The Riverlands Web V.6

Booknerd2

I hope to hell somebody is drunk or whatever, and has the sense enough to take a running dive into the single, Westeros world record, massive lemon cake like the dude did in the November Rain video…lol!

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2008/05/01/cake.jpg

Ha ! Love it ! Sansa would be devastated, what a waste. ^_^ Maybe she'd salvage the salvageable into a 'doggy bag' for later. :P

Hey!

I know…the busies stink.

Great post. And yeah, I didn't pick up on Sandor references and thankfully Le Cygne did that post. I couldn't believe how much I missed and what harkened back to earlier people and stuff.

Check out my post before you with a lemon cake guns n roses reference…silly.

I am thinking about LF too…again. More than I'd like to. I was wondering about this…but you're right. The ease with which he agreed to this tourney is pause for alarm.

Is this where he is fallible for Cat and the Tully baggage issues he apparently still has? He mentioned her way beyond ad nauseum again in this chapter. Can’t resist lording it up and sticking it to the people who ruined his chances ( in his mind) of marriage with Cat. Now I believe and want to credit Sansa and that I totally feel her capable of pulling something to outmaneuver him, but I also love the idea that he strikes himself a major blow, and it is his own fault.

I like that he has screwed and destroyed so many people that his own lingering issue does himself in.

Baggage is an excellent way of putting it, and LF may believe that he is untouchable but it seems to be another heart vs. mind conflict conflict...

It is like LF is trying to get caught! He is parading his brand spanking new "daughter" in front of a tourney of the Vale nobility, plonking her in front of a fire which would enhance the auburn tones of her hair and having a whopping ginormous lemon cake is not exactly discreet.

I am not sure what LF's motives for doing this could be, the most likely is that people guessing Sansa's identity is all a part of his nefarious plan and he needs people to know so that he can move his plan forward. I havn't worked out why yet, but most likely to cause conflict. This would be his mind working and this is what has successfully governed him so far...

However, there also appears to be an element of him arrogantly reveling in his triumph of successfully stealing Sansa. He couldn't have Cat due to his lower born status and whilst I don't believe his bitter feelings regarding this have been Cat as a person, it was the fact that the world said he couldn't have her that caused his bitterness. Well...he got Sansa in the end so screw you world!

The giant, phallic shaped lemon cakes speaks volumes about what LF wants and if he allows his heart to govern his actions moving forward then he will reach a sticky end...lets hope the giant lemon cake falls on top of his head

Ha ! Love it ! Sansa would be devastated, what a waste. ^_^ Maybe she'd salvage the salvageable into a 'doggy bag' for later. :P

Haha! Let's be honest, if anyone is going to do the deed after a few too many dizzy-juices then it will be Sansa herself :drool:

One final thing...

Sorry for venturing off topic with more lemon cake talk, but i just wanted to quickly note the juxtaposition between the the snow Winterfell built by Sansa, and the 12 foot lemon monstrosity commissioned by Littlefinger. I see it as Sansa's innocent (snow) desire to go home, vs LF's desire for Sansa and power, made from bitterness (lemons) and destruction (he used all the lemons n the Vale).

Baggage is an excellent way of putting it, and LF may believe that he is untouchable but it seems to be another heart vs. mind conflict conflict...

It is like LF is trying to get caught! He is parading his brand spanking new "daughter" in front of a tourney of the Vale nobility, plonking her in front of a fire which would enhance the auburn tones of her hair and having a whopping ginormous lemon cake is not exactly discreet.

I am not sure what LF's motives for doing this could be, the most likely is that people guessing Sansa's identity is all a part of his nefarious plan and he needs people to know so that he can move his plan forward. I havn't worked out why yet, but most likely to cause conflict. This would be his mind working and this is what has successfully governed him so far...

However, there also appears to be an element of him arrogantly reveling in his triumph of successfully stealing Sansa. He couldn't have Cat due to his lower born status and whilst I don't believe his bitter feelings regarding this have been Cat as a person, it was the fact that the world said he couldn't have her that caused his bitterness. Well...he got Sansa in the end so screw you world!

The giant, phallic shaped lemon cakes speaks volumes about what LF wants and if he allows his heart to govern his actions moving forward then he will reach a sticky end...lets hope the giant lemon cake falls on top of his head

Haha! Let's be honest, if anyone is going to do the deed after a few too many dizzy-juices then it will be Sansa herself :drool:

One final thing...

