[TV SPOILERS] Arya, Jaqen and the 'Gift of Mercy'

WheelofIceandFire

According to recapped.com (which has already been proven trustworthy this season), Dany should appear in this episode so her trend of 8 appearances per season should be safe. But I think it's safe to say that Arya's not in this episode. We already know that the scene with Meryn appears in episode nine, so there's no need to speculate that it's going to happen this episode.

So she's sitting at least four episodes out then. Wowie.

I don't know how they could leave Arya out of this episode after the reveal and cliff hanger in the previous one. I would be worried people will forget what was said and be confused when she is walking around Braavos in a different costume. Hopefully she will have a couple of changes this season, Cat of the canals, which is just a change of clothes, and a different face for when she meets Meryn Trant.

I'm a bit worried that "the gift" in this episode might be a wedding present from Ramsay which is why Sansa is crying in the preview.

I don't know how they could leave Arya out of this episode after the reveal and cliff hanger in the previous one. I would be worried people will forget what was said and be confused when she is walking around Braavos in a different costume. Hopefully she will have a couple of changes this season, Cat of the canals, which is just a change of clothes, and a different face for when she meets Meryn Trant.

I'm a bit worried that "the gift" in this episode might be a wedding present from Ramsay which is why Sansa is crying in the preview.

They've completely mucked up Arya's story this year. She should have been at this point 2 episodes ago. And they can't even argue that there is not enough in the book, they seem to have cut her connection to Nymeria. If there is not enough, why be cutting? She has 4 episodes and she may not even appear in all of them, so its likely they have cut Sam, Brusco, Dareon and Izembaro. They've even cut the impact of the character of Jon's storyline which was a big part of his Dance with Dragons plot. So it feels like they are in fact reducing her plot. Really it feels like they are doing the absolute bare minimum with her.

They've completely mucked up Arya's story this year. She should have been at this point 2 episodes ago. And they can't even argue that there is not enough in the book, they seem to have cut her connection to Nymeria. If there is not enough, why be cutting? She has 4 episodes and she may not even appear in all of them, so its likely they have cut Sam, Brusco, Dareon and Izembaro. They've even cut the impact of the character of Jon's storyline which was a big part of his Dance with Dragons plot. So it feels like they are in fact reducing her plot. Really it feels like they are doing the absolute bare minimum with her.

I don't think they care about her plot at all, with the bare minimum they're doing. It's like they only include it out of pure obligation.

No, I have decided that they definitely have to include Arya this episode. I wont believe anything else. I will stick my fingers in my ears and go "la, la, la."

Come on people they have to have her in an episode called "The Gift".

No, I have decided that they definitely have to include Arya this episode. I wont believe anything else. I will stick my fingers in my ears and go "la, la, la."

Come on people they have to have her in an episode called "The Gift".

Based on how this season has been going, they don't. Arya doesn't have the gift of warging, and she can't truly give "the gift" at this point of the show either. Also, there are already too many confirmed storylines for them to include Arya. She isn't a priority at this point.

Arya or rather 'Cat of the Canals' will deliver the gift of death to the 'financial cunning man' by poisoning him. That's my predictiom anyway.

The last role our sources came across was particularly interesting in how specific it was, and yet still unnamed. Game of Thrones is searching for a man in his fifties, required to be thin and having a long, thin face, to play a character with financial cunning and steeliness. The character has several scenes over two episodes.

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-game-of-thrones-castings-hint-at-spoilers-for-season-5/

This. Makes total sense. The Gift refers to at least three things: The Gift of Death from Arya to Meryn Trant, The Gift land below the Wall (maybe where Sam and Gilly will travel and Sam telling us the story of how the Gift was given to the Night's Watch by a Targeryan queen), and the Gift Jorah will give Daenerys (maybe a wedding gift, I like that).

:agree:

Arya or rather 'Cat of the Canals' will deliver the gift of death to the 'financial cunning man' by poisoning him. That's my predictiom anyway.

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-game-of-thrones-castings-hint-at-spoilers-for-season-5/

I hope this happens. I cant deal with Arya missing another week :(

The fact that it says 'two episodes' makes me hopeful that she will at least have a small scene in episode 7

She'll be there.Don't worry.

i hope she does wonder what scene she will have though may be the scene we see in trailer with darrio about all rulers are with butchers or meat

According to recapped.com (which has already been proven trustworthy this season), Dany should appear in this episode so her trend of 8 appearances per season should be safe. But I think it's safe to say that Arya's not in this episode. We already know that the scene with Meryn appears in episode nine, so there's no need to speculate that it's going to happen this episode.

did they mention dany will appear this episode ...i thought it mentioned about sam / gilly and sandsnake / bron

Episode 7, airing on May 23, has the Gilly (Hannah Murray) and Samwell sex scene. Tyene Sand (Rosabell Laurenti Sellers) is also supposed to get naked as she is talking to Bronn in prison. And Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) has a scene in bed with Daario.

