Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

I hope those 1,500 extras will be used in Eurons attack on Oldtown.

there are so many things it could be:

1. Wight army attack on the Wall

2. Dany's gathering horde (Freedmen, Dothraki, other refugees)

3. Another attack on KL, this time successful, at the end of the season

4. Oldtown indeed

I very much doubt Storm's End. That is a kind of non-event in the books that sets things up for other events and is not all that important itself. SOOO not worth putting that much effort into. Plus, you can expect whatever it is to be towards the end of the season, not the beginning, and things like Storm's End are pretty much past the point of being useful already.

I don't see enough space for other major characters unless you want to abandon the returning characters: Blackfish, Edmure, BWB, Freys, Gendry, Bloodraven, Bran, a Dothraki leader and other unexpected returning characters like Sandor Clegane or Benjen Stark.

Most of these aren't major roles at all. They are known characters, but the parts aren't that big.

Euron and Tarly IMO will both be at least the level of Oberyn in season 4: Big roles with probably limited lifespans.

Anyone else thinking that Aeron might be in , if Euron is in they should have someone who will work against him and Aeron is doing that in the books. Or will Yara be the one oppose Euron?

Well, if Yara doesn't show up at Stannis' camp anytime soon, then she'll have nothing to do so, it's probably her vs. Euron next season.

Euron and Tarly IMO will both be at least the level of Oberyn in season 4: Big roles with probably limited lifespans.

Well, IMO Euron is as mysterious as Melisandre and also somewhat controversial character, so I highly doubt that he will have a limited lifespan.

Most of these aren't major roles at all. They are known characters, but the parts aren't that big.

I agree but they are 2 possibly 3 added storylines. The Dornish will join other storylines which leaves space for Riverlands. If one of the Boltons/Baratheons are anhiliated this season or early S6 then that leaves space for another but not more. Brienne is joining someone's storyline aswell to make space for Bran and Oldtown/Greyjoys. I even forgot Rickon who'll surely come back and join Sansa's story.

So I really don't see space for more major characters, as in Euron/Tarly who require new storylines but we could get an Umber for example or a Dothraki leader.

I agree but they are 2 possibly 3 added storylines. The Dornish will join other storylines which leaves space for Riverlands. If one of the Boltons/Baratheons are anhiliated this season or early S6 then that leaves space for another but not more. Brienne is joining someone's storyline aswell to make space for Bran and Oldtown/Greyjoys. I even forgot Rickon who'll surely come back and join Sansa's story.

So I really don't see space for more major characters, as in Euron/Tarly who require new storylines but we could get an Umber for example or a Dothraki leader.

I don't really understand what you are trying to say?

We know from casting call we will get Tarly and Euron and that they are big roles. It says directly. Sam is in Euron's storyline because Oldtown, so his dad might be as well. The show will probably have him responsible for defending the Reach from the IB late in the season, and being an ahole to Sam who stops by home to drop off Gilly early in the season. I imagine there will be a bit of Dorne overlap in that storyline as well, with Sarella or replacement interacting with Sam.

My initial point was: There's no time for new major character OTHER than Tarly/Euron. I gave my reasons why I believe that (returning characters/locations plus a new location in Oldtown).

I do not doubt that Tarly/Euron will have big roles, maybe even against each other.

I don't see enough space for other major characters unless you want to abandon the returning characters: Blackfish, Edmure, BWB, Freys, Gendry, Bloodraven, Bran, a Dothraki leader and other unexpected returning characters like Sandor Clegane or Benjen Stark.

I don't think Blackfish and Edmure will return, unless just briefly. Edmure's actor has a starring role in another show now (Outlander) so I'd imagine he's difficult to schedule.

I also think Jaime going to Dorne and Arya removing the BWB from her kill list means we won't see much, if any, of them again.

"Bryan Cranston will appear in season six as Sacro Bleur, a mercenary hired to assassinate Jon Snow."

:lmao: What a joke

It gets even funnier.

Sacro doesn’t feature in the original books but I was very keen to write a role for Bryan.”, said George R.R. Martin:

He’s a man of mysterious origins adept at swordsmanship and a real charmer. Bryan complained that he never gets to do any sex scenes so I’ve written one in which he makes love to a White Walker. I say love, it’s more brutal, unbridled lust.

Asked if he had any plans to work with any other former members of the Breaking Bad cast, Martin nodded:

I’m seriously considering getting Dean Norris, the guy who played Hank, to play a Dornish mineral salesman.

Great joke! Bwah-hah-hah!!

I don't think Blackfish and Edmure will return, unless just briefly. Edmure's actor has a starring role in another show now (Outlander) so I'd imagine he's difficult to schedule.

I also think Jaime going to Dorne and Arya removing the BWB from her kill list means we won't see much, if any, of them again.

Edmure as you said doesn't have a huge role and he's been optimistic about returning. He wouldn't have many scenes anyway so I doubt scheduling will be a major problem.

As for the other characters, I thought the same as you but these new casting calls have made me think it all again. The Septon who was similarly described to a Meribald/Elder Brother mix will have to appear in someone's storyline and it's most likely in the Riverlands where the BWB/Freys/possibly Jaime will be.

Archived