway that is now clearer. Maybe Brienne doesn’t have half the herculean task set before her it seemed of trying to figure out the where, who, when, why’s and how’s or even later, what to do when she does, that we panicked about and that she surely wiped buckets of sweat fretting about.

Maybe it’s me, and even thinking about the very nature of penultimate books and the following ending of a series, I don’t see a book (regarding 6) with more wandering and meandering. It seems that time has passed and is already coming to fruition and an eventual resolution/end. But it is chapters like Mercy and this one and others that you can see the wait and the worrying was well worth it. I love how book 4 set up tension and depth, time and epic-ness. I know I appreciated it and saw it more clearly after time. It took me a second or third read and the brilliant posters on here with their perspectives to feel it and dwell on it. Some of the book 6 gifts are the payoff I suspected from 4 and 5. Set pieces (chapters) are sometimes a dirty job but all authors have to do it. It builds and adds that depth and tension, suspense, world building, does justice to showing passage of time, frustration, human emotion, and so many more things. You get full flesh and 3-D that way. And that is why he is a brilliant writer. Because many of us felt exactly like Brienne was feeling. Sonofabitch, what happens next? I feel like I’ve been looking forever, working at this so hard, trying my best to find the girls… and I feel as though I’m not getting anywhere. How marvelous is that? To go through as readers and sort of feel as the character does. Genius.

Book 4 did its job very well. And how. The pacing will make sense now, it has been, and I really believe that. It was slow to find the girls, and for other things to be revealed more, an unforgiving job, now it pays off and accelerates. But Arya’s path/return is another matter, so more on that another time.

Whooh, this is a lot to pick apart as it is. More on the horizon…

More stuff connected to the new chapter:

Just a few thoughts….

So what next for TEAM RESCUE THE GIRLS? AKA: The Webbers?

After a long time and delving into many what if’s, breakdowns of characters, and analyzing possibilities on 6 incarnations of this thread so far, I remember thinking when I first read the new excerpt that this tourney is the best we could’ve hoped for. In a way, even better than I ever imagined…and I really like it. For me, the tenseness is more apparent, hanging and looming over, that eventually, if not already, somebody is going to recognize her and events will branch out and catapult from there. And it’s a great feel to have. This tourney just might be a gift in more ways than one (even a clearer break in the case) for Brienne, BWB, Uncat, and maybe even Blackfish. I have a strange feeling somebody from TEAM RESCUE THE GIRLS is going to hear or be there. As far as Sandor and Stranger, I'm still not sure, but I am interested in any info that has or will reach the QI. And one can only imagine Stranger acting out even worse in the stables by now.

So what now for TEAM RESCUE THE GIRLS? Ok, for this tourney and the future. Is this the break or what will lead to the break in the case? A dawning, something occurring, some pieces put together for any of them?

Some random musings and what this could mean for some Webbers and people…and just throwing stuff out there. I always do so I don’t forget anything, and still I am not sure how in love with certain options I am over others.

Things/concerns that came to mind:

1. How many things can the BWB and LS possibly focus on? My concern is they can’t do it all. People theorize, and there is evidence for many of these things being possibilities, and some more than others. How can BWB get Jaime with Brienne in front of LS, attack Riverrun, take on some more Frey revenge or even the Twins, get food and help the smallfolk, run the orphanage Operation Arya thingie… and other stuff out there? So what twist and turns occur that changes where some of these things looked like they were going? Or what will come to pass? And now if it is true they heard or will about the tourney, and do suspect it is Sansa or even want to investigate…damn, they just have a lot potentially going on. And some of the key people are otherwise indisposed (Tom, e.g), but as many have pointed out, there are others linked to BWB that we still have a lot of questions about regarding aims, motivations, whereabouts, (Harwin e.g) etc. Maybe one or more of these things have to give, because I got exhausted just thinking about it all.

2. Imagine if some of the upcoming events take some of the heat off of Jaime and Brienne in regard to Stoneheart? If it ends up they do face LS and BWB. If it works out that LS/BWB’s interest is piqued by this tourney or events after, it could shift things. I wish I could articulate it further but this idea is still stewing in my brain. Anything that can leave them both free to function and pursue the goal of the girls, and maybe join up with other Webbers would be good.

3. The long and winding road(s) that seemed forked in book 4 and parts of 5 have a pathway that is now clearer. Maybe Brienne doesn’t have half the herculean task set before her it seemed of trying to figure out the where, who, when, why’s and how’s or even later, what to do when she does, that we panicked about and that she surely wiped buckets of sweat fretting about.