It would be just like D&D to leave Ayra out of this episode but keep the fat, pink mast in.

Episode 7, airing on May 23, has the Gilly (Hannah Murray) and Samwell sex scene. Tyene Sand (Rosabell Laurenti Sellers) is also supposed to get naked as she is talking to Bronn in prison. And Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) has a scene in bed with Daario.

It would be just like D&D to leave Ayra out of this episode but keep the fat, pink mast in.

well i dont know whether to be happy that dany is present and sad about arya absent

i wonder are they going for arya to appear in 6 episodes like the last season ...atleast her absence this episodes for me confirms she will be in episode 9 so there is that

i already dread fat pink mast scene

I hope this happens. I cant deal with Arya missing another week :(

The fact that it says 'two episodes' makes me hopeful that she will at least have a small scene in episode 7

Looks like you're gonna have to get used to Arya missing from the episodes for many weeks from here on out, until the show has its series finale. She's one foot out the door.

There's no thread here specifically about speculation about the appearing storylines, but I've seen people talking about it here, so...

We have this episode synopsis:

Jon prepares for conflict. Sansa tries to talk to Theon. Brienne waits for a sign. Stannis (Stephen Dillane) remains stubborn. Jaime attempts to reconnect with family.

This already confirms for 5x07:

- The Wall

- Winterfell

- Stannis & Co.

- BriPod

- Dorne

Then we have seen the promo trailer for the episode, which shows also the Wall, Stannis and Winterfell, but also adds:

- Tyrion/Jorah

- King's Landing

And then we have again this recapped.com site, which says:

So this confirms again the Wall and Dorne, but also:

- Meereen

To cut a long story short, we can say we know this episode features:

- The Wall

- Winterfell

- Stannis & Co.

- BriPod

- Dorne

- Tyrion/Jorah

- KL

- Meereen

... Wow. So, unless Arya sits this episode out (which I think she does, even tho it's called "The Gift"), this episode would basically include every single storyline (or without her, still almost every).

And re: killing of the insurances man / "cunning financial man", I think this will happen in 5x08, because of:

Arya makes progress in her training. Sansa confronts an old friend. Cersei (Lena Headey) struggles. Jon travels.

And then she'll kill Trant in 5x09.

Come on, she's gotta appear. They aren't going to name an entire episode after the strip of land south of the Wall.

My prediction is that Arya will appear very briefly, but it will be the finale scene.

A fun way to do it as the last scene would be for Mace to get off the boat and have a chat to Meryn while Arya walks past them in her new get up.

Tyrion calls himself a gift Jorah gives Dany..so maybe...

OR

Arya meets Meryn fukkin Trant and gives him gift of revenge..

However deep inside I still suspect it has somthing to do with Gift.

Maybe thats whre stannis battle is or his Tent burns

A fun way to do it as the last scene would be for Mace to get off the boat and have a chat to Meryn while Arya walks past them in her new get up.

Yeah something like that. Something that simultaneously showcases the new magic in her storyline; whilst also giving the part of her that remains Arya something to dwell on. Foreshadowing that she'll never truly leave Arya behind, hopefully.

Also, I'm now more sure than ever that Arya will be getting the finale scene. Check out this pattern with the previous episodes and their synopses...

S5E4: "The Faith Militant grow increasingly aggressive. Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) and Bronn (Jerome Flynn) head south. Ellaria (Indira Varma) and the Sand Snakes vow vengeance."

Ended with the Meereen plot.

S5E5: "Dany (Emilia Clarke) makes a difficult decision in Meereen. Jon (Kit Harington) recruits the help of an unexpected ally. Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) searches for Sansa (Sophie Turner). Theon (Alfie Allen) remains under Ramsay’s (Iwan Rheon) control."

Ended with Tyrion and Jorah.

S5E6: "Arya (Maisie Williams) trains. Jorah (Iain Glen) and Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) run into slavers. Trystane (Toby Sebastian) and Myrcella (Nell Tiger Free) make plans. Jaime and Bronn reach their destination. The Sand Snakes attack."

Ended with Sansa and Theon.

To make it more surprising, they keep ending it with a plot line not mentioned in the synopsis. So...

S5E7: "Jon prepares for conflict. Sansa tries to talk to Theon. Brienne waits for a sign. Stannis (Stephen Dillane) remains stubborn. Jaime attempts to reconnect with family."

"The Gift" almost certainly ends with Arya.

Archived