Casting, News, and Speculation while waiting on Season 5 (Book & Show Spoilers)

Lady Fevre Dream

:lmao:

I wanna say "me too", but I'm still too scared that they'll bring her back as Lady Stoneheart...... (And before anyone says "even D&D wouldn't be that stupid!" - they've done a lot worse.)

I’ve been saying “even D&D wouldn’t be that stupid” for years, and every time it turns out that, yes, they would. This has happened so many times at this point that it actually feels like the more stupid the rumour, the more likely it is to be true.

have sex according to D&D clearly

Eh, TV Tommen's old enough to consummate, he appears to be straight (although Sue the Fury pointed out on WOTW that pretty much everyone would fuck Natalie Dormer if given the chance, and she's not wrong), and TV Margaery would lock that shit down right quick if for no other reason than survival. On the show at least, there's no reason why they wouldn't consummate the marriage.

I'm also one of those (few?) fans who actually liked Brienne's AFFC arc very much, especially things like Septon Meribald and his "Broken Men speech", and if Brienne begins now to focus on killing Stannis... Yeah, let's just say she's definitely one of my three picks in your poll.

The Broken Men speech was one of my favorite dialogues in the entire series. I really hope we still get that - but who?

Eh, TV Tommen's old enough to consummate, he appears to be straight (although Sue the Fury pointed out on WOTW that pretty much everyone would fuck Natalie Dormer if given the chance, and she's not wrong), and TV Margaery would lock that shit down right quick if for no other reason than survival. On the show at least, there's no reason why they wouldn't consummate the marriage.

first of all, i wouldn't fuck natalie dormer because homegirl is weird looking as fuck IMO. and she looks downright ugly to me IRL sometimes.

secondly, i find this whole way of thinking completely repulsive. people are freaking the fuck out about sansa being sexually exploited. manipulated, used and abused in any way and she's supposed to be older than tommen.

imo D&D are just nasty fucks to sexualize tommen. tv margaery could have evolved from being his babysitter (which book margaery was for tommen) to being his friend.

One of the most interesting things I'll be looking forward to is how Arya is going to get back to Westeros in season 6. I wonder if we'll have any inclination towards the end of season 5 that'll give us an inkling. We assume that Mercy will happen late in S5, but who coming through might get her a ticket back west? Many book readers think it'll be Justin Massey, but we don't know if that plot will blossom in the show universe. I guess there is a chance she comes back with Sam, if he survives Hardhome and is sent to Braavos late in the season/early in season 6.

One of the most interesting things I'll be looking forward to is how Arya is going to get back to Westeros in season 6. I wonder if we'll have any inclination towards the end of season 5 that'll give us an inkling. We assume that Mercy will happen late in S5, but who coming through might get her a ticket back west? Many book readers think it'll be Justin Massey, but we don't know if that plot will blossom in the show universe. I guess there is a chance she comes back with Sam, if he survives Hardhome and is sent to Braavos late in the season/early in season 6.

Has Maisie Williams said anything in interviews about where Arya ends up at the end of Season 5, veiled reference or otherwise?

It seemed like some of the pre-season cast interviews suggested that Sam would be sticking with Gilly. Nor does he appear to be at Hardhome.

The Broken Men speech was one of my favorite dialogues in the entire series. I really hope we still get that - but who?

I don't have any clue who could give the speech on the show...

... and I fear show!Brienne either wouldn't listen or try to slain the person when he/she begins to tell, just for a "cool fight scene"'s sake :-(

secondly, i find this whole way of thinking completely repulsive. people are freaking the fuck out about sansa being sexually exploited. manipulated, used and abused in any way and she's supposed to be older than tommen.

The difference there is that Sansa, throughout the show, has been a hostage and at the mercy of overtly violent sexual assault. Tommen wants to have sex with Margaery, and he's evidently old enough to do so within the world he lives in. Of course, the show is also being quite vague about what Tommen's age is now.

I agree that there is definitely a double-standard in society with older men/teenage girls vs. older women/teenage boys, but the differences between Sansa and Tommen are a lot bigger than that.

Has Maisie Williams said anything in interviews about where Arya ends up at the end of Season 5, veiled reference or otherwise?

Not that I've seen. I'm very interested in Arya's story this season for that reason, as it seems like we'll have to get some sort of followup to "Mercy" that may indicate where Arya is going next.