Sorry for venturing off topic with more lemon cake talk, but i just wanted to quickly note the juxtaposition between the the snow Winterfell built by Sansa, and the 12 foot lemon monstrosity commissioned by Littlefinger. I see it as Sansa's innocent (snow) desire to go home, vs LF's desire for Sansa and power, made from bitterness (lemons) and destruction (he used all the lemons n the Vale).

Awesome post. So much good stuff.

Yeah, part of his twisted plan, that probably has several parts to it and even contingency back-up alternative plans depending, does seem to want to flaunt that it is her.

-Sansa held a very prominent, public, as open as a window display position at court in KL for a long time.

-People know she is on the run an fled Kl and has not been found

-Smart people will know that is not easy to do. Run out of KL without getting caught, and she must have had credible and substantial "help."

-She likes lemon cakes and there are people that could know that

So he has been lying to everyone in the Vale about who she is, even trying to arrange a marriage with Harry. And so has she.

I think what I'm trying to reason out here is: what is the message he wants to send the attendants and what does he want out of it, for them to react, ask, or do that serves him or creates issues with whoever he wants to tackle and destroy next, or what he wants for himself. And I would think it is pretty clear so he wants to keep Sansa for himself, but by the very act of what he is doing, the front about marrying her to Harry, or the natural follow that when people realize who she is, the may want to install her back at WF or away from him, or whatever, yet, he knows that would be their reaction, but that is not his plan anyway. It is confusing. That is what he wants them to think, that is not what he intends on happening thought.

Basically, it is like Mad Libs here filling out blanks.

This is really Sansa, this is why I did it, we lied for these reasons, this is how you should react, this is what you must do, or this is what must happen. And it should also be connected to him, what he's been doing in his high position, and it is connected to Westeros world events too. ( meaning how to lull or galvanize their thoughts or whatever, to act in some interest somehow) What he expects to be done here with these issues is what I don't get.

How all of that is connected, is what is the head scratcher, and how he feels he can make all his dominoes fall one by one into the pattern he craftily plotted out.

Sorry, wish I could explain that better. Trying to explain anything LF might be thinking is hard.

Oh, and your comparison of the Snow Castle and the Lemon cake is brilliant. Yeah, a big crafted tart, sour concoction reflecting his bullshit issues is great.

I love all your points, but I just want to say these two things are cracking me up...

Daffy Duck has so many problems….but in general, any LF victories after this are temporary. As we all said, that vibe from that chapter is: live it up, it is all downhill from here.

LF's lavish banquet and his obscene lemmoncake giving the rest of Westeros the finger will be noticed in the lands where food is scarce.

I love all your points, but I just want to say these two things are cracking me up...

Well, now we have India Wilkes and Daffy Duck...

And that Longie quote is brilliant. I was so tired at one point that even coffee wasn't helping, and I think I missed that one.

So true, and just excellently worded.

Wizz the Smith...

But, I can't help but feel trepidation in the ease with which he agreed to this Tourney and the Winged Knights idea.

It is very suspicious. I think he planted the suggestion. Wants her to think it was hers. All the "clever" references are about things he wanted to happen.

Shadrich, The Mad Mouse, the witty wee man... Now I was excited and nervous at the same time when he appeared and spoke to Sansa, and it was all so creepily cryptic, a bag of Dragons indeed. Whilst Sansa seemed blissfully unaware of any hint of trouble, we as readers were nervous. This following Sansa being very careful in relation to her being born In Gulltown around certain company as well. But that for me, all but confirmed he knows exactly who she is, great shout whoever called that in our chats. To finish on Shadrich, his funny quip to Sansa about '' I've never seen a mouse with wings before '' , I've seen some posts on this suggesting the imagery of a bat. I have nothing else on this other than the imagery we have about Sansa and Harrenhal previously, but thought this interesting nonetheless.

Creepily cryptic, indeed. It's almost a bit too much, isn't it? He's woven so many references here and throughout this whole chapter.

So like you say, this all makes the readers nervous.

Bookie, your Sandor stuff...

I mean, all of his conversations with her sound like a lovesick dolt drunk dialing the woman he’s in love with, and it goes oh, so wrong at times. Cause man, she sounded like him at times with the wise cracks. Loved it! In the vein of him… She was just as snappy as Sandor was with her in book 2 and 3…sans his cursing.

Sandor has always given her the advice to look, face things, and see things as they really are. She is doing it now.

Well, my boy…good job! Taught her well, she is doing it. She is seeing crap. She did not see to the core through what many people or situations truly were. Only she did see some of what you really were She got the gist of the good, which was hard to do. Good. Now she is applying it…what she learned from you and what you’d been telling her.

Sandor Clegane…tutor. Who knew?