Maybe it’s me, and even thinking about the very nature of penultimate books and the following ending of a series, I don’t see a book (regarding 6) with more wandering and meandering. It seems that time has passed and is already coming to fruition and an eventual resolution/end. But it is chapters like Mercy and this one and others that you can see the wait and the worrying was well worth it. I love how book 4 set up tension and depth, time and epic-ness. I know I appreciated it and saw it more clearly after time. It took me a second or third read and the brilliant posters on here with their perspectives to feel it and dwell on it. Some of the book 6 gifts are the payoff I suspected from 4 and 5. Set pieces (chapters) are sometimes a dirty job but all authors have to do it. It builds and adds that depth and tension, suspense, world building, does justice to showing passage of time, frustration, human emotion, and so many more things. You get full flesh and 3-D that way. And that is why he is a brilliant writer. Because many of us felt exactly like Brienne was feeling. Sonofabitch, what happens next? I feel like I’ve been looking forever, working at this so hard, trying my best to find the girls… and I feel as though I’m not getting anywhere. How marvelous is that? To go through as readers and sort of feel as the character does. Genius.

Book 4 did its job very well. And how. The pacing will make sense now, it has been, and I really believe that. It was slow to find the girls, and for other things to be revealed more, an unforgiving job, now it pays off and accelerates. But Arya’s path/return is another matter, so more on that another time.

Whooh, this is a lot to pick apart as it is. More on the horizon…

LOL @ Team Rescue the Girls!

I agree with all your thoughts about book 6 being a game changer. Up until now, GRRM has been lining up all the Riverland pieces and as highlighted by Lyanna Stark's map, they are all so painfully close, and all it will take is for one piece to get knocked over and it will have a domino effect on all the others.

Given LF's brazen flaunting of Sansa's location, and the 'calm before the storm' atmosphere which the new chapter evokes, I agree with your thoughts that the tourney could likely be the catalyst to kick-start the Riverland action.

As we have also been discussing the potential role of gossip moving forward, I was thinking that any information generated in the Vale is likely to hit the Webber's first due to their proximity to the Vale before it spreads Westeros-whispers style to the rest of Westeros. Looking again at Lyanna's really useful visual map, the first places to be hit by the gossip cloud will likely be the QI and the BWB.

What's adding to the puzzle of the tourney is the timeline. I looked at a timeline and it suggests that the day Sansa left the Eyrie for the Gates of the Moon, and the day Bri was hung and released by LS were the same day. Fifth month, fourth day, year 300. Bri meets up with Jamie and they disappear on Fifth month, twenty third day, year 300, so that would be 19 days, almost three weeks later.

We know from the Alayne chapter that there have been tourney guests at the Gates of the Moon for at least one month. However, time has passed from when the 'ravens flew' and it's noted that the competitors have come from all parts of the Vale; mountain valleys, coast, Gulltown, Bloody Gate and the Three Sisters.

News of the tourney would travel easiest from the port cites I would imagine; especially from Gulltown and the Three Sisters. So preparations would have to be what, two months maybe? So this tourney would have to take place after Jamie had met with LS, but the news of it may have travelled faster, but we still don't know if the news preceded his arrival at the BWB or not.

I doubt the tourney would be the inputs that Sandor would need to leave the QI. This is an invitation only event and it would be difficult to travel there and overcome his 'wanted man' status at this time.

So depending on how much lead time the invites and the news to travel, the BWB may not hear much about the tourney. I think the news of the aftermath might travel quickly tho!

And another thing:

I read this in another thread so I thought I would mention it here. Think Alayne has taken over Sansa? Think again. GRRM in his subtlety has Sansa telling Lord Lymond Lynderly and Ben Coldwater who exactly killed Marillion:

“Are there no singers?” asked Ben Coldwater.

“The little lord cannot abide them,” Ser Lymond Lynderly replied. “Not since Marillion.”

“Ah… that was the man who murdered Lady Lysa, yes?”

Alayne spoke up. “His singing pleased her greatly, and she showed him too much favor, perhaps. When she wed my father he went mad and pushed her out the Moon Door. Lord Robert has hated singing ever since. He is still fond of music, though.”

GRRM you sly dog! That's our girl! Hat tip to poster Julia Spiegel for finding this delicious nugget of lemon cake!

LOL @ Team Rescue the Girls!

