The Riverlands Web V.6

Booknerd2

Ah, sorry if I said too much bookie, I should've waited till you posted again, my bad. :dunce:

You didn't say too much. I just was explaining why I was blabbing about Jaime not betraying Brienne and not the rest of the story... I figure that point was safe. :)

You didn't say too much. I just was explaining why I was blabbing about Jaime not betraying Brienne and not the rest of the story... I figure that point was safe. :)

Gotcha. That's ok then. :D

And that Maegi link is cool. I too had previously missed it, but found a couple of threads on it this week. :)

That was fabulous! I quoted my favorite part, I couldn't stop laughing for a while.

No worries about Jaime, he won't betray Brienne. Those are my two favorite romances, Jaime/Brienne and Sansa/Sandor, because he's so beautifully showing them fall in love, and the reader knows, but they don't know, and then they know, and none of them turn away from it, even though it's something completely new to them, they just go with it...

Anyway... no worries there, and can't wait for part 2! So the more you hate someone, the longer it gets, I like that! :lol:

Thanks!

Oh, I can't wait for part 2. Because the play-by-play will be fun. I will never forget reading Jaime ripping her to shreds. I did not expect that. It was whoa. That had to be some walk of shame out the door. Totally tail between the legs. And she still didn't get a Lannister marriage she wanted. Because in her mind, Joy Hill is not good enough.

So, to go through all that trouble….in her mind…for almost NOTHING!

F*cking PRICELESS!

I'm taking my Riverlands Web Nookie Coordinator duties seriously. :lol:

I'm also looking into Anguy and the ladies, what's going on there? Will that play into things? Perhaps he will say too much to the wrong lady... Or fall for one, and that will complicate things.

Great post bookie ! I agree with everything you wrote. I like your take on Gawan as well, what is up with that ? We don't get any real indication as to what his thoughts are, or any involvement at all really. It all seems to go through Sybell.

And I agree with your final opinion on Jeyne. She definitely shows some guts by standing up to her mother, and in front of Jaime as well. I like her, and I think that she still holds importance to the Riverlanders and northerners, and the BF in particular. I think you mentioned it, but this may have been a small part of the attraction for Robb in the first place ?

Talking of strong Spicer/Westerling women, and Sybell using the 'moon tea', or whatever that was, on Jeyne. When looking into Sybell, there's a strong connection that she is the grandaughter of Maggy the Frog. In fact the wiki straight out says it, I know it's not always 100 %, but this seems right. We have this from Kevan Lannister while talking to Tywin, Tyrion and Cersei.....

Lady Sybell’s grandfather was a trader in saffron and pepper, almost as lowborn as that smuggler Stannis keeps. And the grandmother was some woman he’d brought back from the east. A frightening old crone, supposed to be a priestess. Maegi, they called her. No one could pronounce her real name. Half of Lannisport used to go to her for cures and love potions and the like.” [ Tyrion III, ASOS.]

This sure does sound like the Maggy the Frog we know about in the Westerlands from some years ago, giving young Cersei her nightmare prophecy. There's a couple of threads on this info, but just that really, the info. But I'm wondering what, if any pay off or connection that George could have up his sleeve here. It seems a bit too coincidental for these two story lines to overlap, I dunno. But still interesting, and worth pointing out. :dunno:

Oh, we are totally going to look at the Maggy thing in part 2. Oh, and go ahead and discuss whatever you guys want. That's okay. But yeah, part 2 will cover a lot of other stuff too.

Oh, sorry about Reynald. You are so prolific and come up with so much information, I think I forgot you'd brought that up before. Probably on the long list of stuff you contribute that we still have to get to when we tackle future projects. :laugh:

I'm taking my Riverlands Web Nookie Coordinator duties seriously. :lol:

I'm also looking into Anguy and the ladies, what's going on there? Will that play into things? Perhaps he will say too much to the wrong lady... Or fall for one, and that will complicate things.

Coordinate away…lol!

Ah, that might be an issue. He blew like all his winnings on women, wine, and fun.

And then they took Sandor's money….poor bastard.

Thanks!

Oh, I can't wait for part 2. Because the play-by-play will be fun. I will never forget reading Jaime ripping her to shreds. I did not expect that. It was whoa. That had to be some walk of shame out the door. Totally tail between the legs. And she still didn't get a Lannister marriage she wanted. Because in her mind, Joy Hill is not good enough.

So, to go through all that trouble….in her mind…for almost NOTHING!

F*ucking PRICELESS!

