Ep. 8 Hardhome

TheReal_Rebel

"Confronts" an old friend. I had assumed it would be Pod, because she did not know Pod was with Brienne when she rejected Brienne. Pod's reappearance will be a surprise for Sansa.

But after what happened in ep 7, and seeing the preview for ep8, it looks its Theon, who used to be her friend but not anymore. I think all this buildup (from season 4 onwards) of Reek being dead loyal to Ramsay will make it a real shocker when(if) he rescues Sansa from WF.

The preview shows Jon in Hardhome; Sam and Olly at CB; Dany, Tyrion and Jorah in Meereen; and Cersei in KL. From the synopsis, we also know that 'Arya makes progress' in this episode. Wonder if Tranty will make an appearance.

This person who made this posted it in the imdb forums, and even stated that it was fan made. Team Dragonstone probably won't even feature in this episode. Hopefully, the image indicates that the attempted burning of will be thwarted.

The sequence that image was taken from was in the trailer for the season. I'm not sure if it will feature in this episode, or if that particular image has been altered by the person who posted it, but that sequence is definitely legit.

I think mace and our "any boy whore with a sword can beat three" meryn trant are appearing in episode 9. As many people know, he'll be taking the place of Dareon the Deserter.

How is this canon at this point? Isn't it just very likely?

Besides, the killing of Dareon felt like justice (he was a deserter..) What exact crime did trant commit?

Besides, the killing of Dareon felt like justice (he was a deserter..) What exact crime did trant commit?

Well, it could be argued he committed treason. And didn't he murder Arya's friend Syrio Forel? Besides I would suggest Arya's motivation is revenge more so than justice.

Sansa confronts and old friend.

1- maybe the Greatjohn shows up for the wedding?

2- maybe theon comes out of Reek mode?

3- Did Maester Lewin survive and come back incognito?

We really did not see Sansa around anyone in Winterfell as a child that she hung around with that might be left alive unless mentioned above. This is interesting.

con·front -Meet (someone) face to face with hostile or argumentative intent.

We can count out Great John, Maester lewin was given the gift by Osha, and I like Nymeria but not sure and though the saying can work, it usually means a person, no Clegane this year so he's out looks like Theon or LF.

ETA: and just realized I responded to an almost month long statement DAH!! :dunce:

Well, it could be argued he committed treason. And didn't he murder Arya's friend Syrio Forel? Besides I would suggest Arya's motivation is revenge more so than justice.

Wasn't the murder on Syrio a Kings (Queen regent) command? (Get the Stark girls and kill everyone who gets in your way?)

Yeah, I get that for Arya herself it seems a good reason, but does that also count for the FM? Is this allowed?

So basicly (a bit offtopic, srry):

This info that isn't really out there is it? I mean you can hire them, but who really deserves the gift according to them? Can they just decide that themselves? (Did seem like it if I think back about the 'Mercy' chapter btw..)

So yeah, I guess Arya can kill him and in that case I don't see a reason why she shouldn't. (Not that I would disagree btw)

Regarding the picture of Selyse on the ground (sorry, I can't quote nor copy/paste for some reason), it got me curious; could SHE technically have "King's blood"?

From Wiki:

"The Florents, like the Tyrells, claim descent from the extinct House Gardener, the defunct Kings of the Reach. The Florents have a superior line of descent, and believe that they by rights, should possess Highgarden"

Granted, it's just a snapshot, but the boots behind her look pretty static, not a flurry of activity; a simple King's orders to bring Selyse before him. She sees him standing with Mel and knows what's about to befall her. I can see the scene now: Selyse and Shireen in the same room; guards come in, saying "Come with us, by order of His Grace", and Selyse assumes they're talking to Shireen...until they move past the young girl and grab her by the arms...

Just a thought. Half the fun of this forum is the outrageous guesswork :)

either shes watching her daughter be burned, or she got caught trying to do it.

or something else

anyones guess is as good as any.

I think you're right. Since Stannis said no to Melisandre when asked about burning Shireen, Melisandre will probably go to her instead and Stannis will find out. Then, his men will capture her and throw her at the feet of Stannis or something.

Wasn't the murder on Syrio a Kings (Queen regent) command? (Get the Stark girls and kill everyone who gets in your way?)

Yeah, I get that for Arya herself it seems a good reason, but does that also count for the FM? Is this allowed?

This info that isn't really out there is it? I mean you can hire them, but who really deserves the gift according to them? Can they just decide that themselves? (Did seem like it if I think back about the 'Mercy' chapter btw..)

So yeah, I guess Arya can kill him and in that case I don't see a reason why she shouldn't. (Not that I would disagree btw)

My impression is, they can decide who they kill but that doesn't mean their actions are supported by their order. If they act wrongly, as Arya did, they'll be punished. Arya wasn't ordered to kill Dareon, she killed him out of resentment on her own accord. And murdering Trant is purely an act of revenge, which I feel will result in her parting ways with the faceless men. I await that with eager anticipation.

I do wonder if Brienne ends up saving Shireen from Stannis rather than Sansa from Ramsay.

