Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Brienne was always a fairly out there interpretation, beauty on the inside, that was a long shot. I didn't expect Brienne's story to lead to Stannis, I'm sure how that will work since it seemed like she and Jamie had something to resolve, so if that is a spoiler that's big, I agree.

Younger and more beautiful queen is Dany. We should assume its not Marg because Cersei thinks it is. People discounted Dany because 'too obvious' but some things are obvious.

What is obvious is that it is Margery.

Because Cersei made it happen that way, yes, so Cersei can really only blame herself. But nevertheless, it is Margery who has been directly involved with all of Cersei's losses so far except Jamie, and who will be involved with the deaths of Cersei's other children as well before Dany ever sets foot in Westeros.

"until there comes" makes it very clear it can't be Cersei because Cersei already "came" and can't destroy her queenhood by becoming a younger queen.

^I'm not sure what most of that is based on really. Dorne for example: we really don't have a clue. Some Sand Snakes will show up in KL beginning of season though. I'm pretty sure of that.

Dany and the Dothraki, yes. Tyrion in Meereen, yes. But not so much Dany in Meereen maybe. And Jorah may be dead.

Sansa's story may not be resolved. I am not totally sure she will escape like Jeyne did. Theon will escape, and help her in some key way, but it may not be by getting her out of Winterfell.

Another slight bit of Tarly gossip - my friend auditioning for 'Son' said that Tim McInnerny, probably most famous for being Percy and Captain Darling in Blackadder, had auditioned for 'Father'.

Pretty out there choice for Randyll, I'd say, but a certain name recognition...

He is a very god actor. He could do it.

-Iron Islands with Euron , Asha & Theon. Similar to Dorne this year. Theon will definitely be here after WF escape.

I'd rather doubt that.

Dont think we'll get any Kingsmoot.

My guess :

510 : Balon dies and Yara talks of the Silence returning.

601 : Euron returns, claims himself King by showing off all his treasures from all over the world. Yara defies him. Euron threatens her. Yara runs away.

From that on, Yara will be back on track with whatever she does in Winds and Euron will attack the Reach.

I'd rather doubt that.

Dont think we'll get any Kingsmoot.

My guess :

510 : Balon dies and Yara talks of the Silence returning.

601 : Euron returns, claims himself King by showing off all his treasures from all over the world. Yara defies him. Euron threatens her. Yara runs away.

From that on, Yara will be back on track with whatever she does in Winds and Euron will attack the Reach.

They'll have a mini-Kingsmoot I bet, but nothing as grand as the books. It's a juicy bit of Ironborn culture after all.

Considering that someone needs to be Riverlands for that plot I would say Jaime goes there. He can not go to KL if he does not go there in the books (which he might). I think Jaime and maybe Mycella could be traveling to Casterly Rock through Riverlands when they run in to people.

Another slight bit of Tarly gossip - my friend auditioning for 'Son' said that Tim McInnerny, probably most famous for being Percy and Captain Darling in Blackadder, had auditioned for 'Father'.

Pretty out there choice for Randyll, I'd say, but a certain name recognition...

I agree that it's a pretty out-there choice on first hearing, given that he's mainly known for playing foppish, ineffectual characters. But I can definitely see it working - he's lost his dandy-ish appearance with age and could definitely pull off a harsh, stern look, and he's a very good and very experienced actor so I'm sure he knows what he's doing putting himself up for a character like Tarly.

If the mummer group is a traveling group, maybe that's how Arya meets up with Team Dany. I doubt that D&D will be able to resist a scenario where Tyrion watches a play featuring himself as the lead character.

If the mummer group is a traveling group, maybe that's how Arya meets up with Team Dany. I doubt that D&D will be able to resist a scenario where Tyrion watches a play featuring himself as the lead character.

One of the first things I thought when I read "Mercy" was that if the show actually had space to make use of it, you could have a lot of fun with that concept, a la "The Ember Island Players" in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

One of the first things I thought when I read "Mercy" was that if the show actually had space to make use of it, you could have a lot of fun with that concept, a la "The Ember Island Players" in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

They already did, though. Joffrey's wedding. Too much of a good thing would be a bad thing.

So Season 6 will have these storylines [using S5 Info as well as new castings]

[...]

The storylines will be very scattered even more than S5. In S5 we only had Dorne. In S6 we have Highgarden + Riverlands + Iron isles.

Dany is all alone , so is Arya. As well as Sam. Even Jon is alone now.

More isolated storylines. Longer episodes ~57 minutes each with reduced screentime for all players.

I extremely disagree.

The way I think it will go, these will be the major plotlines:

- The North Remembers, ft. Stannis, the Boltons, Sansa and Theon;

- The Invasion of the Reach, ft. Euron, Yara, Sam, Randyll, one of the Sand Snakes (probably Tyene), possibly Loras;

- The Threesome for the Throne, ft. Myrcella, Trystane, Doran, Ellaria, the remaining Snakes (Obara, Nym), Cersei, Margaery, Olenna, Varys and Robert Strong;

These will be the secondary:

- The Return of the Prodigals, ft. Dany, Tyrion, Jorah, the Dothraki and possibly Missandei and Grey Worm, assuming Dany does not leave them behind in Meereen;

- The Scouring of the Riverlands, ft. Jaime, Brienne, the Freys, and however many of the Brotherhood they will want to include;

And these will be the minor ones:

- The Discovery of the Truth (Jon, Mel, Bran);

- Let's Guess Into Which Plotline They Will Direct Arya (BTW, I Really Hope She Goes With Sam To Oldtown).

The way I see it, Stannis will fall only at the end of S6.

I thought of ATLA as well. D&D seem to like meta, so I doubt they would pass up the opportunity for Tyrion to watch a play with a bastardized Richard III version of himself, a blowsy drunk playing Cersei, a saintly version of Joffrey, etc. If Arya's character in the play is meant to be Sansa, though, it would add an additional nasty edge to Arya playing "Sansa" getting raped on her wedding night when TV Sansa was in fact raped on her wedding night.

I agree that it's a pretty out-there choice on first hearing, given that he's mainly known for playing foppish, ineffectual characters. But I can definitely see it working - he's lost his dandy-ish appearance with age and could definitely pull off a harsh, stern look, and he's a very good and very experienced actor so I'm sure he knows what he's doing putting himself up for a character like Tarly.

I think the spectre of the iconic Blackadder casts a shadow over his career, but the weight of his work has mostly been quite stern parts since.

He was very good in Black Death.

They already did, though. Joffrey's wedding.

Not really comparable.

I thought of ATLA as well. D&D seem to like meta, so I doubt they would pass up the opportunity for Tyrion to watch a play with a bastardized Richard III version of himself, a blowsy drunk playing Cersei, a saintly version of Joffrey, etc. If Arya's character in the play is meant to be Sansa, though, it would add an additional nasty edge to Arya playing "Sansa" getting raped on her wedding night when TV Sansa was in fact raped on her wedding night.

I don't think the character Arya plays is literally Sansa (though she's clearly meant to remind the audience of Sansa) -- but if the show does adapt this, I'm pretty sure she will be playing Sansa, as there's a lot more you can do with that than with her as a bit player or whatever.

Archived