A New Look at Guessing Games-#9 - Favorite Ladies

lil' ghost

Round 3 points:

15 for correct guess

9 for 1 off

3 for 2 off.

10. Shireen Baratheon - 70 (5)

Poor child, who has been shunned her whole life due to greyscale. She’s always with Patchface, who’s a bit odd, but this smart child teaches Davos to read.

9. Meera Reed - 73 (7)

The daughter of the mysterious Howland Reed. Travels to Winterfell with her brother to help the Stark kids. Known for her fishing net and frog spear, she helps bring Bran to the Three-Eyed Crow, helps her brother when he has his episodes. She’s one badass teenager.

8. Ellaria Sand - 75 (6)

Oberyn’s paramour, mother to four Sand Snakes. She’s strong, brave and has a gentle heart. Areo Hotah - “Even weeping, she has strength in her.”

7. Ygritte - 92 (6)

Fiery redhead, lover to Jon Snow, can fight with the best men and hold her own. “You know nothing, Jon Snow.”

6. Brienne of Tarth - 120 (9)

This strong woman is one of the best with a sword. She has fought for her life many times and continues to live and try her best to keep her promises. Trying to find the Stark daughters, but currently at the will of Lady Stoneheart.

5. Daenerys Targaryen - 124 (8)

This teen has been through so much already in her life. Many don’t like her, but they can’t deny how much she has overcome in the series. The true heir to Westeros, Mother of Dragons, etc, etc.

4. Catelyn Stark - 132 (10)

All she cares about are her children, trying to keep them all safe. The Red Wedding saw her demise, but R’hllor seems to have more in store her, her vengeance does not go unnoticed, even after her death and resurrection.

3. Arya Stark - 148 (9)

She’s always been a rebel, but after seeing her father killed at the Sept of Baelor, she keeps a list of names of the people she’s going to kill. The list keeps growing, even though many names have been crossed off, as she tries to hide her true identity from the people of Westeros. Eventually making her way to Braavos to become a Faceless Man and get revenge on all those that have made her list.

2. Sansa Stark - 153 (9)

Oh, Sansa, you started as someone trying to be the perfect Lady. Falling in love with Joffrey and excited about becoming Queen, afraid to speak your true feelings, you finally came around to be strong and sneaky, and also realize the world isn’t what you wanted it to be. You are always underestimated, but I think GRRM has much more in store for you.

1. Asha Greyjoy - 161 (10)

Ironborn, strong willed, gives zero fucks. Captain of her own ship, men are always underestimating her strength, but she will put them in their place. I never would have expected her to be in the #1 spot, but I think it is well deserved.

:shocked: Holy hell, Ser Blackfyre! you got points for every single character. You didn’t underestimate Asha like the rest and blew everyone out of the water! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Great game everyone! :cheers:

Ser Blackfyre: 64 + 114 = 178

Shireen: 15

Ellaria: 9

Meera: 9

Ygritte: 15

Brienne: 15

Dany: 15

Cat: 15

Sansa: 9

Asha: 9

Arya: 3

The Wolf Lord’s Daughter: 63+72 =135

Shireen: 9

Cat: 9

Dany: 3

Sansa: 15

Arya:3

yomi: 76+51 =127

Meera: 15

Ellaria: 3

Brienne: 9

Arya: 15

Sansa:9

Lord Sapna: 60 + 66 = 126

Ellaria: 15

Dany: 9

Steelborn: 51+72 = 123

Shireen: 15

Ellaira: 9

Ygritte: 9

Bustard: 51+63 = 114

your changes lost you 3 points :(

Cat: 3

a shadow: 47 + 63 = 110

Ygritte: 3

Annara Snow: 50+60 = 110

Shireen: 3

Ellaira: 9

Brienne: 3

Honeyed Chicken: 36+69 = 105

Shireen:15

Cat:9

Mathis of Rowan: 44+57 =101

Dany Lannister: 48+51 = 99

Cat: 3

Pancake Mountain that Rides: 53

The Once and Future King: 41+3 = 44

The King in the South: 18

1. Asha Greyjoy - 161 (10)

Ironborn, strong willed, gives zero fucks. Captain of her own ship, men are always underestimating her strength, but she will put them in their place. I never would have expected her to be in the #1 spot, but I think it is well deserved.

Great game everyone! :cheers:

She was #1 on my list, but I never thought she would be #1 overall based on other people's tastes. Well deserved indeed! This was my favourite GG so far, I think.

Thanks for hosting lil' ghost. :cheers:

Wow! I'll tell you why Asha threw me. When I did the alphabetical guessing game (not even two months ago) she only just made it into the top 30. As people could only use A once and almost everyone voted for arya stark. Hell Sansa was 14th in my game! Arya on the other hand was 1st on my game and had about 80 points more then Jaime in second place!

Still that just shows how a few people can make a difference. I knew asha would be top 5, but I thought you meant Meera Reed, as I didn't have ellaria, shireen, brienne or Ygritte in my top 20.