Totally agree ! It's one of the stand out moments for me. And Jaime leaves no doubt as to his opinion on the matter ! :)

I was just rereading the Brienne chapter where she meets the Sparrows led by the future High Septon and there's this bit:

I'm assuming the first sentence refers to the Brave Companions, though it might be interesting to find the actual events and see if there's any link to the current politics of the HS etc. But the second sentence is more interesting, since it's then elaborated upon with one of Brienne's companions remarking on what a monster would rape a silent sister. Assuming this is not just mentioned at random, is it possible that this is what's happened to Ned's bones? Lost on the road? :(

I don't know. But I think we haven't seen the last of his bones.

And so much is made of the WF crypts in general.

And damn, can someone cut Ned Stark a break? Bones are somewhere, his family sword, Ice, is made into a Lannister-concoction with garish, bedazzler ruby crap and heavily ornamental lions and crap. Two swords of crap for the price of one great one. The only consolation is that Brienne is doing good work with Oathkeeper. So like 50% of Ice gets cut some slack.

The Silent Sisters give me the damn creeps….but they do get mentioned often and sporadically. Almost like: hey, readers, keep them in mind.

Oh, we are totally going to look at the Maggy thing in part 2. Oh, and go ahead and discuss whatever you guys want. That's okay. But yeah, part 2 will cover a lot of other stuff too.

Oh, sorry about Reynald. You are so prolific and come up with so much information, I think I forgot you'd brought that up before. Probably on the long list of stuff you contribute that we still have to get to when we tackle future projects. :laugh:

Cool, this Maggy thing has me intrigued. And they get Castamere as well, or least her brother does I think. Look forward to part 2.

And as for Reynald, I only offered that there was no body, and that was always interesting. But I think Jon of the (Evil) Dead has perhaps moved discussion forward. Still low on the list, but nice to see him come up every now and then. :)

Part 2 will be awesome…with a little Beavis and Butt-Head thrown in.

Don't ask me where I get my ideas. But if fits. LOL!

Oh, and LeCygne, I am almost done with my little write up for the Arya Gendry post you proposed. Had to let marinate a bit.

I was just rereading the Brienne chapter where she meets the Sparrows led by the future High Septon and there's this bit:

I'm assuming the first sentence refers to the Brave Companions, though it might be interesting to find the actual events and see if there's any link to the current politics of the HS etc. But the second sentence is more interesting, since it's then elaborated upon with one of Brienne's companions remarking on what a monster would rape a silent sister. Assuming this is not just mentioned at random, is it possible that this is what's happened to Ned's bones? Lost on the road? :(

I don't know, a possibility I suppose. The Silent Sisters had Hallis Mollen and an entourage with them I think, not sure how large an entourage ? But hopefully enough to see off any bandits or attackers ? As bookie said, give the guy a break, let him get to WF and his crypts. But also, saying that, I agree that it's probably not the last time we see or hear of Ned's bones.

Sybelle getting Castamere is not going to be the prize she wanted, methinks. My understanding is she schemed the marriage plan with Tywin just to piss off Late Lord Frey. Or so it may have seemed. How much of the Jenye/Robb plan did he know? I mean, was RW planned after the marriage or before? Well Tywin got his just rewards thanks to Tyrion but what about Sybelle?

Ohhh, maybe the prologue to WOW will be about Jayne and her mother and it's her mother who gets whacked! NICE! Will have to wait and see on that one tho.

Sybelle will regret her part in the scheme and she may also see her daughter suffer even more that she has already. Plus, I think Jeyne could have a permanent break with her. H'eh, like Lord Walder, she's in for a world of hurt.

Part 2 will be awesome…with a little Beavis and Butt-Head thrown in.

Don't ask me where I get my ideas. But if fits. LOL!

Oh, and LeCygne, I am almost done with my little write up for the Arya Gendry post you proposed. Had to let marinate a bit.

Cool !, he....he, he...he....he, he..... Sorry. :blushing:

Sybelle getting Castamere is not going to be the prize she wanted, methinks. My understanding is she schemed the marriage plan with Tywin just to piss off Late Lord Frey. Or so it may have seemed. How much of the Jenye/Robb plan did he know? I mean, was RW planned after the marriage or before? Well Tywin got his just rewards thanks to Tyrion but what about Sybelle?

Ohhh, maybe the prologue to WOW will be about Jayne and her mother and it's her mother who gets whacked! NICE! Will have to wait and see on that one tho.

Sybelle will regret her part in the scheme and she may also see her daughter suffer even more that she has already. Plus, I think Jeyne could have a permanent break with her. H'eh, like Lord Walder, she's in for a world of hurt.