:lmao:

I wanna say "me too", but I'm still too scared that they'll bring [Talisa] back as Lady Stoneheart...... (And before anyone says "even D&D wouldn't be that stupid!" - they've done a lot worse.)

Now I wonder if Sansa dies ~5.08 and comes back in 5.10 as Lady Stoneheart.

... and I fear show!Brienne either wouldn't listen or try to slain the person when he/she begins to tell, just for a "cool fight scene"'s sake :-(

Maybe the High Septon Sparrow himself? His role is apparently being expanded in the show, so could see D&D giving him that speech.

Edit: Oops

High Sparrow, but he seems more bent on building an army to fight unholiness in the show. But there is that scene with the poor at the soup kitchen place that we got to hear about in Day in a Life, so I dunno.

If I had to guess Sansa will take Jeynes role only she will actively be planning her escape as opposed to jeyne who was rescued by theon. In the show Sansa and theon will work together to escape ramsay. I also think she will manipulate ramsay by pretending to be his obedient and broken wife, when In fact she is planning to betray him and steal his beloved pet.

The difference there is that Sansa, throughout the show, has been a hostage and at the mercy of overtly violent sexual assault. Tommen wants to have sex with Margaery, and he's evidently old enough to do so within the world he lives in. Of course, the show is also being quite vague about what Tommen's age is now.

I agree that there is definitely a double-standard in society with older men/teenage girls vs. older women/teenage boys, but the differences between Sansa and Tommen are a lot bigger than that.

tommen is still a child and its still statutory rape and tv margaery has literally been grooming him season 4. she's a sexual predator.

i hate the "but its okay!!!" in the universe excuse. imo we're clearly meant to judge these series from a 21st century POV, the things that are considered wrong today are never portrayed as "good" or "healthy" in universe.

GRRM also puts children in these kind of uncomfortable situations, but the thing with GRRM is that he doesn't portray it as cool or hot just because the abuser is also conventionally attractive.

with the way they're portraying it , D&D want us to giggle and cheer tommen for fucking an older lady and its pretty damn gross

Maybe the High Septon Sparrow himself? His role is apparently being expanded in the show, so could see D&D giving him that speech.

Edit: Oops

High Sparrow, but he seems more bent on building an army to fight unholiness in the show. But there is that scene with the poor at the soup kitchen place that we got to hear about in Day in a Life, so I dunno.

Mhm, okay... I could see that happen, and I'm sure Pryce would totally nail that speech! But he doesn't meet Brienne on the show, so... giving the speech to Cersei?! That wouldn't be nearly the same as giving it to Brienne and Pod in the destroyed Riverlands.

Mhm, okay... I could see that happen, and I'm sure Pryce would totally nail that speech! But he doesn't meet Brienne on the show, so... giving the speech to Cersei?! That wouldn't be nearly the same as giving it to Brienne and Pod in the destroyed Riverlands.

He's a religious leader, so I could see him giving this speech to a crowd or something.

why would the high sparrow give that speech?

he's violent as fuck

He's a religious leader, so I could see him giving this speech to a crowd or something.

I find this speech very intimate and personal.

It's also nothing to provoke / activate / "create buzz among / hype" (I can't find a good English word atm) a crowd, he talks about what war does to people, has done to himself and many of his beloved ones, he speaks against all this fighting.

The HS wants trouble and unrest and influence and war (a certain kind of war, but still).

tommen is still a child and its still statutory rape and tv margaery has literally been grooming him season 4. she's a sexual predator.

i hate the "but its okay!!!" in the universe excuse. imo we're clearly meant to judge these series from a 21st century POV, the things that are considered wrong today are never portrayed as "good" or "healthy" in universe.

GRRM also puts children in these kind of uncomfortable situations, but the thing with GRRM is that he doesn't portray it as cool or hot just because the abuser is also conventionally attractive.

with the way they're portraying it , D&D want us to giggle and cheer tommen for fucking an older lady and its pretty damn gross

Tommen is not a child and Margaery is not a sexual predator. The story happen in the feudal society where Tommen is old enough to marry, so naturally he and Margaery are consuming their marriage. American statutory rape laws dont exist in Westeros. If you can not hadle that, maybe you should stick to the US Networks and avoid US cable shows and European production at any cost....

Archived