Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

I am from the UK. He has quite a strong Yorkshire accent (northern) which he used in the show. Just listen to his short vowels.

Listen to the way he says 'bastard', 'past' and 'but'.

He's from York iirc, so it's hardly surprising he has a Northern accent really.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Umber_(Greatjon)

Just saying, the picture of him on the wiki shows him and two bears in the background.

The description also is very similar.

Those are roaring giants, not bears.

How reliable is this casting news? I don't know, it sounds more and more like wishful thinking...

I think it is reliable. However never forgot Varamyr Sixskins was supposed to be casted in season 5. Did you see him?

To be honest, the casting of the Northern Lord makes me pissed. Where the hell were they in season 5?

I did, at least I think it was supposed to be him.

When?/Where? (I really did not see him. But I must admit I also did not see Ghost in episode 1

From what I could see, in the books Varamyr Prologue was only for the purpose of clueing us in into possibility of Jon warging into Ghost after his "death", if Jon's death/revival is unrelated to warging, what is the purpose of Varamyr on the show? To add conflict to Bran?

My question is, who would be having this flashback?

Ned, Robert, and Catelyn, are all dead. The Stark daughters are alive but they of course couldn't have a flashback to see their father as a youth.

Littlefinger maybe?

Hmmm, so, in a series with a prominent character who is gaining the ability to see the past and a woman who can see prophetic visions in trees, you don't know who could possibly be seeing a vision if they didn't live through it?

Archived