Where do we go from Here? (Spoilers Galore)

Since D&D know where the main characters like Sansa are at the end, it is sort of spoiler heavy for the books in that the Vale storyline for Alayne/Sansa is somewhat insignifigant. (...) I am worried about Sansa's survival in the books as it appears it was somewhat easy for show runners to totally take her, a major character and do THIS to her without batting an eye and have been plotting to do so since ADWD was released almost 4 years ago. It does not bode well for her character on the show either if you think about it.

Agreed. D&D seem to be tipping their hand. It seems telling that her arc wasn't shuffled offscreen (as with Bran), or padded with filler (as with Arya in Season 4), but completely changed. Sansa really is expendable.

Agreed. D&D seem to be tipping their hand. It seems telling that her arc wasn't shuffled offscreen (as with Bran), or padded with filler (as with Arya in Season 4), but completely changed. Sansa really is expendable.

Interesting to note also in light of the revelation that when Martin first conceived the series, he did not designate Sansa as one of the main characters to go along with Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion, Arya and Bran.

There's no way they'd take the time to specifically show the Blackfish avoiding the RW slaughter and then have a follow up scene where they again remind the viewers that he escaped if he was never appearing again. He's going to appear and unleash hell upon Roose, Ramsay, or the Freys at some point.

Ghost of Winterfell perhaps?

Interesting to note also in light of the revelation that when Martin first conceived the series, he did not designate Sansa as one of the main characters to go along with Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion, Arya and Bran.

The other young characters got to keep their "training" arcs--although Bran's takes place offscreen--but Sansa didn't. It does not bode well.

The other young characters got to keep their "training" arcs--although Bran's takes place offscreen--but Sansa didn't. It does not bode well.

Darth Sansa don't need to stinking training arc, she is already a player! :P

Seriously though, reading some of the synopsis for future episodes gave me the impression that Sansa is going to play a much more aggresive role in organizing her own escape from Winterfell than Fake Arya did in the books. She is not going to be passive anymore imo, which elevates her to player status. D&D don't just warp character travel it seems, they now warp character growth. Just takes a little hair dye. :drunk:

I still think Arya is the most likely Stark to die. I've always had Sansa pegged as a survivor for some reason, these show changes haven't really altered that feeling.

In the more immediate future, I am not particularly convinced that Melisandre will journey south with Stannis. Even the fact that she says she will do so makes me think they are intentionally laying down this groundwork so that it will come as more of a surprise to both the audience and to Jon when she decides to stay, just when he thought he was getting rid of her.

Darth Sansa don't need to stinking training arc, she is already a player! :P

Seriously though, reading some of the synopsis for future episodes gave me the impression that Sansa is going to play a much more aggresive role in organizing her own escape from Winterfell than Fake Arya did in the books. She is not going to be passive anymore imo, which elevates her to player status. D&D don't just warp character travel it seems, they now warp character growth. Just takes a little hair dye. :drunk:

I still think Arya is the most likely Stark to die. I've always had Sansa pegged as a survivor for some reason, these show changes haven't really altered that feeling.

I thought it would be Arya for a long time, but GRRM's outline had me thinking it was Sansa on the chopping block, and the Sansa/Jeyne change, coupled with Sansa's AFFC arc being eliminated wholesale, convinced me.

Sansa seemed important to the story and therefore "safe" throughout TWOW because she seemed to be emerging in importance as an influential figure in the resource-rich Vale--either by marriage to Harry the Heir, through her influence over Sweetrobin, or in her own right as a Stark--but with her connection with the Vale severed in the show, that avenue of escape from irrelevance seems foreclosed to her.

I'm more skeptical about Sansa at Winterfell. I'm expecting Jeyne 2.0, with some Theon drama over Bran and Rickon thrown in.

The idea I'm currently occupied with is that Sam might be involved in Jon's assassination. We see him as his assistant (as in, he won't go to Oldtown), warning Jon that he mustn't take part in Westerosi politics. After receiving news that Sansa is wed to Ramsay, this will become increasingly hard for Jon (just like it was in the books). There might be a big fight between the two. I know that they did cast Bowen Marsh for this season, but we haven't seen much of him.

