Discussing the Season 5 Trailer

Westeros

I thought everyone had seen it, there is a sneak picture taken during production at the Pit which shows Tyrion in the Pit with the Unsullied and Team Dany. The only one missing from the royal viewing stand is Hizzy.The preview video , when freeze framed, has a weird place on it where it looks as if Tyrion has been 'photo shopped' out. I guess not every one has seen sneaky peek photos?I think Hizzy bought Tyrion and has him on the stand for amusement. It's been thought Selmy is not there because he would recognize Tyrion. Jorah should to be he is busy.A good question, on the show, just were the heck does Tyrion go?

Yeah I know about the pic, that is what I was talking about. Tyrion, Hiz, Dany, Missy, and Darrio are all on the viewing dais, but when she goes into the pits it's with Missy, and Darrio, so what happened to Tyrion? And where is Varys? It all seems a little odd given the trailer. Though at least it is sort of following the general idea of her story.

I also have some major concerns about Hardhome, because that is a rather large departure. Not that I mind the action that seems to be going on, but, Jon' story has more depth than just a guy with a sword. Though I am also looking forward to Hardhome a lot as well, hoping to see something cool. Really cool. But it seems like someting rather important is being cut out of the story or changed.

I agree with the trystane predictions he cannot just be a myrcella love interest but the fact they cut arianne means he is young griff. I was thinking of another option for sansa could be her going south to highgarden. It would explain why olenna is saying her line to littlefinger most likely and it makes a lot of sense in terms of her narrative. I think sansa will lose a lot of her stark identity which is why her direwolf is dead and i believe going to winterfell now is much too soon for her arc.

Why would Sansa go to Highgarden?

I agree with the trystane predictions he cannot just be a myrcella love interest but the fact they cut arianne means he is young griff. I was thinking of another option for sansa could be her going south to highgarden. It would explain why olenna is saying her line to littlefinger most likely and it makes a lot of sense in terms of her narrative. I think sansa will lose a lot of her stark identity which is why her direwolf is dead and i believe going to winterfell now is much too soon for her arc.

I'm not sure what this would accomplish. Would you care to explain further?

Ser Creighton

Yeah I know about the pic, that is what I was talking about. Tyrion, Hiz, Dany, Missy, and Darrio are all on the viewing dais, but when she goes into the pits it's with Missy, and Darrio, so what happened to Tyrion? And where is Varys? It all seems a little odd given the trailer. Though at least it is sort of following the general idea of her story.

You must have missed this one.

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Daz.jpg

As has been noted the full pic in the preview looks doctored. Since this pic has to be from production and the time must be after something has happened that distracts the Sons of the Harpy.

Ser Creighton

You must have missed this one.

http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Daz.jpg

As has been noted the full pic in the preview looks doctored. Since this pic has to be from production and the time must be after something has happened that distracts the Sons of the Harpy.

Seems it''s the Gold masks attacking going by day in the life trailer

So the Brazen Beasts and Sons of the Harpy have been merged it seems into the Brazen Harpy's or whatever

I guess it makes sense to simplify it as a straight Unsullied versus harpy's sons so audiences aren't confused

Seems it''s the Gold masks attacking going by day in the life trailer

So the Brazen Beasts and Sons of the Harpy have been merged it seems into the Brazen Harpy's or whatever

I guess it makes sense to simplify it as a straight Unsullied versus harpy's sons so audiences aren't confused

I think D&D liked the mask idea , so put them on the Sons of the Harpy.

Interesting food for thought, at 24:24 of a day in the life on Youtube, it actually looks like the Gold Masks (in good quality attire) are attacking what looks like Unsullied

Kinda makes sense show wise, having all 3 of Unsullied, Brazen Beasts and Sons of the harpy may be confusing, so easier to have it simply as Sons of the Harpy versus the Unsullied, and Sons of Harpy are easily identified on a visual medium with Gold Masks that contrasts strongly with Brown armoured Unsullied. It actually seems like a good idea to blend Sons and BB as the Gold Masks look quite good IMO

What I don't quite understand is that before the Sons of the Harpy have team Dany surrounded they seem to have bumped off Meereen upper class in the stands, or at least spectators who one would presume to be on their side but not in their ranks.

Seem after the Big D arrives there may be more audience collateral damage.

Ser CreightonYou must have missed this one.http://winteriscoming.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Daz.jpgAs has been noted the full pic in the preview looks doctored. Since this pic has to be from production and the time must be after something has happened that distracts the Sons of the Harpy.

