Bored by fantasy recommendations threads

Serious Callers Only

Dear board, in every recommendation thread you mention the same 20 books, from 20 to 5 years ago

when you don't, it's because the book was recently hyped

or

you're a asshat trying to make someone read goodkind and think that is 'funny' (does that count as 'the same 20 books'?)

Plz do better, i expect works of genius i never heard of, preferably from a alternate dimension, or at least from a foreign language and or self-published/fanfic that you actually read.

Seriously though.

Why the fuck do you think we try to (and it's in the 'before you post thread') push people to the stickies? We like the books we like, and are pretty good about keeping that up to date. You want something else? Find another community.

Personally i think this place is miles ahead of anywhere else on the old interwebs with regards to its likes/dislikes.

I am not sure the point of this?

I try to give good recs. The reason my recs don't change are that my tastes are often similar to the last time I made a rec.

My recs are changing slowly (on a yearly basis) but the main reason they don't change that often is people have to read more for their recs to change! So generally peoples recs hold a core of authors/works that are not likely to change.

Readers want their favourite authors read and be damned for the rest!

Archived