[TWOW Spoilers] Alayne I, v. 2

We're told he does have several friends, like Grafton and Lyonel Corbray, and he's won more people over to his side.

I think you're letting your own prejudices against his sense of humour influence your judgement. ;)

I was baffled by that at first, but then I realized that her legs aren't actually supposed to be crossed. Which makes it an awkward pose, but there it is.

So the foot closest to us should be her right foot, rather than her left?

ETA: nvm, finally see it properly! :D I zoomed in and I understand now. I stand like that sometimes, on knee bent and the other straight, especially if I am leaning on a wall/table or something.

Huh, I'm so glad I've settled that in my mind now

About the picture: George does his site himself doesn't he? So he picked the picture as well. The last one with Mercy was simply Braavos, this is a person like with Arianne.

I was wondering why this one and if we might get something out of it as well: there is some symbolism. She is dressed in the grey and white off her house bit is bound around her waist with Littlefinger his mockingbird. Her legs look like an armour and the colour of her hair is not dyed.

It really pictures a Stark, bound by Littlefinger, for the moment.

Look close she is dressed as a little bird in either mockingbird color or Stark colors both gray and white, her legs are like bird legs and her posterior is the tail of a bird.

The hairnet looks like the one described with the strangler, and it looks as if the feet are on the wrong legs because of her pose though to me the feet look off not because of her pose but like an actual miscue .

ETA: did the pose and her feet are ass backwards UNLESS I look at them from a mirror we are seeing a mirror reflection of her.

I don't have as much of a problem with the feet but with her general look. She looks too thin and impoverished. Of course, she isn't supposed to look like a highborn lady, but the picture makes me pity her more than seeing her as a young beauty in the making

I think violence is entirely appropriate against someone who's trying to raise my daughter as a whore, yes.

Not only that, but the entire point of that anecdote was to show how Oberyn was giving his child agency in her future. It was her choice to leave with him, she could have stayed if she wanted (though she'd have had to be crazy to).

He have taken her away without hitting her just to make a point to his daughter.

I don't have as much of a problem with the feet but with her general look. She looks too thin and impoverished. Of course, she isn't supposed to look like a highborn lady, but the picture makes me pity her more than seeing her as a young beauty in the making

she's only 13 and tall for her age so she may look thin, but she is very sad from my view, her eyes and lips say so.

Great catch! I had forgotten that important new bit of info:!that HtH is supposed to resemble young Jon Arryn.

I also agree, along with some other posters, that LF maybe attempting to maneuver both Robin's & HtH demise in such a way that leaves him even more in control of the Vale. I don't readily see how but, if you want to off a few young men what better place to do it then a tourney.

But I'm hoping for all the young people involved--Robin, Sansa and even HtH--LF doesn't get his way.

Maybe LF is clearing the spot of Lord of the Eyrie for the Gulltown Arryns. The Gulltown Arryns, despite their surname, don't seem to be direct heirs to the seat and are looked down on amongst the Vale nobility for marrying into wealthy merchant families, a class that LF commonly allies with.

Oberyn slaps the mother of his child, takes the kid away and leaves her to drink herself to death out of grief. Great guy.

Robert sleeps with women and moves on. Monster! Harry sleep with a woman and says she's become fat (because she did). Monster!

Agreed, it's a double standard.

Also, I don't get the rage for one bastard comment. Did nobody if you swear once in your lifes? You must be angels.

Agreed, it's a double standard.

Also, I don't get the rage for one bastard comment. Did nobody if you swear once in your lifes? You must be angels.

Doing it when meeting someone you may be betrothed to, in front of a lot of people, is a douchy move.

On the matter of the artwork, maybe he should have drawn her with shoes. And I acutally do like it, because it reminds me to some degree of the drawings I've seen of Harelquins, so maybe he just has an issue with drawing feet properly.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/Cezanne_Harlequin.JPG/170px-Cezanne_Harlequin.JPG

http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/492253626

Ser Shadrich being there could be Varys' in to what is going on at the Vale. He has to know what LF is up to. He seems to be a special person who George does not fail to mention on several occasions in Sansa's plot. I was curious if he would be included in this chapter and sure enough, he was. What do you all think of Ser Shadrich's intentions and will be aprehend Sansa at some point, possibly saving her and returning her to her rightful husband, Lord Tyrion.

On the matter of the artwork, maybe he should have drawn her with shoes. And I acutally do like it, because it reminds me to some degree of the drawings I've seen of Harelquins, so maybe he just has an issue with drawing feet properly.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/93/Cezanne_Harlequin.JPG/170px-Cezanne_Harlequin.JPG

http://www.deviantart.com/morelikethis/492253626

I think we are seeing Sansa from a mirror reflection.

I think people seriously overstate the challenges the manipulating Harry presents to Littlefinger.

You know, I've been thinking about this since we debated this a couple of days ago, and I think I agree with you on this now. If Harry was so hard to manipulate, then Harry would be the main character in the Vale storyline, not Sansa.

Archived