Thanks for hosting ghost, good summary's

This was my list:

1. Daenerys Targaryen

2. Ellaria Sand

3. Asha Greyjoy

4. Dalla

5. Sansa Stark

6. Meera Reed

7. Sarella Sand

8. Shireen Baratheon

9. Missandei

10. Brienne of Tarth

11. Alysanne Targaryen

12. Catelyn Tully

13. Myrcella Baratheon

14. Gilly

15. Jeyne Westerling

16. Roslin Frey

17. Rhaenys Taragaryen (Rhaegar's daughter)

18. Elia Martell

19. Genna Lannister

20. Old Nan

Wow! Was not expecting that at all. Great game. Congrats Ser Blackfyre and well done hosting lil ghost :)

1. Arya Stark
2. Val
3. Brienne of Tarth
4. Olenna Tyrell
5. Arianne Martell
6. Old Nan
7. Shireen Baratheon
8. Ygritte
9. Asha Greyjoy
10. Sarella Sand
11. Ellaria Sand
12. Meera Reed
13. Genna Lannister
14. Missandei
15. Catelyn Stark
16. Daenerys Targaryen
17. Barbrey Dustin
18. Myrcella Baratheon
19. Margaery Tyrell
20. Osha

For the next game, how do you guys feel about best characters to have as your college roommate? I'm happy to host if no one else is interested.

Edit) Or maybe just roommate in general? I don't know. It sounds fun but I don't want gender to dictate responses.

My list

1. Asha Greyjoy

2. Sansa Stark

3. Catelyn Stark

4. Danerys Targaryan

5. Arya Stark

6. Melisandre

7. Cersei

8. Meera

9. Taena Merryweather

10. Barbery Dustin

11. Dacey Mormont

12. Olenna Tyrell

13. Marge Tyrell

14. Irri

15. Wylla Manderly

16. Alyane Mormont

17. Arianne Martell

18. Chella of the Black ears

19. Mya Stone

20. Genna Frey

A few forgotten characters here though. Ellaria, Osha and Shireen Baratheon would have all been in my list, but somehow I forgot about them.

Good game.

Thank you for hosting Lil' ghost and congrats Ser Blackfyre! :)

Here's my list:

.Arya Stark
2. Catelyn Stark
3. Brienne of Yarth
4. Sansa Stark
5. Shireen Baratheon
6. Ellaria Sand
7.Alys Karstark
8.Sarella Sand
9. Missandei
10.Dacey Mormont
11. Elia Martell
12. Ravella Smallwood
13. Wylla Manderly
14. "Good queen" Alysanne Targaryen
15. Ollena Tyrell
16. Baela Targaryen
17. Nymeria
18. Asha Greyjoy
19. Margaery Tyrell
20. Myrcella Baratheon

Wow! I'll tell you why Asha threw me. When I did the alphabetical guessing game (not even two months ago) she only just made it into the top 30. As people could only use A once and almost everyone voted for arya stark. Hell Sansa was 14th in my game! Arya on the other hand was 1st on my game and had about 80 points more then Jaime in second place!

Still that just shows how a few people can make a difference. I knew asha would be top 5, but I thought you meant Meera Reed, as I didn't have ellaria, shireen, brienne or Ygritte in my top 20.

Thanks for hosting ghost, good summary's

I wouldn't have expected Asha to be #1, but it makes sense since she won because she was - more or less high - on many people's lists (though the fact that Catelyn was on as many lists is a surprise, since she's quite polarizing!). Asha is probably the least controversial female character, even though Arya is much more popular, as are a few others. When people just vote for their favorite character, Asha ends up behind Arya, Sansa and Dany, and maybe Cat and Brienne as well, but when people make bigger lists of favorite characters, a character who's well liked but not particularly polarizing can beat them all.

My list:

1. Sansa Stark

2. Arya Stark

3. Daenerys Targaryen

4. Brienne of Tarth

5. Mya Stone

6. Rohanne Webber

7. Asha Greyjoy

8. Lyanna Stark

9. Catelyn Tully-Stark

10. Cersei Lannister

11. Ravella Swann (Lady Smallwood)

12. Alys Karstark

13. Wylla Manderly

14. Melisandre

15. Olenna "The Queen of Thorns" Tyrell

16. Mirri Maz Dur

17. "The Good Queen" Alysanne Targaryen

18. Queen Nymeria

19. Rhaenyra Targaryen

20. Agnes Blackwood

There are several ladies that easily could have ended up on the list (some that almost did but I changed my mind at the last moment and some I forgot) - Ellaria (kind of ironic that I didn't put her on my list, and now I have a signature with her speech, which is one of my favorite speeches in the series), Elaena Targaryen, one or more Mormont lady, Sarella, Myranda Royce...

69 points! - a respectable finish, I feel better about myself. :cool4:

ghost when you said we were underestimating a lady that was on all the lists and I saw that just about everybody had Ygritte 10th, I moved her up (too far) But it was Asha?! I admit I didn't see that at all. As you'll see below, she was 10th on my list and that's close to where I put her in my guess. I had no clue she'd be #1.

1) Ashara Dayne

2) Lyanna Stark

3) Myranda Royce

4) Sansa Stark

5) Maegery Tyrell

6) Ygritte

7) Catelyn Stark

8) Daenerys Targaryen

9) Septa Lemore

10) Asha Greyjoy

11) Joanna Lannister

12) Pia