Love it! :lol:

If you put all of her "the Hound said this" and "the Hound did that" musings together, throughout the series, it's like a "how to be a snarky badass" manual.

Alayne miscellaneous – multi-topics ( then I have more Sandor, Sansa, and Webber posts when I get them ready)

1. I was relieved to find about about the tapestries. What a smooth operator…that slimeball thinks of everything.

And the tapestry reveal reminded me of that…again. So I still worry what else he has brewing.

2. The Webbers – Is this the much needed break in the case for some of them or connected to it, or it already happened under our noses or behind the scenes? This is where my brain has been roaming lately. More on that another time because that needs a focus of its own with so many Webbers…Did any of them know already or will now because of the tourney?

3. I love and favor unabashedly my Baratheons. I love Gendry and Mya for many reasons I’ve enumerated before. And it sucks…that she is going through the same stuff as her brother Gendry. He is pissed that Arya is gone from him, and she is aggravated about the parting with Mychel. He knows all about that to, honey… Team BB – I love all Baratheon bastards. She has the same spunky attitude as Gendry can have. Nice, unassuming, honest, direct, brave, rugged, tough, hard workers, self-deprecating at times, tells it like it is… love them. Wish we knew more about Edric Storm but the seems like an ok guy too. Feel for him…

If you put all of her "the Hound said this" and "the Hound did that" musings together, throughout the series, it's like a "how to be a snarky badass" manual.

Stranger may even start to like her after this when he meets her again…lol!

Baratheon love...

I love and favor unabashedly my Baratheons. I love Gendry and Mya for many reasons I’ve enumerated before. And it sucks…that she is going through the same stuff as her brother Gendry. He is pissed that Arya is gone from him, and she is aggravated about the parting with Mychel. He knows all about that to, honey… Team BB – I love all Baratheon bastards. She has the same spunky attitude as Gendry can have. Nice, unassuming, honest, direct, brave, rugged, tough, hard workers, self-deprecating at times, tells it like it is… love them. Wish we knew more about Edric Storm but the seems like an ok guy too. Feel for him...

Poor Mya, to hell with Mychel. He's her Loras. Lothor is her Sandor.

MMM... lemon cakes...

<snip>

I see it as Sansa's innocent (snow) desire to go home, vs LF's desire for Sansa and power, made from bitterness (lemons) and destruction (he used all the lemons n the Vale).

Oooh, I like! What a bitter "small man" (both Sansa and Cat called him that).

He took all the sweetness from her love of lemon cakes, like he took all the sweetness from her life.

Mad Madam Mim quote:

"it was the fact that the world said he couldn't have her that caused his bitterness. Well...he got Sansa in the end so screw you world!"

And now he has a massive gathering showing off his lordly hospitality ( bullshit) Well, one of many purposes he hopes to enact.

This is powerful…maybe enough for him to miscalculate and it would tie in with his issues with Cat being mentioned and heavily demonstrative I think in almost every book. Maybe he really thinks having a hold on the food supply is his big cushion against anything…I'm not sure. Or other stuff he's doing, planning that we don't really know about yet.

I hope this ass tripped up with holding this event.

One final thing...

Venturing off topic? Is that even possible? LOL! Anyway, love your last paragraph, very insightful.

Perhaps Lyn Corbray will throw Harry into the cake. Even Sweet Robin might like that.

SandorSpeak needs a new catagory; SandorSnark, or would that be SandorCandor? Perhaps both...what a list that would be. We need OGE to show up, he could put together a list of Sandor's best pick-up lines!!!

'The Key to Understanding Sandor Clegane' brought to you by the Webbers! Pre-order your copy now, they are guaranteed to sell out fast. First 100 orders receive a coupon for a free slice of lemoncake. Order now! Only 9.99 silvers and a first run copy is yours!!!!! Send a raven, order now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SandorSpeak needs a new catagory; SandorSnark, or would that be SandorCandor? Perhaps both...what a list that would be. We need OGE to show up, he could put together a list of Sandor's best pick-up lines!!!

'The Key to Understanding Sandor Clegane' brought to you by the Webbers! Pre-order your copy now, they are guaranteed to sell out fast. First 100 orders receive a coupon for a free slice of lemoncake. Order now! Only 9.99 silvers and a first run copy is yours!!!!! Send a raven, order now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Sansa keeps up the zingers, especially the ones with Harry, she gets her own companion book.

If Sansa keeps up the zingers, especially the ones with Harry, she gets her own companion book.

Ha!

'Sansa's Saucy Saying, a Lady's Book of Armour. A Bit of Snark for all Occasions'

Archived