Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Every time a Greyjoy is mentioned, I think of Viggo Mortensen. In my opinion, he could pull off any of the Greyjoy uncles convincingly. I got to ask him a question just under a year a go on huffpostlive and I asked 'would you do GoT if asked?' and his response was "sure, why not? *laughs* sean bean did it."

yes he could of been joking and yes d&d might not even ever consider asking him to play anyone but one can dream :)

I don't get why people like him frankly. He's an idiot. Good at smashing people and nothing else and being inside his head is incredibly boring.

I think he is one of those POVs put in so that we can view more important characters from their perspective rather than from inside the heads of characters who need to be somewhat mysterious to us.

Vicky's one of the most reliable narrators in the series. He's simple, but what he sees you can trust, unlike many other POVs who are massively unreliable. And that scores him points in my book.

Plus he's a good character, he's brutal and ambitious, but loyal and just to his own code. He's a follower but grows more independent when we see him separated from his brothers. He's a religious man but he adopts new gods to go with his old ones. He's a heartless brute yet becomes genuinely concerned for the dusky woman. Vicky's not nearly as boring and one dimensional as it's popular to make him seem and a much more complex character than someone like ser Grandpa, who's truly boring beyond his badassery.

Every time a Greyjoy is mentioned, I think of Viggo Mortensen. In my opinion, he could pull off any of the Greyjoy uncles convincingly. I got to ask him a question just under a year a go on huffpostlive and I asked 'would you do GoT if asked?' and his response was "sure, why not? *laughs* sean bean did it."

yes he could of been joking and yes d&d might not even ever consider asking him to play anyone but one can dream :)

Eh, if we're talking about big name actors and greyjoys we've gotta talk about Sam Rockwell as Euron. That would be a really amazing performance.

cgf-

where on earth are you getting the concern for his sex slave notion from? Concern for Dusky Lady? Hardly.

I presume he refers to the fact he shares his plans and dreams with her. Or not as I need to rereard them for a 3rd time. That bitchslap is frankly normal of Victarion, no matter whom is on the recieving end. What's also interesting is the influence the horn is beginning to have over Victarion by TWoW.

Do you think anyone will be upgraded to main cast ? Im thinking maybe Gemma Whelan , but the main cast is already big and if Sandor and Gendry returns it's not gonna be room for enyone else.

1,500 extras are being cast for Girona and Peniscola. They used 400 for Daznak's Pit and 500 for Hardhome. Smells like some battle scenes...

Dany's trail of dead on the way to Westeros. Hopefully she will spark slave uprisings across the continent including a big one in Volantis.

I presume he refers to the fact he shares his plans and dreams with her. Or not as I need to rereard them for a 3rd time. That bitchslap is frankly normal of Victarion, no matter whom is on the recieving end. What's also interesting is the influence the horn is beginning to have over Victarion by TWoW.

She has no tongue. Not like she ever actually consented to sex with him constantly then is it? He tells her things because, and ONLY because she has no tongue. So it's like talking to a pet: can't talk back.

I don't see enough space for other major characters unless you want to abandon the returning characters: Blackfish, Edmure, BWB, Freys, Gendry, Bloodraven, Bran, a Dothraki leader and other unexpected returning characters like Sandor Clegane or Benjen Stark.

I'm not sure how many of you are HBO supporters the way I am, but I think they've seriously put out some of the best content on either the big or small screen since the mid-90's with Oz. Oz, the Sopranos, the Wire, Carnivale, Rome, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones etc. I've seen HBO cast some great actors in all these series, and I love it when they bring back people from other past shows. For instance, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was amazing on Oz for 4 seasons, and it was really cool to see Game of Thrones cast him this season, even if it was just for a small performance. Cirian Hinds was good as Mance Ryder but does anyone remember him as Julius Casesar from Rome? One of the best performances I've ever seen. I'd really like to see James Purefoy who was also amazing as Marc Antony make it on this show at some point. I've head relations between him and the GOT creators are a little sour after Purefoy made some comments about the similarites between Rome and GOT. Here is a list of past HBO actors who were great in previous roles that I'd love see make it to GOT sometime soon:

James Purefoy from Rome

Clancy Brown from Carnivale

Polly Walker from Rome

Dominic West from the Wire

Michael J. Anderson from Carnivale/Twin Peaks

Gretchen Mole from Boardwalk Empire

Ray Stevenson from Rome

Kevin McKidd from Rome

Jack Houston from Boadwalk Empire

Lance Reddick from Oz/The Wire

I think either James Purefoy (Marc Antony from Rome) or Jack Houston (Richard Harrow from Boardwalk Empire) would make an amazing Euron Greyjoy. Kevin McKidd has red hair but if that can be changed then it would be awesome to see him or Ray Stevenson as Randall Tally. Kevin McKidd already kind of played that strict, disciplined warrior that returns home in Rome. And I'd love to see Clancy Brown on this show. He was amazing as the priest turned demon in Carnivale and he has experience swinging a sword as the Kurgan from the Original Highlander movie. I'm not sure what role he could be cast in but I think he'd make a very interesting Septon Meribald.

Again, just a wishlist, but they're all proven, great actors that I'd love to see in the GOT universe.

Archived