I agree with all your thoughts about book 6 being a game changer. Up until now, GRRM has been lining up all the Riverland pieces and as highlighted by Lyanna Stark's map, they are all so painfully close, and all it will take is for one piece to get knocked over and it will have a domino effect on all the others.

Given LF's brazen flaunting of Sansa's location, and the 'calm before the storm' atmosphere which the new chapter evokes, I agree with your thoughts that the tourney could likely be the catalyst to kick-start the Riverland action.

As we have also been discussing the potential role of gossip moving forward, I was thinking that any information generated in the Vale is likely to hit the Webber's first due to their proximity to the Vale before it spreads Westeros-whispers style to the rest of Westeros. Looking again at Lyanna's really useful visual map, the first places to be hit by the gossip cloud will likely be the QI and the BWB.

Love the reference the "calm before the storm." It is a perfect way to say it, and that really is how the entire excerpt feels.

Yes, gossip has been a big sticking point even in every book and constantly brought up over and over again. It is very human, a big part of humanity for many reasons, and it is no different in a series where an author can have incredible setting and situations yet paint and depict very raw and real characters. He really gets to the thrust of human nature, and gossip can be a part of it for many.

The map Lyanna posted has been an indelible help for me because visualizing stuff without an aid is hard for me sometimes, and to see it all spanned out was great. And I like what you said. The gossip is most likely to hit the BWB and QI, because we all know what two guys are there, and how these two are so entwined with the girls, Hence: TEAM FIND THE GIRLS. lol!

Always love your posts. They can narrow things down to the nitty gritty from broad themes and topics. Are alway looking at the tactical in the overall big picture of things and makes those connections.

So what now for TEAM RESCUE THE GIRLS?

Love the name! Also love the Stranger stories! The things Stranger does for love. Anyone else but Sandor, and he'd swim off the QI in a heartbeat.

I doubt the tourney would be the inputs that Sandor would need to leave the QI. This is an invitation only event and it would be difficult to travel there and overcome his 'wanted man' status at this time.

So depending on how much lead time the invites and the news to travel, the BWB may not hear much about the tourney. I think the news of the aftermath might travel quickly tho!

I never particularly thought Sandor would actually be there, more that the last line was suggestive.

I think unless he's clear that she's in trouble, he's probably thinking she doesn't particularly want to see him. I always thought she'd be the one to come to him, in some way. I like the thought of this being seen as her choice.

As for the BWB, and anyone not invited, the Blackfish has connections in the Vale, but isn't it mentioned that relatives and friends of the participants are there? They wouldn't necessarily need an invitation.

I didn't go back and read the chapter again, so maybe I missed something. But when she talked about the melee, she mentioned that:

The melee was an afterthought, a sop for all the brothers, uncles, fathers, and friends who had accompanied the competitors to the Gates of the Moon to see them win their silver wings, but there would be prizes for the champions, and a chance to win ransoms.

Be still my beating heart!

Love the name! Also love the Stranger stories! The things Stranger does for love. Anyone else but Sandor, and he'd swim off the QI in a heartbeat.

I never particularly thought Sandor would actually be there, more that the last line was suggestive.

I think unless he's clear that she's in trouble, he's probably thinking she doesn't particularly want to see him. I always thought she'd be the one to come to him, in some way. I like the thought of this being seen as her choice.

As for the BWB, and anyone not invited, the Blackfish has connections in the Vale, but isn't it mentioned that relatives and friends of the participants are there? They wouldn't necessarily need an invitation.

I didn't go back and read the chapter again, so maybe I missed something. But when she talked about the melee, she mentioned that:

The bolded just so makes me want to see Sansa bring SR to the QI for some '

healing hands' to cure him of poison and help him get better from the shakes. uh huh, sure.

All sorts could show up at the melee and boy could the fun continue! (cuz ya know, there would have been losta fun in the jousting already)

And depending on how everything shakes out, and if Sansa is revealed, then I think word would filter to the QI and burned off ear of Sandor.

If we are in the calm before storm, then Lyn Corbray is the hurricane about to blow over. This is a man we need to watch out for and I think he will have a significant impact on Sansa's story moving forward and it could have a very interesting impact on some of our Webbers. Thoughts?

That was a nice read, thanks. Like you say, he was set up as a threat in AFFC, too.

Alayne could not help herself.

That reminds me of when she couldn't help herself saying things to Joffrey, on his nameday, and Sandor fished her out of that mess. She can be a bit reckless, swimming with the big fish.

