Ep. 8 Hardhome

TheReal_Rebel

Both Stannis and Shireen have noted that Selyse isn't fond of her daughter. Stannis, though, won Father of the Year Award a few episodes ago. When Stannis pushed Mel away, I'm sure she sulked to Selyse and probably whipped out her rack and convinced her that burning her only daughter alive was the only way to win the battle. Selyse tries to burn her daughter behind Stannis's back, the soldiers catch her and throw her before Stannis's feet OR Stannis stops the attempts and sends both Mel and Selyse back to the Wall in shame (and they arrive while the Night's Watch is in chaos).

As for Arya:

She sees Trant enter a brothel. Cue a few scenes of boobs and such. Arya, wearing another face, approaches Trant, who doesn't recognize her. She takes him into alley and Julius Caesars his ass. When she returns to the HoBaW, Jaquen whips her for acting as Arya Stark would have. She returns to her normal self, and she is suddenly blinded. Distressed Arya-fans everywhere.

I don't know, just my takes on it.

Brienne is no friend of Sansa, they met once in that tavern this season. Pod knows Sansa but had barely any interaction with her.. No, the old friend she CONFRONTS is obviously Theon again, the trailer hinted at that.

I'm really getting disappointed by the fact that they put Sansa in WF with a so called reason, then make her take the Jeyne Poole route probably.. The only thing that would make sense for me would be if she'd refuse Brienne's help somehow.

It does seem likely that there will be some attempt to sacrifice Shireen, but it might not actually be Melisandre or Selyse who tries to burn her. It might just be some soldiers in the camp, as the conditions deteriorate and things become difficult, they might become desperate for sacrifices. Shireen might be saved from being burned.

What if selyse has successfully burned shireen and stannis is about to put her to death.

What if Selyse wants to burn Shireen, Stannis find out and for this betrayal Selyse gets burned? Mel gets her royal blood and Stannis wins the battle.

Or thus her blood not count as royal?

What if Selyse wants to burn Shireen, Stannis find out and for this betrayal Selyse gets burned? Mel gets her royal blood and Stannis wins the battle.

Or thus her blood not count as royal?

That is a very good point Marlom. Stannis would see it as high treason. Letting Selyse off (because of her position) would go against his character & everything he stands for- he would burn her for sure.... freeing him up for another marriage in the future *sigh*. If he wins in Winterfell then guess who will be available? (yes Sansa-lucky girl). I'm so over ghastly boring thrones weddings....so dull. Please no more boring weddings!

Is anyone else worried about Edd?

We know there's a battle coming to Hardhome and we know how the writers love throwing in tragedy and killing off characters before the books do. And as far as I can tell there are only going to be 4 named characters at Hardhome that have been previously introduced: Jon, Tormund, Rattleshirt and Edd (who rode out with Jon). Since Jon and Tormund have pretty decent plot armour and no one really cares about Rattleshirt, are you worried Dear-Dolorous-Edd is about to become the next casualty of war?

On Arya. I'm starting to think that around Season 6 or 7, the FM will give Arya an unofficial sabbatical at some point, knowing that she has great potential but that until she's through her list she won't be able to let go of being Arya Stark. She may stowaway on a ship, with the FM turning a blind eye, knowing that she has nothing left but that list, the FM just knowing that she will return when she's done. Once through her list, it'd be symbolic if she says her goodbye to Nymeria, asking it to keep an eye on Sansa from now on, that she leaves Needle in Westeros at a place once significant to Arya and that she exits the story on a ship back to Braavos, this time as being truly nobody. That'd be a good exit for Arya, being just another FM, impossible to track or follow for the viewer as she mingles with the crowd, never assuming the face of Arya again.

On Shireen, I think Selyse might burn her and Stannis will thus leave both Selysa and Melisandre behind. This frees up Melisandre for perhaps a plot involving Jon Snow and puts Stannis on a path for wherever he'll go. I'm half hoping Davos will take Mance's place as being captured by the Bolton's, only to find out Rickon and Bran aren't dead, making him effectively go after Rickon, but I don't think it'll happen that way. With the way how the show dramatizes death, he'll probably die after giving some final advice to Stannis, pushing the latter to make the right, justified decision. That or Stannis sells his soul and does burn Selyse, if Melisandre promises him a son born of fire or something.

With two seasons left, and taking into consideration that there are large, time consuming plots which need to be shown (Dany going to and taking Westeros, Stannis vs Bolton, White Walkers, possibly KL falling completely into the hands of the Faith, Arya's journey) far more book plots will probably be cut to free up time for 20 remaining episodes to treat all these stories. Even if various plots happen to mix (perhaps Dany smokes the Faith out of KL, Stannis may head right back to join against the White Walkers) there's not a lot of time for all those side-stories.

Anyone else starting to think Loras doesn't die this season? If Cersei is allowed a trial by combat as the books were building to, why can't Loras? We really don't know if he gets better in the books. I think it would be much better to save his demise for an attack against Highgarden next season than against the Faith. An argument against it is that there should be casualty to Cersei bringing forth the High Sparrow. I think it would be poetic justice that Cersei, Marg, and Loras survive but Tommen is the one who gets killed.

I agree. If Tommen should be the only one to die because of the HS/FM. That would hit Cersei real hard. Indirectly she would be the one who killed her only boy.

Either way I'll bet Cersei will go bat shit crazy next season !!

Doesn't look like Jon's having a good time with the wildlings. I'm a little worried for Edd... I could see him being killed off here sadly, though I couldn't say if it would be death by wildling or white walkers. :dunno: Sure hope he goes down fighting, at least.

Anyone else starting to think Loras doesn't die this season? If Cersei is allowed a trial by combat as the books were building to, why can't Loras? We really don't know if he gets better in the books. I think it would be much better to save his demise for an attack against Highgarden next season than against the Faith. An argument against it is that there should be casualty to Cersei bringing forth the High Sparrow. I think it would be poetic justice that Cersei, Marg, and Loras survive but Tommen is the one who gets killed.

Sorry, i don't understand, why would Tommen be killed?

Archived