Which character will steal the show this season?

Stannis. I was hoping it would be Mel but she's getting robbed of scenes and stuck to boob reveals and intense silent stares.

Stannis is the best (character and actor) he's ever been. Great performance, and so nuanced.

I would like to see more Selyse. The actress does so much with so little.

Team Dragonstone at this point.

Yes, I have to give it to Team Dragonstone. I never liked Stannis much in the books or in the show before this season. But this season he's the character that I've been enjoying the most.

I love how mature not only Jon is now, but SAM is, too. They're really men who have come into their own after the Battle for the Wall. (Miss Grenn and Pyp who were worth 1000 Ollys.)

I've actually been a little underwhelmed by my three faves, although I'm not surprised given what I expected from the books. I will say that I LOVED Dany's scene in the last episode where she made dragon chow out of that slaver. I'm one of those viewers who has zero sympathy for the slavers, the Harpy, the Graces, and the whole of the Ghiscari status quo. Bye bye.

Not nearly enough Arya for me ever, and really not enough this season. She's only been in 2 out of 5 eps! No wonder Maisie was able to film so many other projects last year.

And of course I'm totally on pins and needles about Sansa this season...

All these Stannis and Jon votes fill my fangirl-heart with tears of joy :crying:

Jon/Stannis. They have a certain chemistry that just works. Every scene that they have together is one that has to be watched closely, and often rewatched. Alone they are both good, but together the sum total is much better than good.

Best secondary character is Shireen.

:agree: Perfectly said!

I always loved the Stannis/Jon relationship in the books, and the show pulls it brilliantly on screen, Kit and Stephen have such a great chemistry :bowdown:

And also YES to everybody who said Sam, I love how he appeared in every episode so far, I adore him (and him + Gilly, too)!

So theses incredible Wall interactions so far - Jon/Stannis, Jon/Mance, Jon/Tormund, Jon/Davos, Stannis/Shireen, Shireen/Gilly/Sam, Sam/Stannis, Jon/Longclaw/Slynt, Jon/NW Brothers, Sam/NW Brothers, aso. - made me a huge fan of the season so far, even though basically everybody else hates it :P

All these Stannis and Jon votes fill my fangirl-heart with tears of joy :crying:

:agree: Perfectly said!

I always loved the Stannis/Jon relationship in the books, and the show pulls it brilliantly on screen, Kit and Stephen have such a great chemistry :bowdown:

And also YES to everybody who said Sam, I love how he appeared in every episode so far, I adore him (and him + Gilly, too)!

So theses incredible Wall interactions so far - Jon/Stannis, Jon/Mance, Jon/Tormund, Jon/Davos, Stannis/Shireen, Shireen/Gilly/Sam, Sam/Stannis, Jon/Longclaw/Slynt, Jon/NW Brothers, Sam/NW Brothers, aso. - made me a huge fan of the season so far, even though basically everybody else hates it :P

Not to mention "Fewer" from Stannis. :lol: Stannis,Cersei and Dany are so far best in this season.Certainly Team Dragonstone's presence helped the Wall arc a great deal.

Team Dragonstone and the Wall have been running away with this season, at a canter as well.

"Have a safe journey, and thank you."

*Stannis just walks off*

Gilly's little wave to Shireen was nice. Honestly, sad to see Stannis and co. leave the Wall because the characters coming together was interesting as hell.

Alisser Thorne continues to be a cool guy, if still a bit antagonistic.

I really love the actors in the northern storyline (Roose, Ramsay, Stannis, Jon, Shireen, ...).

And I also like Tyrion with Varys and Jorah.

The small councils in Kingslanding are also very funny.

I agree with those who believe Stannis will come out as the 'star' of this season. Though not a fan of the character, it is (to me) fitting that he didn't shine until he went to The Wall, as that was when I began to grudgingly admire him and support his cause. As grim and stoic as the Northerners are, no-one can out-grim Stannis. And his presence (the actor's) seems to elevate the acting chops of those around him. It's about time!

Archived