What would have Tywin's sharp lesson for Joffrey been?

Chiki

Tywin would never physically hurt Joffrey or let him hurt because Joffrey would kill him.

I think he would do it more subtle by not helping him a few times so he understands he really needs Tywin as a hand to solve things.

What exactly is your definition of hurting someone? Because I'm pretty certain that 7 grown men raping a 13 year old boy qualifies as hurting him.

Also, I would like to point out that this would suggest that Tywin would somehow think he could get Jaime to agree to rape his own nephew (and also son, but Tywin either doesn't know that or was in denial).

They'd be gentle.

Tywin is clearly upset at this occasion because he realised that Joffrey was not the perfect Lannister king Cersei had promised but well... Joffrey. Probably he had heard something before and may not still realise excatly how bad Joffrey is but now he definatelly knows he is a problem. He is in denial (like he is always Reharding his family, like how he still thinks he can get Jaime out of Kingsguard) and thinks some sharp lesson will fix Joffrey when obviously there is nothing that can really.

People seem to think Tywin insulted that Joffrey called him a coward and now wants to give him a punishment to show who is in power but I see this as Tywin realising that Joffrey is uncontrable. Joffrey is King and in few years whatever punishment was given to him he could give back to Tywin, doing anything horrible to him is foolish. How big of an idiot you think Tywin is? Even now I do not think Joffrey is completely out of power, and as if the Kingsguard who is there for life and thus when he has his full powers, would ever hurt him. And Tywin only hates Tyrion of his family and does not care what happens to peasants he does not go around abusing his family. It is because Tywin uses the same wording sharp lesson Tyrion's thoughts go to what happened to him, I do not think he is seriously thinking that Joffrey will get raped. Tywin maybe would have demoatrated to Joffey how he needs him but how could he have gotten away doing something violent after Joffrey has full powers?

Hi everyone! Now, we know that Tywin was planning a sharp lesson for Joffrey in ASOS, to make him stop being so bratty.

He was visibly upset over the prospect of giving Joffrey a sharp lesson. Tywin of all people being upset. Isn't this a little strange to you? We've never seen Tywin upset, not once (though he was absolutely upset when Joanna died and Tyrion was born).

This means that Tywin probably had something horrific planned for Joffrey, but he felt bad about it because he didn't want to put his family's name into ruin. We know what Tywin's sharp lesson for Tyrion was when he was 13.. he had Tysha raped by like 100 soldiers.

My theory is that he had something similar in store for Joffrey. He likely planned to have Joffrey raped by someone.. but since he was the King, it had to be someone close and someone who could keep their mouth shut. Having him raped by the Kingsguard would work, and they can be trusted not to hurt him since they swore vows not to. Tyrion would also be a candidate because Joffrey hated Tyrion and it would've been incredibly embarrassing for him to get raped by a dwarf.

What do you guys think?

With such a plot twist I have to ask... Are you M. Night Shyamalan, perchance?

Seriously though, while I see where you're coming fro, I do disagree. Tywin only had two real instances where rape was involved: Tysha and Elia. Of these, it is only the Tysha instance that he definitely advocated. I doubt that he told Grogor to rape Elia as well as kill er, but I guess that's up for debate. In terms of the current situation, however, I imagine we'd see Tywin act against Joffrey in the more psychological manner that he comes across in ASOIAF. In terms of his enemies he is brutal, Robb learned that. In terms of his allies, however, he strives to win them over through words, promises and\ or fear.

My theory is that he had something similar in store for Joffrey. He likely planned to have Joffrey raped by someone.. but since he was the King, it had to be someone close and someone who could keep their mouth shut. Having him raped by the Kingsguard would work, and they can be trusted not to hurt him since they swore vows not to. Tyrion would also be a candidate because Joffrey hated Tyrion and it would've been incredibly embarrassing for him to get raped by a dwarf.

What do you guys think?

What do we think?

Here's a little personal policy of mine: just one "hey, I have an idea, X raped/will rape/would have raped Y" post is enough for me to add its author to the "Users I'm Ignoring" list. It is kind of disgusting.

What do we think?

Here's a little personal policy of mine: just one "hey, I have an idea, X raped/will rape/would have raped Y" post is enough for me to add its author to the "Users I'm Ignoring" list. It is kind of disgusting.

If you can't handle discussing rape, then you're too immature to read this book series. Go watch Teletubbies and join a Teletubbies forum.

If you can't handle discussing rape, then you're too immature to read this book series. Go watch Teletubbies and join a Teletubbies forum.

Don't be a prat. See also the forum rules on rape specifically, helpfully linked at the top of the main board page. Being uncomfortable discussing rape doesn't indicate immaturity, and arguably quite the reverse.

In this instance fortunately the original proposal was so ludicrous that it's been possible to joke about it.

Don't be a prat. See also the forum rules on rape specifically, helpfully linked at the top of the main board page. Being uncomfortable discussing rape doesn't indicate immaturity, and arguably quite the reverse.

In this instance fortunately the original proposal was so ludicrous that it's been possible to joke about it.

Well I'm just being honest about a possibility. It's entirely possible that Tywin would have gotten Joffrey raped because of his obsession with rape (Tysha).

Hell. I think Tywin himself might've done the deed.

It was 100 instances actually.

Actually 101 if you count Elia, or like 30,000+ if you count the Riverlands and the murder/rape squads Tywin sent out. Should probably up that by another 10,000 if you count the Sack of Kingslanding.

HOLY SHIT, TYWIN RAPED A LOT OF PEOPLE!

Actually 101 if you count Elia, or like 30,000+ if you count the Riverlands and the murder/rape squads Tywin sent out. Should probably up that by another 10,000 if you count the Sack of Kingslanding.

HOLY SHIT, TYWIN RAPED A LOT OF PEOPLE!

Can't argue with that.

Archived