[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XIV - North remembers

Mladen

It could be that Sansa succeeds where all the fighting between Starks and Boltons failed, she breeds them out and takes the dread fort for her family and she creates her own life.

and elsewhere its been mentioned my sophie that sansa wants to start her own line. i could be imagining that being a thing...

and elsewhere its been mentioned my sophie that sansa wants to start her own line. i could be imagining that being a thing...

I mentioned something like that but to have our Sansa carrying the baby of that monster Ramsay Bolton is beyond disgusting.

I mentioned something like that but to have our Sansa carrying the baby of that monster Ramsay Bolton is beyond disgusting.

I know, but she has to deal with the reality of her world, and as Marg said to Sansa; Boys ( or girls) learn from their mothers, as Cersei said you hate the King but love your children, and as Sansa said I teach my kids to hate Lannisters ( Boltons, Freys ).

As I said many times Sansa loosing Lady by Ned's hands could tell us she sacrifices her name to aid her family.

It's not a good idea (the writes don't seem to be bothered) and i really don't think the books are heading in that direction so fingers crossed it won't happen.

What I am hoping for Sansa and please do not freak out about this. In the books forum, people thought I was insane. Sansa is our fair maiden and this story lacks a sympathetic maiden being married off or falling in love with a prince or a true hero. We have everything else stories of this genre contain. So, here it goes, Sansa grew up in Winterfell but was distant from her bastard half brother Jon. She did not think much of him or against him, thanks to her mother, she did not really think of him at all. We all know that Lyanna Stark and Prince Rheagar Targaryen are Jon's real parents and that Rheagar most likely married her polygamously. Jon is not only a Prince but is the true king of a restored Targaryen dynasty, not Dany. Sansa, would she look at Jon differently if and when revealed that he is her first cousin and not bastard half brother? in a prior thread, I asked if Sana was destined to be the second comming of a character known as Nissa Nissa. I wlll leave you all to explore and comment. Note, Jon does seem attacted to red heads afterall.

What I am hoping for Sansa and please do not freak out about this. In the books forum, people thought I was insane. Sansa is our fair maiden and this story lacks a sympathetic maiden being married off or falling in love with a prince or a true hero. We have everything else stories of this genre contain. So, here it goes, Sansa grew up in Winterfell but was distant from her bastard half brother Jon. She did not think much of him or against him, thanks to her mother, she did not really think of him at all. We all know that Lyanna Stark and Prince Rheagar Targaryen are Jon's real parents and that Rheagar most likely married her polygamously. Jon is not only a Prince but is the true king of a restored Targaryen dynasty, not Dany. Sansa, would she look at Jon differently if and when revealed that he is her first cousin and not bastard half brother? in a prior thread, I asked if Sana was destined to be the second comming of a character known as Nissa Nissa. I wlll leave you all to explore and comment. Note, Jon does seem attacted to red heads afterall.

I could see them marry, but I wouldn't want her dying by his sword to be honest.

No doubt and it would follow Lady's death. :(

Seven hells!

I would rather she be the Queen to Jon's King if that did indeed happen. She is my first pick for the YMB in the valonqar prophecy. (OT, I will admit the Radio Westeros theory that Brienne is the YMB is intriguing and I'm leaning towards it!)

Seven hells!

I would rather she be the Queen to Jon's King of that did indeed happen. She is my first pick for the YMB in the valonqar prophecy. (OT, I will admit the Radio Westeros theory that Brienne is the YMB is intriguing and I'm leaning towards it!)

Mine is Sansa, Marg., Brienne/ Shireen

Seven hells!

I would rather she be the Queen to Jon's King if that did indeed happen. She is my first pick for the YMB in the valonqar prophecy. (OT, I will admit the Radio Westeros theory that Brienne is the YMB is intriguing and I'm leaning towards it!)

Who is to say she would not be Queen to his king and still be sacraficed to save an ungreatful world? It fits, I swear it fits the books and apparently getting her into the north is what GRRM was headed for anyway. She is our Damsel in Distress, our fair maiden, Jon is our hero and THEY ARE NOT brother and sister, so the ICK factor is removed or will be, potentially.

Mine is Sansa, Marg., Brienne/ Shireen

Cersei thinks it is Margeary, that is why she is wrong. Initially, she was extatic to torment Sansa as she thought it cannot be her and Briene, who knows, but the history of Torment of Sansa began with Cersei, who demanded Lady be executed. There is more of a poetic justice if it is Sansa who replaces her, either with Jon or Faegon as king.

