[TV SPOILERS] Arya, Jaqen and the 'Gift of Mercy'

WheelofIceandFire

Ive just been reading one of the casting/speculation threads and a man named Joss and a terminally ill son are mentioned. Its possible they go to the HoBaW. Does anyone think that Arya will be ordered to give the 'gift' to the son?

I think that is likely given that this episode is called the Gift, but im still not sure why she isnt mentioned in the synopsis if the episode refers to her storyline

The Gift is surely the place adjacent to the wall. To the south of it.

The question is why would it be the title BEFORE hardhome?

thats why i dont think the title actually refers to that 'Gift'. Plus, they already featured the Gift in season 3 didnt they (where Bran and co are in the windmill and Jon escapes from Wildlings?)

It will most likely refer to the gift of mercy and may tie in to another storyline where someone is given a gift

Stannis captures Yara. Mel wants to give her as a "gift" to her god. Stannis thinks she's more valuable alive and refuses. Mel returns to the Wall. This is why Stannis is called "stubborn" in the episode description.

Ghost is confirmed having stuff to do in this episode. Maybe, Jon is revealed to have a "gift" for warging, possibly by Mel who returns to the Wall. Maybe we get the Mel, Jon, and Ghost scene from the book. Mel probably tells him his trip to Hardhome will go bad during this discussion. She offers him help. Of course, he refuses.

Jon will let wildlings thourgh the Wall and give them a land(Sam mentioned it in the previous episode),Arya's gift of mercy.MAybe something disturbing in Winterfell arc like Fat Walda pie...you know gift from Ramsay.

Stannis captures Yara. Mel wants to give her as a "gift" to her god. Stannis thinks she's more valuable alive and refuses. Mel returns to the Wall. This is why Stannis is called "stubborn" in the episode description.

Ghost is confirmed having stuff to do in this episode. Maybe, Jon is revealed to have a "gift" for warging, possibly by Mel who returns to the Wall. Maybe we get the Mel, Jon, and Ghost scene from the book. Mel probably tells him his trip to Hardhome will go bad during this discussion. She offers him help. Of course, he refuses.

Do we know,that Yara is in this season?I haven't heard anything on the matter.I wouldn't be suprised,if Mell will see something in the flames Hardhome Jon,NK,WW and stuff.That might be enough for her to return,but it's tough to predict her intentions at this point.It would be bad for to just hang around Castle Black and waiting for Jon.Truly interesting and same goes for Davos.What the hell is he gonna do for the rest of the season.

Having just seen episode 6, most of the speculation about the meaning of "The Gift" makes sense. We got a hint of Sam being scared away from Castle Black in the episode 7 preview, meaning I still stand by my speculation that we will have a scene of Sam walking on the fields of The Gift in this episode. I still think Arya will kill Meryn Trant who should be in Braavos by now but that might also be delayed to coincide with Sam reaching Braavos. However, not so sure about Jorah bringing Tyrion as a gift to Daenerys anymore seeing as they seem to be heading straight to the fighting pits now.

tyrion will be gifted to hizdar by yezzan ...or dany will claim is as a gift like missandei because he is a dwarf and cant fight in the fits

now after seeing it promo i think dany is absent from this episode ...which is strange because she has always appeared eight episodes in a season and if she is absent then it will make seven episodes ...which is weird because she along with jon and cersei are the ones with most chapters to cover

These titles ALWAYS have multiple meanings to them. What I suspect:

• Arya deals the gift of death.
  • and, Arya glances at where she kept Needle, made to become blind for that mistake, learning she has the gift to warg,
  • and, featuring the area near the wall named 'the Gift',
  • and, Dany is given a gift at the pits, Jorah and Tyrion.

These kind of episode titles don't deal with or this, or that. They are usually a case of and this, and that.

After Arya gave the gift yesterday, it looks like she s going to be giving it to Trant this coming episode.

I noticed that in the show they have not mentioned any sort of ban on freelance killing or contract killing people you know. In the book that part is a little ambiguous.

It seems to me that you get ahead in the training at the HoBaW by killing people. So killing Trant is fair game. She will go blind afterwards but that is part of her training.

I agree that it is likely that there is another meaning to 'The Gift' and it might involve Sansa who has to escape from Winterfell in episode 7,8 or 9 if Jon is going to get his stabby-stabby in episode 10.

We are clearly going to see a big Stannis vs Bolton battle in either episode 7 or 9. Given that we have the big pit scene in episode 9, it would make sense to have that battle in episode 7 which can take place in the Gift. That leaves Brienne free to kill Stannis in episode 9.

tyrion will be gifted to hizdar by yezzan ...or dany will claim is as a gift like missandei because he is a dwarf and cant fight in the fits

now after seeing it promo i think dany is absent from this episode ...which is strange because she has always appeared eight episodes in a season and if she is absent then it will make seven episodes ...which is weird because she along with jon and cersei are the ones with most chapters to cover

She'll be there.Don't worry.

I think Maester Aemon dies in this episode (based on peak of funeral pyre and Thorne gloating at Sam).

So I think "The Gift" will be something that he talks about before dying.

According to recapped.com (which has already been proven trustworthy this season), Dany should appear in this episode so her trend of 8 appearances per season should be safe. But I think it's safe to say that Arya's not in this episode. We already know that the scene with Meryn appears in episode nine, so there's no need to speculate that it's going to happen this episode.

Archived