Preston Jacobs youtube channel just got cancelled

bluebrannan@yahoo.com

Gotta love the hypocrisy of his ''haters'' that he makes money off of his videos by using fan-arts, yet plenty of other big asoiaf youtubers do the same thing and no one cares.

Isn't that hypocrisy on the part of the YT admins rather than his "haters"? These so called "haters" did not cancel/ban his account afterall.

I think this is unfair, basically because I'm certain many other youtubers with a way bigger repercussion commit the same kind of infractions Preston Jacobs has done, and also, because the real reason behind this is the fact that forum dwellers dislike his theories, too wacky for some, too uninformed for others, but in the end, it's plain jealousy for all the repercussion his videos get as compared to the theories people post here on or reddit or whatever.

I think that if you don't like it, you can argue against it or complain about it, but not try to destroy it, he hasn't hurt anyone through his videos, save for the pride of certain theory writers.

Just sayin', cos I'm positive that this hasn't been triggered by the complaints of the artists, but by the jealousy and anger of other theory posters

I love this, especially the bolded. It must be forum readers here at westeros.org who got these videos banned, because here and reddit are the whole entire internet as far as ASoIaF is concerned, so it has to be disgruntled readers at westeros.org! It couldn't possibly be for hundreds of other reasons that have nothing to do with this forum or with reddit!

Isn't that hypocrisy on the part of the YT admins rather than his "haters"? These so called "haters" did not cancel/ban his account afterall.

But they may have reported him.

@OP

His only theory that I agree with is 'The Dornish Master Plan', but just because his other theories are crackpot does not make me go raging about him on the internet.

I love this, especially the bolded. It must be forum readers here at westeros.org who got these videos banned, because here and reddit are the whole entire internet as far as ASoIaF is concerned, so it has to be disgruntled readers at westeros.org! It couldn't possibly be for hundreds of other reasons that have nothing to do with this forum or with reddit!

I agree with you, he said himself that whoever reported him was not from westeros.org

Youtube's system of copyright is broken beyond belief, as anyone can report copyright infringement no matter who they are.

:agree:

crazy how people just want to bring him down cuz their jealous. its not like more people are going to watch these haters videos now anyway.

Ok. First of all, the "jealousy" argument is as weak as his theories. And, amazingly, it's always used by charlatans. I know this because I work and know a lot of charlatans in my work.

This journalist presents himself as an internet saviour but it's unable to understand and explains basic definitions (I've confronted myself and I realised this at first chance), while also, inflating everything to make it look AWESOME and GROUNDBREAKING and how he's able to see things no one else.

Another blogger put together a "fail" site in which he makes fun of people who has limited access to education and many other stuff.

And finally, a vlogger who interviews famous people making the most stupid questions ever.

The three of them make money from their "art", and a lot of people watch them and follow them because "they're funny!". And guess what? Whenever people criticises them, they say "haters are jealous". Pulling out the jealousy card when criticism is on the table is the road to mediocrity. Because criticism make you better and aware that you're work is either terrible or there is room to improvement. Mosttl people who use that one card does it because they are aware of what they do is not good, but it's better to blame it on other people's "bad will" than accept that themselves are worthless.

PJ's work is neither good or bad. It lacks arguments. It makes the false pretence of books being puzzles that needs to be analysed just for the sake of it without actually considering the resources the author uses. That helps no one. That's why people nowadays fails at basic reading comprehension. It makes more damage than it does good, and the excuse of "hey! it's for fun!" it's not valid.

Gotta love the hypocrisy of his ''haters'' that he makes money off of his videos by using fan-arts, yet plenty of other big asoiaf youtubers do the same thing and no one cares.

I've never seen anyone here criticising him for his use of fan-art, the only criticisms I've seen of him on this forum are regarding the quality of the ideas he puts forward.

I don't personally agree with him getting his account suspended, nor do I think that he has done anything wrong, however Youtube policy and the law are clear on the mater; he shouldn't have been using those images.

Youtube's system of copyright is broken beyond belief, as anyone can report copyright infringement no matter who they are.

This

PJ should keep on doing his videos on another channel, only this time using his own drawings of the characters and stuff (that's what I would do, anyway *shrugs*)

Maybe cause Preston saf himself he wa making 100 dollars a video.

He didn't give anything to the art creators, when without their art it's arguable that he wouldn't get nearly as many views as he did if he was just some guy in front of a camera.

He made money off their art, and people are right pissed. He made a name for himself already, he should continue on without the artwork, but we'll see what he does.

And it's completely understandable that other channels like history of westeros don't like him, he used artwork to get more views, they are jus sitting in front of a camera.

Ok. First of all, the "jealousy" argument is as weak as his theories. And, amazingly, it's always used by charlatans. I know this because I work and know a lot of charlatans in my work.

This journalist presents himself as an internet saviour but it's unable to understand and explains basic definitions (I've confronted myself and I realised this at first chance), while also, inflating everything to make it look AWESOME and GROUNDBREAKING and how he's able to see things no one else.

Another blogger put together a "fail" site in which he makes fun of people who has limited access to education and many other stuff.

And finally, a vlogger who interviews famous people making the most stupid questions ever.

The three of them make money from their "art", and a lot of people watch them and follow them because "they're funny!". And guess what? Whenever people criticises them, they say "haters are jealous". Pulling out the jealousy card when criticism is on the table is the road to mediocrity. Because criticism make you better and aware that you're work is either terrible or there is room to improvement. Mosttl people who use that one card does it because they are aware of what they do is not good, but it's better to blame it on other people's "bad will" than accept that themselves are worthless.

PJ's work is neither good or bad. It lacks arguments. It makes the false pretence of books being puzzles that needs to be analysed just for the sake of it without actually considering the resources the author uses. That helps no one. That's why people nowadays fails at basic reading comprehension. It makes more damage than it does good, and the excuse of "hey! it's for fun!" it's not valid.

:agree: (mostly)

Yeah, this is what I'm getting at. The hypocrisy is on the part of YT admins who banned his account - despite others using copyrighted material in their videos - and not on the so called "haters".

This

PJ should keep on doing his videos on another channel, only this time using his own drawings of the characters and stuff (that's what I would do, anyway *shrugs*)

His videos would be much more enjoyable than they are (were) if they were filled with drawings like the profile pic of JonCon' Red Beard XD .

His videos would be much more enjoyable than they are (were) if they were filled with drawings like the profile pic of JonCon' Red Beard XD .

Exactly! That's what I was thinking. Maybe they should start a partnership...talk about uneasy alliances :p

Archived