[TV SPOILERS] Meanwhile, in Dorne...

Well there are two possible answers to why we have Sand Snakes and not Arianne.

A. GRRM ultimately makes the Sand Snakes more important to the main storylines.

B. D&D though they were sexier and a better visual with the warrior vibe/weapons.

I find A hard to believe, so I'll go with B.

I'm so glad Areo Hotah broke up that fight.

WORST acting I've ever seen on Game of Thrones. You can see them pause and wait for incoming hits.

The sand snake with the spear turned her back on Jaime, spun the spear around, you could see she almost dropped it and a grin appeared on her face.

They were among his weakest characters, especially to be at least secondary players. So, I have to wonder, when faced with the Riverlands...with the Brotherhood--Thoros, Dondarin, the Blackfish, Edmure-- a number of well developed characters, why go with Dorne and the Sand Snakes?

Blackfish and Edmure are well developed characters in the books. They are some of the worst characters in the show. Blackfish whole thing was that he was Robb's righthand man and Catelyn's uncle. No show watchers has that impression just because of S4. They were ruined long before D & D were planning to go Dorne.

B. D&D though they were sexier and a better visual with the warrior vibe/weapons.

yeah I think the answer is both. If the show follows the books on this, the Sand Snakes will end up in King's Landing with Cersei. I think from D & D's perspective this makes them "more important" than a character like Arriane, who for all we know will never be in a location to interact with a major character.

As far as B goes, I think that's pretty obvious. Even the book calls them "Oberyn with teats", and Oberyn was a breakout character on the show. I think they are stuck trying to replicate that.

yeah I think the answer is both. If the show follows the books on this, the Sand Snakes will end up in King's Landing with Cersei. I think from D & D's perspective this makes them "more important" than a character like Arriane, who for all we know will never be in a location to interact with a major character.

As far as B goes, I think that's pretty obvious. Even the book calls them "Oberyn with teats", and Oberyn was a breakout character on the show. I think they are stuck trying to replicate that.

You kind of wonder how the same people who cast Pedro Pascal and despite the over sexed orgy aspect, was great, was given great characterization, great lines and did a phenominal acting job...

Would come up with the Sand Snakes, those costumes, those 'actresses' that dialogue and that plot....

It's bizarre.

It's amazing how we can all have such wildly divergent views on pretty much every aspect of everything, yet virtually everyone hates the Dorne bits (I certainly do - the Sand Snakes are simply awful caricatures, that fight was ridiculously bad, the Myrcella making out unnecessary, I could go on). I can only assume that the Sand Snakes become important later on. Was there a hint of interest from Bronn in one of them (I don't really care which is which, at this stage), might that become a Thing? It's also made Jaime far less interesting than his book counterpart.

I love the series and of course there are major changes from the books and I'm down with that. But the Dorne stuff has been more or less disastrous from the get-go. I hope it improves, or Drogon flies over in a peckish mood and puts them out of our misery, or something.

You kind of wonder how the same people who cast Pedro Pascal and despite the over sexed orgy aspect, was great, was given great characterization, great lines and did a phenominal acting job...

Would come up with the Sand Snakes, those costumes, those 'actresses' that dialogue and that plot....

It's bizarre.

Yes, for whatever reason, outside of Arya, it seems D & D really struggle with "warrior"-like female characters. They probably should have realized this after they impossibly screwed up Asha (oh sorry, I mean Yara lol), but nope.

Yes, for whatever reason, outside of Arya, it seems D & D really struggle with "warrior"-like female characters. They probably should have realized this after they impossibly screwed up Asha (oh sorry, I mean Yara lol), but nope.

It's not like they have done a superb work with Arya. She seems to suffer from Dany's Deadpan Oneliners Syndrome a lot of times.

It's not like they have done a superb work with Arya. She seems to suffer from Dany's Deadpan Oneliners Syndrome a lot of times.

Got to say that "fight" and the way Jaime and Bronn just entered the Water Gardens as if it was their home castle and got to Myrcella without even bothering to hide just when the Sand Morons were trying to get her too were the funniest 5 minutes of TV I have watched in a while. I couldn't stop laughing. Everything was so absurd.

I'm so glad Areo Hotah broke up that fight.

WORST acting I've ever seen on Game of Thrones. You can see them pause and wait for incoming hits.

The sand snake with the spear turned her back on Jaime, spun the spear around, you could see she almost dropped it and a grin appeared on her face.

I think the fight scene would have been better if they had played the theme music from Charlies Angels while it was going down. The Sand Snakes aren't that bad in the books, not my favorite, kind of cheesy but they are OK. In the TV show they are so bad its laughable. Which is kind of good I can use always use the laughs.

Got to say that "fight" and the way Jaime and Bronn just entered the Water Gardens as if it was their home castle and got to Myrcella without even bothering to hide just when the Sand Morons were trying to get her too were the funniest 5 minutes of TV I have watched in a while. I couldn't stop laughing. Everything was so absurd.

That was so bad. Both sets of plotters showing up in the water gardens at the exact same moment. So bad.

That was so bad. Both sets of plotters showing up in the water gardens at the exact same moment. So bad.

I'm just glad they got that fight scene over with. Imagine if the Sand Snakes got there first and abducted her, then Jaimie and Bronn with help from Doran, persued to rescue her and that this fight or a similar one was the climax of the Dornish plot this season. It can only get better from here.

It's amazing how we can all have such wildly divergent views on pretty much every aspect of everything, yet virtually everyone hates the Dorne bits (I certainly do - the Sand Snakes are simply awful caricatures, that fight was ridiculously bad, the Myrcella making out unnecessary, I could go on). I can only assume that the Sand Snakes become important later on. Was there a hint of interest from Bronn in one of them (I don't really care which is which, at this stage), might that become a Thing? It's also made Jaime far less interesting than his book counterpart.

I love the series and of course there are major changes from the books and I'm down with that. But the Dorne stuff has been more or less disastrous from the get-go. I hope it improves, or Drogon flies over in a peckish mood and puts them out of our misery, or something.

That's rigth apart from one or two posts saying show Dorne was better than book Dorne (which they didn't like to begin with), there really wasn't anyone defending this travesty, at least not in any meaningful way. The only thing I like about show Dorne is Alexander Siddig because he makes a great Doran. I really feel bad about him being in those scenes, he deserves better scripts.

I think it's more that Arianne's storyline will ultimately be linked to Aegon's who isn't in the show, so there's not much point in including her.

I'm very much disappointed with Sand Snakes and Dorne. (Areo Hotah and Doran are actually nice, but the rest... no comment)

That fight in Dorne was like watching some amateur video on youtube, so much fails and so much poor moves. Fail fail fail.

One going through the tunnels, The other two comical duo walking straight into a private residence for the Prince and his family.

What made it even more absurd was that just before that Hotah was all "Don't worry, the kids are super well guarded by my men" yet Jaime and Bronn strolled in and could have killed Myrcella and Trystan 20 times before the doofuses, who were supposed to be guarding them, arrived. Apparently Hotah is a terrible captain of the guard.

Archived