NFL 2015 Pre Draft: Down a Lazy Rivers

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Another excellent Chris Brown article, this time comparing the 2015 QB class. Interestingly, he says he'd take Mariota. Compares him to a young Aaron Rodgers and says he has grit, in that he's the kind of guy who you can guarantee will work on his craft and fight through adversity. But cautions that he needs to sit for a long while like Rodgers did and that he's not ready to go day one.

The winning moment though is finding out that Winston's comparables, simply looking at his combine results, were a bunch of crappy oafy QBs (like Curtis Painter, Tom Savage and Dan Orlovosky) and Levi Brown. LEVI BROWN. You know the crappy O-lineman who looks like this. That's Winston in 5 years, once he goes back for those crab legs.

The winning moment though is finding out that Winston's comparables, simply looking at his combine results, were a bunch of crappy oafy QBs (like Curtis Painter, Tom Savage and Dan Orlovosky) and Levi Brown. LEVI BROWN. You know the crappy O-lineman who looks like this. That's Winston in 5 years, once he goes back for those crab legs.

My dream of seeing CLARENCE BEEFTANK start an actual NFL game is one step closer to realization...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/9/5/4691010/breaking-madden-clarence-beeftank-jaguars

Massive bust.

Didn't they trade up for him too?

Another excellent Chris Brown article, this time comparing the 2015 QB class. Interestingly, he says he'd take Mariota. Compares him to a young Aaron Rodgers and says he has grit, in that he's the kind of guy who you can guarantee will work on his craft and fight through adversity. But cautions that he needs to sit for a long while like Rodgers did and that he's not ready to go day one.

Hey, two of those guys started games for the Colts! And one of them wasn't an embarrassment to Nickleback fans.

ETA: It's my personal fantasy that the Colts package their 3rd round pick to move up into the early 20's and get Tod Gurley if he's there.

ETA: It's my personal fantasy that the Colts package their 3rd round pick to move up into the early 20's and get Tod Gurley if he's there.
There's so much wrong here.

-in general, don't move up

-in general, don't draft RBs

-in general, don't draft RBs in the first round

-in general, dont' draft RBs if you're the Colts

There's so much wrong here.

-in general, don't move up

-in general, don't draft RBs

-in general, don't draft RBs in the first round

-in general, dont' draft RBs if you're the Colts

I'm not sure I follow. Why shouldn't the Colts draft a RB? The consensus on Gurley seems to be that he's a top-10 talent but will fall because of the devaluation of running backs. And the Colts missed on two RB's taken at #30 and #29, respectively. That's no reason to never approach the position again.

I'm not sure I follow. Why shouldn't the Colts draft a RB? The consensus on Gurley seems to be that he's a top-10 talent but will fall because of the devaluation of running backs. And the Colts missed on two RB's taken at #30 and #29, respectively. That's no reason to never approach the position again.

Because RBs haven't been devalued nearly enough yet. Having a running game seems like its getting more important again, because there's less superstar franchise QBs than there were 4-5 years ago, but the impact specific RBs have is damn near nothing. There's certain skills they need to have, otherwise they're Trent Richardson, but most of them do, and maybe there's one or two special guys, like AP, but for the most part its a complete waste to put any value on a specific RB. I'm going to be pissed as hell if the Jets draft Gurley for instance (unless he falls to the second round, then, maybe).

And even if RBs did have individual value, its still a bad idea to trade up to get them, just like its a bad idea to trade up to get almost any player. Multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks are much better to have than any one 1st round pick (unless you know you're getting an Andrew Luck-type QB), which is why the best GMs, like the Hoodie ( :bang: ), always trade down when they can.

I remember seeing a story last year about a small group of fans who had been to every draft since the inception and the special benefits they got. Any word on what is going on with them since the draft moved to Chicago this year?

Archived