No I had seen that pic, but not Tyrion, wow that's intresting, and he has knife. Also wtf happened to the crowd, a lot of them are dead and some of them look to be facing off, at least the one that look like slaves. Though the unsullied are still around her and I see gold masks as well, so not sure they are distracted. Though they all seem to be looking at something, the Harpy appears to be turning his head. Gosh I wonder what that could be, even though I already know, and have seen those pics as well.

I am wondering why Tyrion is sitting next to Hiz though. I wonder if Hiz and Dany know who he is? I don't think she does, which would help explain the missing Selmy, the show moves him to make Tyrion available. Perhaps Hiz purchases him and Jorah as slaves. Tyrion worms his way in and becomes a sort of advisor. Or maybe they know and he is a guest of Hiz, it's just odd that he is sitting with Hiz. Just guess though but Tyrion probably has outsmarted him in some way, not really a stretch there. At least Tyrion got a new outfit, now if someone could perhaps buy Selmy some new clothes he looks a bit of the begger knight. Though he also looks about 30 pounds heavier that he was back in Thrones, though maybe he is wearing a lot of layers, though I don't think so.

No I had seen that pic, but not Tyrion, wow that's intresting, and he has knife. Also wtf happened to the crowd, a lot of them are dead and some of them look to be facing off, at least the one that look like slaves. Though the unsullied are still around her and I see gold masks as well, so not sure they are distracted. Though they all seem to be looking at something, the Harpy appears to be turning his head. Gosh I wonder what that could be, even though I already know, and have seen those pics as well.

I am wondering why Tyrion is sitting next to Hiz though. I wonder if Hiz and Dany know who he is? I don't think she does, which would help explain the missing Selmy, the show moves him to make Tyrion available. Perhaps Hiz purchases him and Jorah as slaves. Tyrion worms his way in and becomes a sort of advisor. Or maybe they know and he is a guest of Hiz, it's just odd that he is sitting with Hiz. Just guess though but Tyrion probably has outsmarted him in some way, not really a stretch there. At least Tyrion got a new outfit, now if someone could perhaps buy Selmy some new clothes he looks a bit of the begger knight. Though he also looks about 30 pounds heavier that he was back in Thrones, though maybe he is wearing a lot of layers, though I don't think so.

I think Hizzy does buy Tyrion and maybe Jorah , but sends Jorah off to be a gladiator. Yeah I think that why Selmy is not there he knows who Tyrion is. Jorah would not have time to tell Dany who Tyrion is.Tho I see no reason Tyrion should tell her who he is.

Seems that the games start, go on for some while, Sons of the Harpy attack, at Hizzy's command?, somehow team Dany make it to the arena. Tyrion breaks away for Hizzy, maybe even stabbing him? Tyrion winds up in the Arena in that standoff. Like I said he seems photo shopped out of the preview sequence, notice the unsullied in front of Jorah is the only figure not casting a shadow!

Drogon shows up, like in the book, in this case to flambé Sons of the Harpy. Dany distracts Drogon and flys away, pretty much as in the book. Tho I think she will give Drogon commands in Valyrian.

What the hell everybody does then is beyond me, maybe Selmy is holding down things at the pyramid and they all retreat there? I am thinking Hizzy is gonna get killed, some way.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't buy it. Trystane just becomes Jon Snow version 2. Hidden by his mother's family under an assumed identity.

I don't buy it. Trystane just becomes Jon Snow version 2. Hidden by his mother's family under an assumed identity.

Isn't that pretty much the story of Griff. Doran becoms JonCon, amalgamation is big with the show though I suspect if done it won't be that cut and dry. You know rather than eliminate stories they combine ones that have a connection. Though he does not have to take up that role, but the could mirror the story in some way. They could be trying to put Trystane on throne via deception, Myrcella becomes Arianne and herself.

It would be dumb and turn this story into fanfic. Jaime in Dorne isn't that bad, but Sansa couldn't have her own storyline in Winterfell this season. She would be just side character in Theon's story, no matter is she fArya or just visiting.

I don't know between Rans insight on the subject Sansa saying she will be reunited with a person from her past and now Allen saying the same thing, it would seem she may very well end up at Winterfell. It may happen it may not but I would not eliminate it so easily. As I said above the show like to combine characters and story lines.

