U.S. Politics - Let them who is without stones cast the first cake agaisnt the glass house

TerraPrime

With Warren throwing Clinton under the bus with this BS email "scandal" what do you think of a Clinton-Cuomo Ticket?

They reportedly met today although they are friendly so it might nothing

Although with both from new york they might want to try a take vp from somewhere else. Maybe Castro or Ramn Emanuel

I think I'd like to know if Clinton's America will be worse than Obama's America, which is worse than Castro's Cuba.

I'd also like to know in what ways you think Hillary Clinton's foreign policy will be "stronger" than Obama's.

With Warren throwing Clinton under the bus with this BS email "scandal" what do you think of a Clinton-Cuomo Ticket?

They reportedly met today although they are friendly so it might nothing

Although with both from new york they might want to try a take vp from somewhere else. Maybe Castro or Ramn Emanuel

Twelfth Amendment:

"The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;"

Meaning New York's (not insignifcant) electors wouldn't be able to vote for both Clinton for President and Cuomo for Vice President, which could produce a bizarre electoral outcome for VP. So it won't happen.

Twelfth Amendment:

"The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves;"

Meaning New York's (not insignifcant) electors wouldn't be able to vote for both Clinton for President and Cuomo for Vice President, which could produce a bizarre electoral outcome for VP. So it won't happen.

I did not know that. I guess he is out. Back to O Malley

I think I'd like to know if Clinton's America will be worse than Obama's America, which is worse than Castro's Cuba.

I'll tell you one thing: Some time during the term of next Democratic president, Republicans will pine for the days of the moderate, sensible Barack Obama.

Well, on his record in executive office, he's fucked up running Chicago pretty good, so much so that his reelection campaign all but apologized for it. And then there's his personality, and while I personally kind of enjoy abrasiveness, it hasn't made him well-liked.

Edit: I'm talking here about his value to the ticket, or lack thereof, not his politics or similar details.

What did you like about Emanuel's work?

Well, on his record in executive office, he's fucked up running Chicago pretty good, so much so that his reelection campaign all but apologized for it. And then there's his personality, and while I personally kind of enjoy abrasiveness, it hasn't made him well-liked.

Edit: I'm talking here about his value to the ticket, or lack thereof, not his politics or similar details.

To be fair Chicago is a hard city to run. I like his personality, and I liked how he handled the strike although it took to long.

A better question is who do you think brings the most value, both as a running mate and as a VP

To be fair Chicago is a hard city to run. I like his personality, and I liked how he handled the strike although it took to long.

A better question is who do you think brings the most value, both as a running mate and as a VP

I'll tell you one thing: Some time during the term of next Democratic president, Republicans will pine for the days of the moderate, sensible Barack Obama.

With Hillary as the probable next Democrat in the white house I dont understand why you would think that.

I'm on team garcetti for vp.

The Cuomo meeting was probably three fold.

1. Confirm he's not running and let him know she is and her announcement date.

2. Secure his endorsement and schedule it's release. Set him to work fundraising immediately.

3. See if he's interested in secretary of state.

I'm on team garcetti for vp.

The Cuomo meeting was probably three fold.

1. Confirm he's not running and let him know she is and her announcement date.

2. Secure his endorsement and schedule it's release. Set him to work fundraising immediately.

3. See if he's interested in secretary of state.

Sounds about right on Cuomo. (I still think his dad should have ran.)

But Garcetti is a great Idea I never thought of for VP both as a candidate and a leader for a ton of reasons

1. Mexican decent and extensive record on immigration gives you the Hispanic vote

2. Does a lot to smooth over the issues Obama caused with many Jewish voters.

3. He is friends with Pres Clinton, who once said he was the President.

4. His record on Race, Police, Unions and Economics is brilliant.

5. He is young, Good looking and extremely likeable. (Remember the Kings championship?)

The only qualm would be his is still relatively unknown and has not expressed opinions on many issues but that is easily solvable.

Of the current batch of candidates, I think Rand would actually do the best against Hillary in a general and these polls seem to support that. Of course it's very, very early still, but I think he stands a better chance than a bore like Jeb or a firebrand like Cruz

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/9/rand-paul-kryptonite-hillary-clinton-poll/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/09/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKBN0N01G820150409

Of the current batch of candidates, I think Rand would actually do the best against Hillary in a general and these polls seem to support that. Of course it's very, very early still, but I think he stands a better chance than a bore like Jeb or a firebrand like Cruz

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/apr/9/rand-paul-kryptonite-hillary-clinton-poll/

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/04/09/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKBN0N01G820150409

I think that, at this stage, polls are recognizing little more than name recognition. I doubt most Americans have any idea how they're going to vote in 2016, even though most will vote for whomever their party nominates. That's why I ignored headlines like "Hillary's polls plummet in wake of email scandal!" Unless there's more to this email thing than we know, by this time next year the whole business will have been forgotten except by the right-wing fever swamp.

I think this is wishful thinking substituting for actual analysis. But sure, Rand Paul can become a nationally competitive candidate, once he completes selling out every position you once lauded him for...

I think this is wishful thinking substituting for actual analysis. But sure, Rand Paul can become a nationally competitive candidate, once he completes selling out every position you once lauded him for...

He's already doing that, walking back on his cut-defense-spending stance and all that. Fact is, whomever the GOP nominates is going to agree with the mainstream of the party on nearly every issue, if not at the start of the race then definitely at the finish. They wouldn't get the nomination otherwise.

If Rand Paul wants to have any chance winning the nomination - let alone challenging Hillary - he needs to grow a thicker skin and not throw little tantrums when journalists ask him about his flip-flopping ways.

During a Wednesday interview with NBC’s Today show, Paul turned combative when anchor Savannah Guthrie pointed out that his foreign policy positions had changed on the threat posed by Iran and foreign aid to Israel. Paul cut Guthrie off.

“Why don’t we let me explain instead of talking over me, OK?” Paul said. “Before we go through a litany of things you say I’ve changed on, why don’t you ask me a question: have I changed my opinion?”

As Guthrie reframed the question to ask if Paul still believed that Iran is not a nuclear threat, the senator accused her of “editorializing” his views.

“No, no, no, you’ve editorialized it. No, no, no, no, listen. You’ve editorialized,” he said. “Let me answer a question. You asked a question and you say ‘Have your views changed?’ instead of editorializing and saying my views have changed.”

The testy exchange was quickly seized upon as another example of Paul being condescending toward a female reporter, following a February interview on CNBC in which he “shushed” anchor Kelly Evans and told her to “calm down”. Paul was mocked on Twitter with the hashtag #Randsplaining – a play on the term “mansplaining”.

You'd think the guy would come prepared for such a thing, but Rand comes across as the type of guy who was promised the world by daddy and is now spitting mad when the world says, "I'm not your bitch, dude. I don't even really want to go on a blind date with you."

I know it's never going to happen, but I quite like the idea of Clinton going for Biden as VP. There's something delightfully daft about a three term VP.

If the age factor wasn't there, I'd be a big fan of that as well. Besides being the first three-term VP, he'd only be the third VP to serve under two different Presidents; and the other two to do that were George Clinton and John C. Calhoun, so it's been a while.

Archived