POV characters you're positive will be dead by the end

Arya (not just the foreshadowing others have mentioned, but I believe she is still driven by revenge, and we've been told that revenge does not end well)

Cersei (but only very late after witnessing the total destruction of her House)

Tyrion (nobody is as cursed as the kinslayer, unless A+J=T then he is a kinslayer, also another character driven by revenge)

Jon Connington (greyscale will kill him if nothing else does)

Victarion (if he doesn't die trying to capture a dragon he will be killed by Euron for failing)

Theon (perhaps a heroic act to save someone's life, just as a small redemption)

Stop saying JonCon or I'll hunt you down and tell death to spare him for exchange of your lives.

I don't have anything against him. He has a fatal disease, he's fighting a war, and the Others are coming. It really doesn't look good for him. But I'll probably cry when he goes.

Simple question really, it's all in the title. POVs you're sure are going to be dead, I know it will be a very expansive list. i'd love to hear some reasoning behind why you think a certain character is going to die.

I'll start us off with an easy one. Jaime Lannister, as much as I love his chapters and the depth of the character in general he is not longed for the world of ice and fire. I feel like he will die before his redemption arc is completed or just as it completes.

I first posted my words below as a bit of a troll/joke, but now they actually are starting to make sense.

1. Dragons have scales.

Jon Connington will infect King's Landing with greyscale.

Dany and her dragons will turn to stone.

I first posted my words below as a bit of a troll/joke, but now they actually are starting to make sense.

1. Dragons have scales.

Jon Connington will infect King's Landing with greyscale.

Dany and her dragons will turn to stone.

i don't think we've as of yet seen that animals can contract greyscale, unless i'm mistaken

i don't think we've as of yet seen that animals can contract greyscale, unless i'm mistaken

No, you're not mistaken at all :)

But if I had scales, I'd want to avoid a disease called greyscale. It's proximity to Doomed Valyria does not bode well for them.

Edit: there is also Mel's desire to use king's blood to wake a dragon from stone. How does one become a stone dragon, if not from greyscale?

No, you're not mistaken at all :)

But if I had scales, I'd want to avoid a disease called greyscale. It's proximity to Doomed Valyria does not bode well for them.

Edit: there is also Mel's desire to use king's blood to wake a dragon from stone. How does one become a stone dragon, if not from greyscale?

Interesting thought. i don't recall, but is it called greyscale because the affliction looks like scales on the skin? if not that could be significant, often times names have a route in history/origin. why call it greyscale if it doesnt look like actual scales? why not just "the grey", like the bubonic plague was the black plague

Cersei

Jamie

Theon

Asha

Tyrion

Arya - I never thought I would say so, but I agree that it seems like she has no "out" from her revenge storyline. Either she gives up on vengeance and starts fresh (which is possible, but hard to imagine now) or she keeps on the path of revenge and dies.

Posted Yesterday, 03:01 AM

ambi76, on 06 Mar 2015 - 02:55 AM, said:snapback.png

Yeah, my "likely" and "possible" categories are probably the other way round but I'm biased. ;)

Jaime in the Night's Watch in the end is a possibility. Jaime as Jon's Hand would be awesome. Jaime as King would be some hillarious crack.

Have you heard about the leaked notes about the original story for asoiaf? Jaime reigned as king for a while according to the original trilogy. Honestly though, the original story outline and what's actually been written are sooooo completely different it doesn't even matter, just thought it funny reading that

Jaime as king is coming, I can assure you. :D When I read that Jaime was king in the original draft it just reaffirmed all of my suspicions. I don't think GRRM got rid of the idea of Jaime as king, he just changed how he get's there. There's a lot of subtle and obscure clues if you know what your looking for, and he's somebody that you would originally suspect would be the least likely.

Anyway, the two characters I'm absolutely positive won't die are Jaime and Sansa.

Definitely Dead

Cersei

Myrcella

Tommen

Brienne

Jon (He'll be resurrected but die again, you can't have an undead dude walking around after fighting a once every 10,000 year battle against the undead, plot wise that just doesn't fly.)

Lady Stone Heart

Theon

Daenerys

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting...

Unsure

Rickon

Bran

Ser Barristan

Arya

Unlikely

Tyrion

Margaery

Even with the valonqar prophecy ? I believe he will be Jaime, and that he will follow her in death. Sadly, I also see JonCon and Arya, for Jon's foreshadowing so early in AGOT.

OK, I forgot a bit about the prophecy. Still, I am positive she will survive. I agree that the valonqar is Jaime and maybe he already "choked the life from her" by not coming to KL for her trial. Maybe the prophecy isn't really about her dead but rather like losing the joy of life, losing everything she loved.

Jaime as king is coming, I can assure you. :D When I read that Jaime was king in the original draft it just reaffirmed all of my suspicions. I don't think GRRM got rid of the idea of Jaime as king, he just changed how he get's there. There's a lot of subtle and obscure clues if you know what your looking for, and he's somebody that you would originally suspect would be the least likely.

You mean like "That's what a king should look like." subtle? Seven gods, if GRRM has the balls to pull that off, half of the fandom will want to kill him. You think Margaery is unlikely because she'll be his queen? ("And if you think for one misbegotten moment that I would wed Joffrey's widow ...") :lmao:

You mean like "That's what a king should look like." subtle? Seven gods, if GRRM has the balls to pull that off, half of the fandom will want to kill him. You think Margaery is unlikely because she'll be his queen? ("And if you think for one misbegotten moment that I would wed Joffrey's widow ...") :lmao:

I want to see Jaime as king just to see people freak out now. A happyish ending for Jaime would piss people off. Can't imagine if he were king lol

Actually if you read my siggy I think Sansa will be Jaime's queen. I just don't see a reason for Margaery to die, doesn't mean she won't though. To be honest if both Margaery and Tyrion live I could see them together. Margaery would be denied being queen in the end, and be married to the king's brother.

As for subtle hints, the one you mentioned is about the most obvious hint in existence. It's get waaay more subtle than that!

Archived