Which character will steal the show this season?

• 4 weeks later...

After having seen now the first half of the season, my vote for the Top 3 'show stealers' goes to Stannis, Jon and Shireen.

And when I'm thinking about the Unsullied I know, or some Unsullied threads (like the one on e.g. NeoGAF), I'd pick Stannis / Jon / Shireen even more.

ETA: And I can't describe how extreme much happy this makes me :)

So far Jon has looked good, so has Sam, and Stannis has become much more sympathetic. It's really all been about the north like the books so far which is a pleasant surprise for me. I've loved every scene with the Boltons so far too and kudos for Roose for that voice.

I think a major contender for the second half will be Jorah as they go off book and give him loads of action. think about it, he's got to inmterract with AAA and probably Yezzan who is the only major character from last year not yet introduced, he has to get captured, become a pit fighter and win a massive fight, and don't forget he is now infected with greyscale. It's gonna be big for him and possibly curtains.

But I honestly think though that by the end of the season Cersei will have stolen it. She's just got so much story left in the books that they will adapt as she descends into madness and despair then hope at the hands of Frankengregor.

I think there are a couple contenders. One being Stannis and the other being Jorah. I'm leaning toward Jorah as his journey is a much more personal one. We've already seen him given a death sentence, will likely be taken and beaten by slavers and thrown into the pit in a lopsided battle to die in front of Daenerys.

Stannis on the other hand will only steal the show if he fails. A character rising on the show isn't nearly as rewarding as one falling.

So far Stannis, but i am not sure if he will continue to do so in the second half of the season. His storyline will have to stay strong for that and only way how his storyline can stay strong compared to others who we know will get huge moments in the second half of the season (Jon, Dany, Cersei) is if his storyline become very tragic - which is certainly possible based on all screentime he get with Shireen and hints we keep getting abou Selyse and Mel.

I see Sansa coming up this season... I think in episode 5 she finally got mad and has had enough of the boltons... I think she's gonna turn winterfell on them from the inside while stannis attacks the walls! I hope so anyway!

I think Sansa, Jon, and Cersei story lines will continue to feature prominently. Something is going to go down in Dorne Sunday that might have major implications. Stannis and the Boltons will face off, and I think Stannis will die. Jon's and Cersei's big moments will come near the end. But Dany will steal the show with Drogon in the last episode, probably in the last scene.

Tyrion won this season with a single line:

"Long, sullen silences and an occasional punch in the face: the Mormont way."

Runner up is Qyburn for his response to the High Septon's not knowing who the hell he is:

"It's not important."

I haven't seen episode #5 yet but my vote goes to Stannis, especially in relation to previous seasons. The writers have done him some justice at last. Honourable Mention: Roose, even though I've only seen him in one episode so far.

Best new cast member: High Sparrow

Jon/Stannis. They have a certain chemistry that just works. Every scene that they have together is one that has to be watched closely, and often rewatched. Alone they are both good, but together the sum total is much better than good.

Best secondary character is Shireen.

Archived