Here's that:

Sansa could not believe she had spoken... {Sandor fishes her out}

Sansa could not seem to stop herself... {Sandor fishes her out again}

Good catch on the brood mares comment! I think that was aimed at her, too.

Be still my beating heart!

The bolded just so makes me want to see Sansa bring SR to the QI for some '

healing hands' to cure him of poison and help him get better from the shakes. uh huh, sure.

A little healing hands for Sansa, too. :)

What's adding to the puzzle of the tourney is the timeline. I looked at a timeline and it suggests that the day Sansa left the Eyrie for the Gates of the Moon, and the day Bri was hung and released by LS were the same day. Fifth month, fourth day, year 300. Bri meets up with Jamie and they disappear on Fifth month, twenty third day, year 300, so that would be 19 days, almost three weeks later.

We know from the Alayne chapter that there have been tourney guests at the Gates of the Moon for at least one month. However, time has passed from when the 'ravens flew' and it's noted that the competitors have come from all parts of the Vale; mountain valleys, coast, Gulltown, Bloody Gate and the Three Sisters.

News of the tourney would travel easiest from the port cites I would imagine; especially from Gulltown and the Three Sisters. So preparations would have to be what, two months maybe? So this tourney would have to take place after Jamie had met with LS, but the news of it may have travelled faster, but we still don't know if the news preceded his arrival at the BWB or not.

And another thing:

I read this in another thread so I thought I would mention it here. Think Alayne has taken over Sansa? Think again. GRRM in his subtlety has Sansa telling Lord Lymond Lynderly and Ben Coldwater who exactly killed Marillion:

GRRM you sly dog! That's our girl! Hat tip to poster Julia Spiegel for finding this delicious nugget of lemon cake!

I agree with you guys. Stranger and Sandor come in later. I feel the other Webbers suspect or piece or find stuff out first. ( Notice I put Stranger first…)

Thanks for the info about overlapping times for people. That always gets sticky for me.

Love the Spiegel tidbit. Oh snap - I just can't think of a better way to say it.

I am interested too in tavern gossip and really places where people gather to gossip in which news travels fast. I am interested in what spreads as the tourney goes on and after and while all these people travel about, or how it spreads from person to person and place to place. And what will dive out and spread after this tourney is going to be a goldmine. This event has to unfold for a sustained amount of time - with more info from LF and Sansa/Alayne to come out surely. I like that a lot of this will have LF stuck in the mud with even problems with people during and at actual tourney. Problems with Vale people will escalate leaving him exposed and somehow vulnerable. He may not even realize it all until its too late and that he stupidly unleashed the floodgates. And I think and can only hope it opens the opportunities for Webbers and Team Stark Girls to get their foot in the door.

LF has a many-pronged multiple-numbers front of issues to deal with and people to watch out for, and I hope that that in fact makes it easier to use an advantage, his scattered problems, for Webbers. I hope something is done, seen, happens, or whatever at that tourney that makes it easier for them somehow. I just feel the job and their load will somehow lighten in a way we couldn't see or fathom before this chapter was released. Not sure yet, but a door will be open, they can bring the crowbar or maybe even the TNT to pry or explode their path to the girls open, but really I think more Sansa. So we either get a slow or combustible quicker entrance of the Webbers. And either one is good.

I'm telling you guys…I think Stranger needs his own thread. lol!

I totally agree with you. I think Stranger and Sandor come in later after the Webbers get some break in the case maybe first. And my eye too is on that melee. It is more flexible and leaves a lot more room for people and unexpected things to go down. The melee is on my red alert totally.

A little more Stranger….can't help it:

Sandor: What does LF have that I don’t?

Stranger: You really want me to answer that? (Gives a pained look but meets his eyes.)

Sandor: Why would I ask?

Stranger: He's a smooth talker...I’ll leave it at that. ( meaning Sandor's not.) Powerful…They say he has brains…oh, and he doesn’t wear gowns. He has a shitload of gold. Nice titles, nice homes, your girl….you know what? (ouch) I was wrong. Go right on ahead wearing that Halloween costume if it makes you feel better, buddy. I’ve been way too hard on you lately. Gotta stop stealing your thunder…but there's one thing you have that he doesn’t.

Sandor: What’s that?

Straner: The baddest mother!@#$%^ horse in Westeros. That would be me. Screw Batman and Robin….

:cool4:

Archived