Is the Rohanne Webber in the Lannister family tree the same one from D&E?

Pod The Rod

Pretty much the above. In the Lannister family tree, the 2nd wife of Gerold Lannister, mother of Tytos and grandmother of Tywin, is shown as being a Rohanne Webber? Is this the same one that shows up in D&E, and that Dunk appears to have a major crush on?

Yes, the one who would have married Dunk if he had been of higher birth but instead was hoping he'd bend her over in the barn before leaving.

That's the one.

Crazy that she'd end up marrying the lord of CR and becoming the grandma of one of Westeros's greatest douchebags, if that's really her.

She went extra-judicial and fired Eustace's lands. Was perfectly prepared to put Eustace's peasants to slaughter. Wouldn't consider a match below her status. Sung a different tune when the penny dropped and looked to ingratiate herself with the dragon. Made a marriage that would grant her more lands and free her to marry again when her elderly husband died. Went on in life to play herself all the way up to Lady Lannister.

Avarice, ambition, a pre-occupation with projecting strength, elitism, opportunism.

Pretty much the above. In the Lannister family tree, the 2nd wife of Gerold Lannister, mother of Tytos and grandmother of Tywin, is shown as being a Rohanne Webber? Is this the same one that shows up in D&E, and that Dunk appears to have a major crush on?

It's definitely her. Also hoping that her mysterious disappearance, as mentioned in the Lannister section of the World Book, will be accounted for in a future D&E story.

Ehh, no. Still don't see it.

The whole reason I started this thread was because I was unsure if that was even the same person in the Lannister family tree. We have no idea how that match came about.

And again, I cannot see her committing any of Tywin's great atrocities. She's not like him.

Ehh, no. Still don't see it.

The whole reason I started this thread was because I was unsure if that was even the same person in the Lannister family tree. We have no idea how that match came about.

And again, I cannot see her committing any of Tywin's great atrocities. She's not like him.

Gerold Lannister is mentioned as one of her suitors in The Sworn Sword. And Eustace Osgrey was pretty old when they get married at the end of that story. Not tough to imagine him dying after a few years and Rohanne marrying Gerold.

Also it's fun to imagine that Jamie and Brienne's ancestors shared a similar love/hate relationship.

She went extra-judicial and fired Eustace's lands. Was perfectly prepared to put Eustace's peasants to slaughter. Wouldn't consider a match below her status. Sung a different tune when the penny dropped and looked to ingratiate herself with the dragon. Made a marriage that would grant her more lands and free her to marry again when her elderly husband died. Went on in life to play herself all the way up to Lady Lannister.

Avarice, ambition, a pre-occupation with projecting strength, elitism, opportunism.

IIRC, she only killed one of Eustace's peasants, who'd been given repeated warnings not to steal sheep.

OTOH, she was a reputed witch and poisoner. I wonder if she played any part in the death of Gerold's brother and niece.

OTOH, she was a reputed witch and poisoner. I wonder if she played any part in the death of Gerold's brother and niece.

She was none. She had red hair. People with red hair is thought to be evil and witches :( Also, vaginas. They're evil.

But seriously, she definitely has an attitude (which is fine). Women with attitude aren't well received in certain courts. If Gerold actually liked her for what she was, it's not surprised some would call her a witch and believed her to be bewitching her husband or something.

She was none. She had red hair. People with red hair is thought to be evil and witches :( Also, vaginas. They're evil.But seriously, she definitely has an attitude (which is fine). Women with attitude aren't well received in certain courts. If Gerold actually liked her for what she was, it's not surprised some would call her a witch and believed her to be bewitching her husband or something.

Maybe. There is a mystery still to be solved, in her sudden disappearance.

IIRC, she only killed one of Eustace's peasants, who'd been given repeated warnings not to steal sheep.

Agreed. I think she also had a hand in the deaths of some of her husbands. I think the kinslaying gene in the current Lannisters come from her.

Agreed. I think she also had a hand in the deaths of some of her husbands. I think the kinslaying gene in the current Lannisters come from her.

In The Sworn Sword, she comes over as quite a pleasant and friendly person. But then, so do a number of villains. I think Martin could take her story in either direction. Either make her unfairly maligned, or every bit as bad as the rumours say. Even if she was a witch, that wouldn't necessarily make her a murderer.

I think Tywin had his father poisoned and later commanded the crew of Gerion to dump him into the sea. Tyrion obviously did his part of kinslaying in the privy. Jaime and Cersei will kill each other. I have even wilder speculations that Cersei might have poisoned Joffrey unintentionally and will poison Tommen intentionally.

Archived