Ep. 8 Hardhome

TheReal_Rebel

(why cant I quote people?)

That's what I was thinking would happen with Arya, except I don't think she will actually meet Meryn Trant until episode 9, where she kills him and is then 'punished' in episode 10 (or she could get a new face to end her storyline this season).

I just don't see what she is going to do in episode 6, 7 (if she is in that. I hope she is) and 8. The fact that the synopsis for episode 8 says that she 'makes progress' is what is confusing me. If she kills for the first time in 7, isn't that making progress? So what can she then do in episode 8 that is also making progress?

I think the Hardhome rescue will be a failure. They may even bring back something nasty with them.

It will be the "rescue Bran" thing all over again.

Maybe we will get Jon being told he is a warg though so that is something.

I think the Hardhome rescue will be a failure. They may even bring back something nasty with them.

It will be the "rescue Bran" thing all over again.

Maybe we will get Jon being told he is a warg though so that is something.

A thing I'm wondering about is if Jon and Tormund help fight off what seems to be a minor white walker attack. As they're getting the remaining freefolk on the boats, the Night's King shows up with his army but most of them make it on the boats right in time. Maybe they kill off Tormund.

In the meantime, this is when Sam, Gilly, and Aemon depart. Since the show has Braavos established in it, maybe they do stop in there but I can see it streamlined to Oldtown for next season. I think what's going on down there is important for both the book and show level. I can see Aemond giving one more speech on a boat to close out the season with the other expected happenings.

The material involving Hardhome might the stuff I'm looking forward to the most in the second half of the season. They really need to start giving the White Walkers more screen presence than just one or two scenes a season.

I've had a look at the trailer and there are shots of them getting off the boats and getting on the boats, so far so like YaraAsha vs Ramsay.

There is a bald headed bloke who is probably Varamyr and some fighting. However this doesn't seem to happen by the sea but in a wooden fort in the middle of nowhere. Strange.

I've had a look at the trailer and there are shots of them getting off the boats and getting on the boats, so far so like YaraAsha vs Ramsay.

There is a bald headed bloke who is probably Varamyr and some fighting. However this doesn't seem to happen by the sea but in a wooden fort in the middle of nowhere. Strange.

That's the set for Hardhome which is by the sea.

Confirmed to not be in this season (and besides which, why would he suddenly show up at Winterfell?).

At least four other characters who shouldn't be at Winterfell have shown up there already this season. Why not make it a party.

I doubt they'll kill off Tormund this season. They seem to be setting him up as the new Free Folk leader, and he's pretty much the only recognizable wildling apart from Rattleshirt, who probably won't survive Hardhome.

Where has it been confirmed?

One of James Hibberd's Entertainment Weekly articles on this season.

Unrelatedly, this TV Insider article states that we should "watch for Arya's training to really kick into high gear in the May 31 episode" (that being, of course, this episode).

Archived