Biggest WTFs?

Tyrion The Huge

The Battle of winterfell say near two thousand to 400-500 Boltons they lose.
Also King Stannis says in a letter to Jon that survivors of the battle outside WF are coming in to fight for him yet northen lords still support him there two books in between and yet the north still supports Bolton wtfff

One of my WTFs was when I finished the last chapter of AFFC because nothing really happened there. That's not the best wording of course but it felt like that a bit after all those shocking and/or important events in all the other last chapter (the birth of the dragons, the revelation that Bran and Rickon and co are alive, LF kissing Sansa and killing Lysa, the revelation that Daenerys is alive, you can also count the two epilogues - revelation of the identity of Lady Stoneheart and the return of Varys and the murder of Pycelle and Kevan). The only thing that seemed interesting to me when I read the chapter was Pate.

One WTF is Brienne leading Jaime to Lady Stoneheart.

I cannot imagine how this can be resolved without one of them ending up dead.

Based on Lady Stoneheart most likely cut from the tv show my speculation is that Brienne kills Lady Stoneheart to save Jaime but Jaime then leaves her for leading him there (=betraying him) in the first place.

Still WTF.

Based on Lady Stoneheart most likely cut from the tv show my speculation is that Brienne kills Lady Stoneheart to save Jaime but Jaime then leaves her for leading him there (=betraying him) in the first place.

Still WTF.

Or alternatively, they cut my Lady because they didn't want to kill off their hot new power couple/time filler.

Still WTF.

Yeah, the absolutely random appearence of Brienne in ADWD was quite wtf-ish as well. Like, she appeared out of thin air, no one questioned her presence at all, Jaime immediately abandoned everything and left with her. And that all was described in like 2 senteces. Seriously, WTF?!?

Ned dying. Originally I saw this on the show, and refused to accept what was happening. Even when the sword was coming down I expected someone to come and stop it.

"The things I do for love"

When the undying started attacking daenerys.

Oh and of course Red wedding. Worse chapter ever. Not writing wise but because all of the crappy things in it.

Same.

When i started watching it i knew nothing, and i was sure Ned would survive.

When Lady Stoneheart was revealed. And not in a good way. Ruined the (admittedly painfully obvious) Red Wedding for me. Killing two main characters is a brave thing to do. Bringing them back to life, and thus the resulting "they're not actually dead" theme within the next few books makes me just -__-

Oh and fAegon. Another doomed pretender. Stop trying to fit shit in. You'd have trouble wrapping this series up anyway, and Dance and Feast did not help in the slightest.

A big wtf moment for me is when this series actually finishes. Sorry for the cynicism lol. I'm sure we all have these moments. :dunno:

Shae in Tywin's bed was very WTF for me.
That, and Darkstar taking a swipe at Myrcella.
Biggest WTF moment: Oberyn's lobotomy. My brain was already celebrating Tyrion getting off the hook again.

Future WTF: Picking a surprise for the future is kind of a contradiction in terms but I bet Cersie is in the middle of it.

The RW. When i saw what i was reading. Robbs heart got pierced, i had to read it again and again to understand if the author really meant to kill him off. that was a big WTF moment, until i continued reading weeks after. i was truly depressed. Not even Neds death was worse.

One of my WTFs was when I finished the last chapter of AFFC because nothing really happened there. That's not the best wording of course but it felt like that a bit after all those shocking and/or important events in all the other last chapter (the birth of the dragons, the revelation that Bran and Rickon and co are alive, LF kissing Sansa and killing Lysa, the revelation that Daenerys is alive, you can also count the two epilogues - revelation of the identity of Lady Stoneheart and the return of Varys and the murder of Pycelle and Kevan). The only thing that seemed interesting to me when I read the chapter was Pate.

When I first read them it was def this,

But to be fair, a bigger WTF moment came later when I realized after a few times through the books that AFFC had actually became my favorite of the five.

Archived