Which character will steal the show this season?

Stannis, maybe. He probably wouldn't ever be as popular as KERLERSI or Tyrone, but it's at this point in the story where you see him out and about being kingly as opposed to pondering moral decisions and reminiscing about his brothers/childhood on Dragonstone. That should be more interesting to watch.

Of course. Poster had just mentioned Dany and I thought it was "if I look back..."

That new line is not entirely bad(my friend saw first four episodes and on IMDB some guy talked about this whole scene).Wise&Brilliant must really hate book readers.This could be only possible explanation for that.

Ok, I'm dense, what line?

Yeah, I guess you got it. Anyway, I'm starting to think that D&D and even Cogman have no idea what the book readers like and what they don't. I think it's perfectly plausable that they don't even know that this is probably one of the top 10 favorite lines in the entire series. Now I'm dreading what they'll do with Doran's line.

Stannis is a simple man who is led by a witch. I dont get the love.

So.... you've read the books? and you think she leads him?

If I had to pick one character, I'd say Jon. A lot of people are tired of Kerleesi and her bullshit and this season it's only going to get worse. The Drogon flight will probably redeem her though. Sansa will be big too, if her time at Winterfell is anywhere near as horrific as the actors are letting on.

If I had to pick one character, I'd say Jon. A lot of people are tired of Kerleesi and her bullshit and this season it's only going to get worse. The Drogon flight will probably redeem her though. Sansa will be big too, if her time at Winterfell is anywhere near as horrific as the actors are letting on.

Sansa is a weird one. Not because of the show going off-road from the books, but because, if she's truly taking on a bit of a Jeyne Poole role, I think it's oddly timed to say the least. I mean she JUST became Darth Sansa at the end of season 4. Seems like an odd choice for them to finally empower her character, only to hand her over to Joffrey 2.0 immediately afterwards.

It should be either Jon or Stannis.... but from what I've seen until now.... probably Daenerys. Why not use that beautiful line from the books??? Why?

What line do you refer to?

Seems they've cut quite a few memorable quotes

Stannis. The way he showed up with his army last season was too epic not to set up his actions this season.

I think his bid to release Winterfell from the Boltons will really sit well with show-only fans and they will root for him and worry when/if the Pink Letter makes its appearance.

Out of the "main" characters: I reckon it will be Jon & Cersei who will shine. Kit's acting has greatly improved over the years and this is Jon's best year if the books are to go by and Lena (unsurprisingly) killed it in the first episode. Dany's storyline in ADWD, I find interesting but I feel the "big" moments e.g. riots, CGI dragons and all the Harpy chaos will outshine anything she actually does as a character. I hope she is not resigned to make "queenly" speeches.

Stannis will get more material than ever and I am sure it will all be done very well. It's a shame how much he has been sidelined in the show so far and it will be good to see him getting a bit of screentime and attention (especially as I know he has a lot of enthusiastic fans out there - in book and show formats)

As for less obvious characters: Theon (I put him here because I feel he will now be the supporting character to Sansa in his story which is kinda fair enough because he won't be speaking a lot and a lot of his chapters are the internal struggles in his head. Alfie is very underrated though and will excel in how much or little he is given. Also the High Sparrow, Selyse, Shireen and Doran

I expect newcomers Doran and the High Sparrow to shine as well as Aemon, Stannis

Out of the "main" characters: I reckon it will be Jon & Cersei who will shine. Kit's acting has greatly improved over the years and this is Jon's best year if the books are to go by and Lena (unsurprisingly) killed it in the first episode. Dany's storyline in ADWD, I find interesting but I feel the "big" moments e.g. riots, CGI dragons and all the Harpy chaos will outshine anything she actually does as a character. I hope she is not resigned to make "queenly" speeches.

Stannis will get more material than ever and I am sure it will all be done very well. It's a shame how much he has been sidelined in the show so far and it will be good to see him getting a bit of screentime and attention (especially as I know he has a lot of enthusiastic fans out there - in book and show formats)

As for less obvious characters: Theon (I put him here because I feel he will now be the supporting character to Sansa in his story which is kinda fair enough because he won't be speaking a lot and a lot of his chapters are the internal struggles in his head. Alfie is very underrated though and will excel in how much or little he is given. Also the High Sparrow, Selyse, Shireen and Doran

I expect newcomers Doran and the High Sparrow to shine as well as Aemon, Stannis

If his brief exchange with Arriane Ellaira Sand was any indication. Doran will be the only new thing about Dorne worth a damn. (And by extension Areo)

Archived