Hey Longie, I think the RW must have been arranged after Robb's marriage, as there would be no other wedding to sabotage until the one with Edmure was confirmed. I always thought that once Tywin had got involved, Sybell was worried for her and her family's safety, he is her liege Lord and with a fearsome reputation. I'm not excusing her by any means, but that was my take on it.

Of course there is the opinion that he got involved in Robb + Jeyne getting together, through contact with the Westerlings. But that doesn't seem right to me. How would he know where Robb was ? And then be able to influence a family near by, that luckily tends to his wounds, so quickly ? And I thought Frey was approached after the slight from Robb, as he would then more likely work with Tywin. Again, only my take on it ? :dunno:

And I think you're right about Sybell, she has it coming me thinks. Not sure about her brother having Castamere, may lead to nowhere, but no one has held that castle since the Rains right ? And it's the seat that traditionally gave the Lannisters trouble. The Spicers are rich, I just thought that an odd choice. :dunno:

I just hope the Spicers (I think they're the shitty side of the family) meet the same fate than the Castameres. Everyone named Westerling is cool, though

Also, am I the only one expecting Jeyne's powers to kick in sometime in WoW? Maybe Maggy's magic genes skip two generations (?). I'm just waiting for a kickass prophecy from her, and I'm seriously intrigued by her role in the story now that she's not Robb's wife

I just hope the Spicers (I think they're the shitty side of the family) meet the same fate than the Castameres. Everyone named Westerling is cool, though

Also, am I the only one expecting Jeyne's powers to kick in sometime in WoW? Maybe Maggy's magic genes skip two generations (?). I'm just waiting for a kickass prophecy from her, and I'm seriously intrigued by her role in the story now that she's not Robb's wife

Yes. Let us all not forget that Rolph Spicer is an ass too.

Exactly, and Grey Wind shows us that in his attitude towards Rolph and Sybell Spicer ! :P

And a prophecy from Jeyne, that sounds intriguing. I haven't looked into the whole Maggy/Sybell/Jeyne thing a great deal, but conjures some cool images and thoughts. :)

Exactly, and Grey Wind shows us that in his attitude towards Rolph and Sybell Spicer ! :P

And a prophecy from Jeyne, that sounds intriguing. I haven't looked into the whole Maggy/Sybell/Jeyne thing a great deal, but conjures some cool images and thoughts. :)

The more beautiful queen, perhaps?

Great post bookie ! I agree with everything you wrote. I like your take on Gawan as well, what is up with that ? We don't get any real indication as to what his thoughts are, or any involvement at all really. It all seems to go through Sybell.

And I agree with your final opinion on Jeyne. She definitely shows some guts by standing up to her mother, and in front of Jaime as well. I like her, and I think that she still holds importance to the Riverlanders and northerners, and the BF in particular. I think you mentioned it, but this may have been a small part of the attraction for Robb in the first place ?

Talking of strong Spicer/Westerling women, and Sybell using the 'moon tea', or whatever that was, on Jeyne. When looking into Sybell, there's a strong connection that she is the grandaughter of Maggy the Frog. In fact the wiki straight out says it, I know it's not always 100 %, but this seems right. We have this from Kevan Lannister while talking to Tywin, Tyrion and Cersei.....

Lady Sybells grandfather was a trader in saffron and pepper, almost as lowborn as that smuggler Stannis keeps. And the grandmother was some woman hed brought back from the east. A frightening old crone, supposed to be a priestess. Maegi, they called her. No one could pronounce her real name. Half of Lannisport used to go to her for cures and love potions and the like. [ Tyrion III, ASOS.]

This sure does sound like the Maggy the Frog we know about in the Westerlands from some years ago, giving young Cersei her nightmare prophecy. There's a couple of threads on this info, but just that really, the info. But I'm wondering what, if any pay off or connection that George could have up his sleeve here. It seems a bit too coincidental for these two story lines to overlap, I dunno. But still interesting, and worth pointing out. :dunno:

First off, I'd like to say this thread is great. No arguing and really great analysis. This is my first post here, BTW.

So, I agree that Jeyne, post-RW seems to have toughened up from the lovestruck girl we saw in ASoS. I was a bit confused about possible switched identities due to Jaime's narrow hips comment, but this was just a lapse in GRRM's continuity, IIRC.

But remember when Tywin tells Tyrion that his little plan will work because Robb is his father's son and Jeyne is her mother's daughter.

Is this just another underestimation of a child by their parent, or was Tywin hinting that Jeyne wasn't just obedient but complicit? Did this change with her falling in love or when she sees her mother for the "scheming turncloak bitch" that she is?

I can't wait to see what happens with her in the next book's prologue, hopefully Jeyne will prove she's more her father's daughter than Tywin thought.

Archived