Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

Don't worry, we'll have plenty of that with the several Sansa discussion threads that are going to pop up throughout the season.

For some reason I have a feeling our "Discussing Sansa" threads may look very similar to the "Nitpick with Impunity" ones. Maybe we should start a new "List your Major Grievances with Impunity" thread.

Actually, I'm considering creating a poll: whose plotline do you think will be the most mishandled this season. Then after each episode we can vote and I'll make a handy little infographic at the end of the 11 weeks. Maybe we can even pick the top 3. That'll keep some sanity around here, right?

Ah I'm so happy the Stannis and Shireen scene is a-occurring. I'm not sure how much we're allowed mention of what we've read in other places but it sounds like the most perfect show only scene ever. From a Stannis fan POV obviously :wub:

Sounds like your cup of tea for sure.

Good to have that particular bit of info that shan't be mentioned round here substantiated by Sue and Mashable's reviews...

For some reason I have a feeling our "Discussing Sansa" threads may look very similar to the "Nitpick with Impunity" ones. Maybe we should start a new "List your Major Grievances with Impunity" thread.

Aren't they always? Sansa's fans are the most vocal fanbase on this board and the most book purist one concerning character integrity.

Actually, I'm considering creating a poll: whose plotline do you think will be the most mishandled this season. Then after each episode we can vote and I'll make a handy little infographic at the end of the 11 weeks. Maybe we can even pick the top 3. That'll keep some sanity around here, right?

I support the notion that with Season 5, Sansa Goes To Winterfell, we have reached a point for Major Grievances with Impunity, we're beyond nitpicking now.

I stuck it through Bing which might work a bit better for you.

Straight into the talk of seducing Jawn (yawn) but even dodgy website translation can't go wrong with "All actions are taken by Melisandre in the name of the greater good....She really believes in it, and anything goes."

I also like this bit translated from the interviewer:

"Scenes in which you are applying together with Liam [Cunnighamem] and Stephen [Dillane] are full of detectable voltage"

Delectable voltage FTW :D

where has annara snow been tho. i need to see her opinions on this sansa winterfell arc

*cough* look for her comments under this article: http://watchersonthewall.com/iwan-rheon-on-nature-vs-nurture-and-ramsays-future-on-game-of-thrones/ *cough*

I think they probably mean the decision to reject Brienne -- granted, that's kind of the same decision.

Ah, I guess you're right.

Aren't they always? Sansa's fans are the most vocal fanbase on this board and the most book purist one concerning character integrity.

The broad brushes be sweeping. A lot of the things that are integral to Sansa's storyline are smaller things that may look like nitpicks: for instance, kneeling for Tyrion at the wedding or joking about sheep shit with him. I'd say D&D have been pretty fast and loose about carelessly ignoring the nuances of Sansa's arc and just going for the "broad strokes," which for her characterization really, really doesn't work.

So it's not to say that a portion of the fandom is "most purist," so much as thematically her arc went off the rails earlier than others.

Sounds like your cup of tea for sure.

Good to have that particular bit of info that shan't be mentioned round here substantiated by Sue and Mashable's reviews...

Yeah someone sent me an ask about it on tumblr but I was pretty wary because there's been so much fake shit the last couple of weeks.

If nothing else it represents an "info dump" on Shireen as well. But it's a lot more than that.

so basically D&D are fucking up everything except stannis' storyline this season?

are we in some kind of alternate fucking universe or what?

:rofl:

Although in all seriousness, the only storylines I'm truly worried about are Dorne and Brienne. As for the rest, I have faith.

I'm not a Super Sansa fan, and with the mess that's coming, I can only be grateful for that. It's going to be a hard toss up between laughing hysterically and throwing up once this stuff airs, hell....it already does feel that way.

I like those ideas, and you are not the only one that thinks the word Nitpick just won't cover some of the coming issues with the show. I'm all for some polls as much of the mess airs. I have to admit, I'm not encouraged by WotW statements about how many may take the dialogue and characterization of Ellaria in the upcoming episodes, either. I do suspect Sansa's story may remain the most horrifying, at least I hope so........what else could seem even more........tasteless?

I support the notion that with Season 5, Sansa Goes To Winterfell, we have reached a point for Major Grievances with Impunity, we're beyond nitpicking now.

I like it, we may definitely need a new name. At least that may reveal........some creative writing. :devil:

^ Oh yeah, I forgot about Arya. Not that excited by it. I'd put it in the bottom 3 of the storylines I'm least invested this season with Brienne and Dorne.

EDIT : Altough it's not that I'm not invested in the Dornish arc, it can be very entertaining, but let's say I'm worried.

so basically D&D are fucking up everything except stannis' storyline this season?

I think, and I should know better than to say it.......maybe Arya's story has a chance to be decent?

The amazing Stannis scene is with Shireen. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: I feel like the show only viewers are going to finally understand the Stannis the Mannis hype after this season.

Ah I'm so happy the Stannis and Shireen scene is a-occurring. I'm not sure how much we're allowed mention of what we've read in other places but it sounds like the most perfect show only scene ever. From a Stannis fan POV obviously :wub:

I'd bet it's a talk about her greyscale, I mean their family life...

;)

Yeah, I (Messy Justin Massey on WotW) asked Sue about this, and I'm glad she confirmed it.

I guess, many of us have already heard what this said scene is about, and if this "rumour" is true = It's simply incredible-extreme-unbelievable beautiful and lovely!!! *_______________*

I love this alternative universe :rofl:

Archived