Isn't that pretty much the story of Griff. Doran becoms JonCon, amalgamation is big with the show though I suspect if done it won't be that cut and dry. You know rather than eliminate stories they combine ones that have a connection. Though he does not have to take up that role, but the could mirror the story in some way. They could be trying to put Trystane on throne via deception, Myrcella becomes Arianne and herself.

I don't know between Rans insight on the subject Sansa saying she will be reunited with a person from her past and now Allen saying the same thing, it would seem she may very well end up at Winterfell. It may happen it may not but I would not eliminate it so easily. As I said above the show like to combine characters and story lines.

Elio & Linda don't have anything to do with the show. They sometimes get to see episodes before the show starts (in March), but at the moment, they have no insight to D&D's plans.

Not really. Aegon knows he is Aegon and he knows he's lying low. But we suspect he is not Aegon and is actually a Blackfyre because of the house of the undying prophecy. Aegon is 'hidden' by Varys and Jon Con and not Elia's family. Hiding him with Elia's brother who passes him off as his own son is a bit too close and besides, if Aegon is fake is Doran duped?

• 2 weeks later...

Or perhaps based on the other theories they aren't doing the Young Griff and Aegon storyline... perhaps Tyrion is the third head of the dragon afterall. But then why is Meera Reed still alive at the end of last season? She must be important to a development.

Elio & Linda don't have anything to do with the show. They sometimes get to see episodes before the show starts (in March), but at the moment, they have no insight to D&D's plans.

I know reading is a skill, but where did I say they had insight into D&D's plans? I said Ran's Insight, if you had watched the video then you know what I am talking about. I suppose Turner and Allen also don't have there own insight into the show they are on.

You know a person can have insight into something right? Ran does not have to be on the show to give his own insight or ideas. Again please show me where I even Mentioned D&D in my post, I didn't even say Linda, I said Ran, Turner and Allen. Though you did choose to ignore the later.

Not really. Aegon knows he is Aegon and he knows he's lying low. But we suspect he is not Aegon and is actually a Blackfyre because of the house of the undying prophecy. Aegon is 'hidden' by Varys and Jon Con and not Elia's family. Hiding him with Elia's brother who passes him off as his own son is a bit too close and besides, if Aegon is fake is Doran duped?

So you are saying it is not possible to in some vague way mirror an amalgimation of Arianna and Aegon with Trys. Does not have to be Aegon, again I notice it's common practice to add things to my post that do not exist. "Does not have to take up that role" somehow means I am saying he is Aegon and it's what a direct parallel? "But they could mirror the story in some way"? This equals a direct parallel and is impossible to you?

I agree with the idea that they will probably merge Aegon and Aryanne into Trystane.

This DOES NOT MEAN that Trystane is a secred Targ, baby aegon or something..

story of survival or aegon or his replacement with the fake one will not be part of the show..

No, this just means that Trystan will take up the role of a good-looking, somehow popular male antagonist to Danny.

What are popular predictions about future of Aegon and Aryanne in TWOW? :

Aegon and Aryanne (and the rest of the Dornish) team up and conquer kingslanding, Aegon is crowned, Dornish control KL... but then Danny arrives and Aegon ends up as Drogons snack....

on TV:

Trystan (backed by Dorne) conquers KL as King-consort of Myrcella (who is older on the show and can also partly take certain Aryanne functions), Trystane is crowned, Dornish control KL... but then Danny arrives and Trystane (and possibly Myrcella) end up as Drogons snack....

I agree with the idea that they will probably merge Aegon and Aryanne into Trystane.

This DOES NOT MEAN that Trystane is a secred Targ, baby aegon or something..

story of survival or aegon or his replacement with the fake one will not be part of the show..

No, this just means that Trystan will take up the role of a good-looking, somehow popular male antagonist to Danny.

What are popular predictions about future of Aegon and Aryanne in TWOW? :

Aegon and Aryanne (and the rest of the Dornish) team up and conquer kingslanding, Aegon is crowned, Dornish control KL... but then Danny arrives and Aegon ends up as Drogons snack....

on TV:

Trystan (backed by Dorne) conquers KL as King-consort of Myrcella (who is older on the show and can also partly take certain Aryanne functions), Trystane is crowned, Dornish control KL... but then Danny arrives and Trystane (and possibly Myrcella) end up as Drogons snack....

Aye, this is most likely. It's the easiest way to merge them without straining credulity with an even more complex baby switcheroo than GrrM`s.

Archived