[TWoW Spoilers] Alayne I

Annara Snow

Good, good, Sansa is definitely playing the game now, even if it's Littlefinger's game for the moment.

Sad though, a new sample chapter means GRRM nowhere near completion of the book.

Not necessarily. I assume that GRRM wanted to release this before season 5 comes out. There's a photo from season 5 of Sansa and LF at some sort of tourney so I guess he just didn't want the show to spoil anything. It probably has nothing to do with how much of TWOW he's finished.

Spicey Sansa! She seems to be increasingly enjoying the Alayne persona, and the chance to be a little bit "wicked." But I couldn't help but to notice that she's anticipating the chance to laugh about it later with Petyr.

Lol at the giant lemoncake!

I really enjoyed that chapter. It's nice to finally have confirmation of which tapestries Cersei sent to Littlefinger. Hopefully the "Targaryen tapestries" theory will die now. :p

I just wish there'd been some reaction to news of events outside the Vale... Is no one talking about Aegon's invasion, Cersei's arrest, or Dany's war in Slaver's Bay?

It clearly hasn't been edited properly ^ tons of mistakes

I thought it looked like the mistakes were from the way it had been formatted. I'm pretty sure this chapter has been floating around since at least 2010, so it should have been edited properly by now.

I really enjoyed that chapter. It's nice to finally have confirmation of which tapestries Cersei sent to Littlefinger. Hopefully the "Targaryen tapestries" theory will die now. :P

I just wish there'd been some reaction to news of events outside the Vale... Is no one talking about Aegon's invasion, Cersei's arrest, or Dany's war in Slaver's Bay?

I thought it looked like the mistakes were from the way it had been formatted. I'm pretty sure this chapter has been floating around since at least 2010, so it should have been edited properly by now.

No news of outside events, but good references to the onset of winter and the fact that the Vale has loads of food. But I expect this to come crashing down on LF, just like everything else!

Not necessarily. I assume that GRRM wanted to release this before season 5 comes out. There's a photo from season 5 of Sansa and LF at some sort of tourney so I guess he just didn't want the show to spoil anything. It probably has nothing to do with how much of TWOW he's finished.

But they haven't casted Harry the Heir for the show, so this storyline is probably not going to happen.

But they haven't casted Harry the Heir for the show, so this storyline is probably not going to happen.

But they might nick parts of that chapter for the Vale scenes on the show. Didn't they nick some of the lines from Arya's sample chapter for season 4?

And Mercy came out almost exactly a year ago (just before season 4) so I assume it's the same deal now.

So now he's released 4 sample chapters on his website (Theon 1, Arianne 1, Mercy, Alayne 1) and 6 others in some format (Barristan 1 & 2, Tyrion 1 & 2, Victarion 1, Arianne 2). I really hope we don't get any more.

I think he probably released it just to show that Sansa's storyline in the show is a departure from her storyline in the books.

Chapter felt isolated, as if nothing is happening outside the Vale but I really enjoyed it. Sansa is becoming a clever little girl isn't she?

What we learned:

Ser Shadrich knows who Alayne really is, based on his comment

The Vale seems doing well with food before winter

Sansa is becoming show!Margaery 2.0

Archived