Sansa probably isn't going to trust the candle thing again. But Theon might tell her that her brothers were hiding in the crypts and Sansa might try the same plan. After all going to be a lot of Boltons busy with Stannis.

I know it's probably a long shot and maybe I'm optimistic, but I think one of these episodes Ramsey will inform Theon that Balon has died. Between that, and possibly the 'ghost' at the weirwood, I think Theon will snap out of his funk. Why do I think this? Well, rumors have been going around that Yar(asha) will be showing up sometime this season, and I don't think she'd sail around Westeros to all of a sudden show up and get captured by Stannis. I think she'll end up in Pyke, and possibly find out Balon is dead. Also, according to the casting report on Watchers on the Wall, a character with the same characteristics as Euron is being casted for next season. It's possible to cut out the entire kingsmoot and go straight to Euron declaring himself king, but first Balon needs to die. And Euron showing up would be necessary, especially if the other casting rumor is true - that they're casting Randall Tarly - so Euron can attack the Reach. I also think Stannis will receive news that Balon has died, reaffirming Melisandre's leech story and power, and making the decision of Shireen even that much more difficult for him.

I think it's more likely that the image of Selyse on the ground depicts her trying to prevent Shireen's incineration (or being distraught at its occurrence) than having been caught in an attempt to commit it.

Yeah, I suppose you could be right now that I think about it. I guess I just said the opposite because she's been portrayed in such a negative way on the show. That doesn't mean that she would burn her own daughter though.

i see where you would think he could just use the old "following orders" excuse but really, as far as she is concerned he is guilty

exactly this...she doesn't give two shits about justice ...she wants her list (even the new shorter version) dead for killing father, mother, brothers, Lady, etc...etc..

fm are assassins for hire, but also give mercy....link and link

My impression is, they can decide who they kill but that doesn't mean their actions are supported by their order. If they act wrongly, as Arya did, they'll be punished. Arya wasn't ordered to kill Dareon, she killed him out of resentment on her own accord. And murdering Trant is purely an act of revenge, which I feel will result in her parting ways with the faceless men. I await that with eager anticipation.

i read in the promise me thread in gen GoT forum that ayra must promise not to kill someone she knows so.....trant would be a no-no, however he is on the list for helping kill ned and for presumably killing syrio...though i support the fact that he escaped and is in braavos.

I do wonder if Brienne ends up saving Shireen from Stannis rather than Sansa from Ramsay.

Sansa probably isn't going to trust the candle thing again. But Theon might tell her that her brothers were hiding in the crypts and Sansa might try the same plan. After all going to be a lot of Boltons busy with Stannis.

i agree he will tell her will she believe who knows, but also theon knows of the tunnels, he just has to remember....remember his last interactions with lewin

I think it's more likely that the image of Selyse on the ground depicts her trying to prevent Shireen's incineration (or being distraught at its occurrence) than having been caught in an attempt to commit it.

why she hates her she wishes she was in the little display beaker instead of dead boys...i think if she thought her twisted arsonist god wanted her to she would do it herself.

edited for clarity

she hates her she wishes she was in the little display beaker instead of dead boys...i think if she thought her twisted arsonist god wanted her to she would do it herself.

Maybe so, and that is, of course, what we're supposed to believe. I think that it's more likely to be misdirection, though, and that if it comes to it then Selyse won't be able to bring herself to acquiesce with the sacrifice. This is probably what she was really thinking when she told Shireen "I don't want to bring you", as well as the reason for her troubled, anxious look in Episode 4 when Melisandre reminded her that Stannis's blood runs through Shireen's veins.

i see where you would think he could just use the old "following orders" excuse but really, as far as she is concerned he is guilty

exactly this...she doesn't give two shits about justice ...she wants her list (even the new shorter version) dead for killing father, mother, brothers, Lady, etc...etc..

fm are assassins for hire, but also give mercy....link and link

i read in the promise me thread in gen GoT forum that ayra must promise not to kill someone she knows so.....trant would be a no-no, however he is on the list for helping kill ned and for presumably killing syrio...though i support the fact that he escaped and is in braavos.

i agree he will tell her will she believe who knows, but also theon knows of the tunnels, he just has to remember....remember his last interactions with lewin

why she hates her she wishes she was in the little display beaker instead of dead boys...i think if she thought her twisted arsonist god wanted her to she would do it herself.

edited for clarity

Selyse doesn't hate Shireen. She hates herself for not being able to give Stannis a son, for not being attractive enough for him to want to sleep with her, and for being replaced by Melisandre.

Maybe so, and that is, of course, what we're supposed to believe. I think that it's more likely to be misdirection, though, and that if it comes to it then Selyse won't be able to bring herself to acquiesce with the sacrifice. This is probably what she was really thinking when she told Shireen "I don't want to bring you", as well as the reason for her troubled, anxious look in Episode 4 when Melisandre reminded her that Stannis's blood runs through Shireen's veins.

Exactly. Selyse was trying to protect Shireen when she objected to bringing her to the Wall.

Archived