[TV SPOILERS] Meanwhile, in Dorne...

If they were gonna muck up that fight scene with awful choreography they could've at least hidden it by overusing an equally shitty practice - le shaky-cam.

I don't get it. The fight scenes in the series have been pretty decent+ for the most part. Wonder what happened this time around.

If they were gonna muck up that fight scene with awful choreography they could've at least hidden it by overusing an equally shitty practice - le shaky-cam.

I don't get it. The fight scenes in the series have been pretty decent+ for the most part. Wonder what happened this time around.

They seem to do a lot better with 1/1 fighting than the group stuff. I thought the Meereen fight where the killed Selmy was weak, too, but nothing close to as cheesy as that water garden's debacle last night.

essentially, this.

The question is, will we get any character development from ShowSnakes before season ends? Since Dorne is absent in next sundays preview, we can expect the auditioned scene in episode 8 and Dorans speech in episode 9. And since things tend to be getting very tense during final episodes, there probably won't be enough time for them to have any sort of meaningful dialogue

What was really missing from that fight scene was 'Yakkity-Saks' blaring in the background.

Here is how you fix the Water Garden scene:

Add Water

Have Doran replace Myrcella with a fMyrcella.

The Sand Snakes show up to attack and kill/wound fMyrcella but are captured trying to escape

Bronn and Jamie show up AFTER the sand snakes

Jamie realizes that it isn't Myrcella (Paying off his insistence that it has to be him that goes)

Doran reveals to the Sand Snakes his plan to put Myrcella on the throne.

Jamie and Bronn are captured/found out, Doran tries to get Jamie to back his Myrcella as Queen play.

essentially, this.

The question is, will we get any character development from ShowSnakes before season ends? Since Dorne is absent in next sundays preview, we can expect the auditioned scene in episode 8 and Dorans speech in episode 9. And since things tend to be getting very tense during final episodes, there probably won't be enough time for them to have any sort of meaningful dialogue

AMAZING

What was really missing from that fight scene was 'Yakkity-Saks' blaring in the background.

Add Water

The Sand Snakes show up to attack and kill/wound fMyrcella but are captured trying to escape

Jamie realizes that it isn't Myrcella (Paying off his insistence that it has to be him that goes)

Jamie and Bronn are captured/found out, Doran tries to get Jamie to back his Myrcella as Queen play.

Top shelf

Yeah the whole thing felt pretty haphazard. Reminded me of the battle for Yunkai from season 3, which was also a bit of a mess. I guess things like this are always a risk when you've got so many productions going on at once in different countries, it gets hard to micromanage everything.

My hope is the Dornish plot will improve significantly when Doran Martell starts getting more screentime. I think this whole sandsnake and Jaime/Bronn kidnapping thing has just been to set that up

Add Water

That is actually pretty damn good.

Only inconsistency is Doran seems too 'good' to put a child at risk of death or injury by letting her pose as fake Myrcella. Might have come off a bit hypocritical.

This Spice Girl business with the personal weapons - Spear Snake, Dagger Snake, Whip Snake - especially Whip Snake - just reminds me of Gimli's awful line, "And you have my Axe!". And I don't much care for being reminded of Gimli when half-naked warrior grrls are on the rampage.

I was half expecting Benny Hill to start blaring with Bronn ducking between the Snakes legs and tripping them up with the whip.

If by 'maybe' you mean 'almost certainly' then yes

Yeah they didnt go for the subtle route on that one. The poisoning of Gregor was made extremely obvious and the fact that poison is a favored weapon of Dorne. Then we hit this season with all the Oberyn drops and snake imagery at every turn. Bronn killing the SandSnake and mentioning its poison is blatant foreshadowing. To top it off. the camera may as well have panned in and out on Bronns festering wound over and over with flashing lights.

Archived