Heart trees or septs, it doesn't matter. Cat remembers that Ned had married her in the sept. I assume he of all people would be aware if the North didn't acknowledge the marriage in front the Seven. Both religions are recognized. If any religion wouldn't be, then it would be the old gods in the South since the Seven are pretty much the official religion of the Seven Kingdoms (see the High Septon annointing the king). But so far there have been no signs of that either.

Its out of the Northerners' power to change that but it was a key part of the Greatjon's independance speech:

"MY LORDS!" he shouted, his voice booming off the rafters. "Here is what I say to these two kings!" He spat. "Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor Stannis neither. Why should they rule over me and mine, from some flowery seat in Highgarden or Dorne? What do they know of the Wall or the wolfswood or the barrows of the First Men? Even their gods are wrong. The Others take the Lannisters too, I've had a bellyful of them." He reached back over his shoulder and drew his immense two-handed greatsword. "Why shouldn't we rule ourselves again? It was the dragons we married, and the dragons are all dead!" He pointed at Robb with the blade. "There sits the only king I mean to bow my knee to, m'lords," he thundered. "The King in the North!"

Ned and Cat were married before the rebellion in the sept, who is to say vows weren't done in front a tree later? Alys and the Thenn got married by Red Priestess, you can bet they are going to go and find a heart tree. Cat would consider herself married in the sept, she is a seven worshipper. Ned's very laid back about religion though, nature gods are everywhere.

I think that's unfair to D&D. From the TWOW Alayne chapter, in the books she is also becoming more aggressive and controlling eh, extroverted and self-possessed would be the adjectives I'd use, for both the show and the books. And it seems that the evolution is as rapid as in the show.

I agree Book Sansa is growing more self possessed. I don't know if I would use the extroverted. In any case, I think there's no denying there's a world of difference between Book Sansa's characterization in the latest chapter and Show Sansa at the end of Season 4 and this season. There's a reason why Sansa fans among book readers aren't too excited about Show Sansa. They were looking for the quiet strength of the character and not another badass who's new storyline was describe as a very bold departure from the books in the EW interview. Book Sansa's story is not one they are really interested in telling and I'm not sure I blame them. I don't think it would translate well to the screen given it's large amount of reflection and the subtle growth and I think it appeals to a subset of Game of Throne fans rather than the majority.

Its out of the Northerners' power to change that but it was a key part of the Greatjon's independance speech:

"MY LORDS!" he shouted, his voice booming off the rafters. "Here is what I say to these two kings!" He spat. "Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor Stannis neither. Why should they rule over me and mine, from some flowery seat in Highgarden or Dorne? What do they know of the Wall or the wolfswood or the barrows of the First Men? Even their gods are wrong. The Others take the Lannisters too, I've had a bellyful of them." He reached back over his shoulder and drew his immense two-handed greatsword. "Why shouldn't we rule ourselves again? It was the dragons we married, and the dragons are all dead!" He pointed at Robb with the blade. "There sits the only king I mean to bow my knee to, m'lords," he thundered. "The King in the North!"

Ned and Cat were married before the rebellion in the sept, who is to say vows weren't done in front a tree later? Alys and the Thenn got married by Red Priestess, you can bet they are going to go and find a heart tree.

I wouldn't read much into it, honestly. The Greatjon was just looking for another reason why the South sucks. All he means is that the North follows different gods and therefore the two halves are incompatible.

Red Priests are a different matter entirely. Their religion is alien to Westeros and Melisandre is all sorts of shady and untrustworthy.

I agree Book Sansa is growing more self possessed. I don't know if I would use the extroverted. In any case, I think there's no denying there's a world of difference between Book Sansa's characterization in the latest chapter and Show Sansa at the end of Season 4 and this season. There's a reason why Sansa fans among book readers aren't too excited about Show Sansa. They were looking for the quiet strength of the character and not another badass who's new storyline was describe as a very bold departure from the books in the EW interview. Book Sansa's story is not one they are really interested in telling and I'm not sure I blame them. I don't think it would translate well to the screen given it's large amount of reflection and the subtle growth and I think it appeals to a subset of Game of Throne fans rather than the majority.

But I'm a book Sansa fan, and I see her as a BAMF she's just keeping it quiet until she gets out from LF.

Ned and Cat were married before the rebellion in the sept, who is to say vows weren't done in front a tree later? Alys and the Thenn got married by Red Priestess, you can bet they are going to go and find a heart tree. Cat would consider herself married in the sept, she is a seven worshipper. Ned's very laid back about religion though, nature gods are everywhere.

That ignores that there are plenty of followers of the Seven in the Manderly domains in the North, prior to the uniting of the kingdoms, and evidently that functioned perfectly fine for 600+ years, so there must be a system of mutual recognition (same with the Blackwoods and everybody else in the south).

Archived