Arrested Development

RedEyedGhost

So it appears that all of the threads specific to this show have been culled (seriously wtf?), but there was some slight, possible news about season 5 yesterday.

Is “Arrested Development” coming back for more new episodes? According to exec producer Brian Grazer, yes — and 17, to be exact.

A representative for 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind “Arrested Development,” toldVariety, “Although everyone has expressed interest in doing more episodes, we have nothing firm to announce at this time.”

So there's that. A plan but nothing imminent. Season 4 was a bit of a letdown, but this gives me hope that they're still working at giving some resolution. Hopefully they'll schedule it out far enough that they can get everybody onboard at the same time and can avoid the downfall of season 4.

I think if you're looking for something better than Season 4, you're setting yourself up for a letdown. The season was hilarious and had some of the best moments of the show, namely Tobias' entire arc which was nothing short of masterful in the scope of Arrested Development's writing. I thought it was a natural progression of the story, though it did lack some of the rhythm of the original show and was clearly meant to be watched in one or few sittings because of the interwoven plot compared to the stand alone episodes we often got until Season 3.

The twists were very good and the farcical nature of Arrested Development was much in evidence. It was never going to be the same exact show so long after its initial run and the problem is expecting it to be so. I think season 5 will be better though in the same format.

That said I think the show is the single best written comedic television series of all time. I love The Office and Community, but they rely more on the strength of their characters.

4 did have some great moments, but yes it did not have that same feel that 1-3 had and the is the reason I had any disappointment (and the complete lack of resolution). I think most of the top moments for the entire series occurred when the entire cast was in the same scene. It's been too long since I've watched 4, but did that happen more than once the entire season (or even once)?

I really, really enjoyed season 4. Completely different format to the first three seasons but it did a great job of getting us up to date and steaming through all that has happened since the end of season 3 so i sort of view it as a filler season to bridge the gap and i HOPE season 4 will return to the same format as 1-3 that would be ideal tbh.

Meh. I thought Season 4 was pretty terrible to be honest. It had a few good moments but mostly was trying so hard to be this other thing (which is fine, and due to the problems of the cast schedules) and failing badly (which is not fine). I'd rather let it die. Shows don't need to keep getting brought back forever, and AD already had its chance. If Netflix really wants to bring back another comedy, they should try getting Happy Endings back together for a fourth season.

I don't agree to be honest, I thought season 4 did a good job of bringing us up to date and like I said if it just acts as a filler season and bridge between season 5 (hopefully returning to the same format as 1-3) then it would have been well worth it. I'm super excited about season 5 to be honest, hope it's good. I won't really like it if season 5 is very similar to season 4 though and we only see individual characters and not them all together like it should be.

Inevitable that I'll watch if they make more, but I have no expectation that it will be good as it was. That's how I went into 4, I just figured there was no way it would live up to the first 3. It didn't, but it also wasn't half bad. I laughed enough, and I liked the way they made do with their apparent inability to get the actors together, it was a pretty fun structure for a season of television- I'd love to see it done really well.

Archived