No way will Sam be part of the assassination. I think Maester Aemon is going to die - the show already told us he was sick. So when Aemon dies, I think Sam will be sent to Oldtown to train to be the new Maester of the watch. Gilly will sneak after him, and take her baby, and that gets those characters clear of the wall without the tedious baby switching plot. Shireen may or may not be sent along (I think Shireen will be sent to politically neutral Old Town, to get her away from whatever danger is going to manifest after Stannis leaves for Winterfell).

Brienne and Pod, I can see being apart of getting Sansa out of Winterfell.

Bronn, I think is going to die.

But as for Jamie, I have no damn idea. I'm pretty sure he's not going to die this season, but that's about all I'm sure of for his arch.

Quite true. Also, when Lady died, I knew or thought then that Sansa was doomed in some way or another and would not survive to the end of the series or books.

I thought it would be Arya for a long time, but GRRM's outline had me thinking it was Sansa on the chopping block, and the Sansa/Jeyne change, coupled with Sansa's AFFC arc being eliminated wholesale, convinced me.

Sansa seemed important to the story and therefore "safe" throughout TWOW because she seemed to be emerging in importance as an influential figure in the resource-rich Vale--either by marriage to Harry the Heir, through her influence over Sweetrobin, or in her own right as a Stark--but with her connection with the Vale severed in the show, that avenue of escape from irrelevance seems foreclosed to her.

I'm more skeptical about Sansa at Winterfell. I'm expecting Jeyne 2.0, with some Theon drama over Bran and Rickon thrown in.

WIth Mad Mouse positioned near her as a likely kidnapper, I never expected the whole Harry the Heir thing to come to much anyway. They've skipped out on most of her interactions with Sweetrobin, true, but he is still in the show at least. It's not hard to envision a future scene where Sansa charms him into throwing the Vale's support behind House Stark. One scene, that's all it takes for her to win the Vale. They are keeping him around for a reason I believe.

If Sansa becomes a resurgent House Stark's "politician" she could easly stay relevant and bring value to the table. Jon's busy with the war, Arya is an assassin (clearly not one for diplomacy either), Bran is a spy and Rickon is...just Rickon. Sansa brings things to the table that her siblings do not.

I also just realized that since Sweetrobin is in the show and Harry the Heir has not been cast....Sweetrobin is probably not going to die in the books! Doh! How did that not occur to me before :drunk:

D&D said that they were making Sansa's story this year really big. the interview regarding Sons of the Harpy, she looked like Cat, dress and hair combined. I am wondering if they are giving Sansa Stark a huge year, like a "Swan Song" and are actually going to kill her off but let Sophie Turner take on the role from now on of "Lady Stoneheart". I could very well see this happening now with all we have discussed on this.

No way will Sam be part of the assassination. I think Maester Aemon is going to die - the show already told us he was sick. So when Aemon dies, I think Sam will be sent to Oldtown to train to be the new Maester of the watch. Gilly will sneak after him, and take her baby, and that gets those characters clear of the wall without the tedious baby switching plot. Shireen may or may not be sent along (I think Shireen will be sent to politically neutral Old Town, to get her away from whatever danger is going to manifest after Stannis leaves for Winterfell).

I don't think Sam will be going to Oldtown in the show. Whatever he discovers in Oldtown they can have him discover in the library of Castle Black or at Winterfell. I think Sam will be involved in getting Shireen away from her mother and the risk of being torched and taking her to Stannis as a perversion of the book arc where he flees to Oldtown with Mance's son for the same reason. I just don't think they have screen time to cover Sam leaving and returning to the Wall.

just cause someone knows a lot of factoids or trivia about the books and series don't mean he/she would be good candidates to adapt it for television. In fact he/she probably wouldn't be since close adherence to the book would been disasters past book 2

When I call the show fanfiction.I do not mean it as demeaning.I just call it what it is.If there is food on a table , I call it food.It may be good or it may taste bad.

I read some fanfiction every now and then for my favourite fiction universes and I have read good fanfiction, average fanfiction and bad, really bad fanfiction and I have also tried to write some in my free time but I don't really have writing skills so I gave up.I probably wouldn't be able to adapt this.But there are many fans out there with a greater knowledge of ASOIAF , people who are legit writers themselves who I bet everything I have , given budget,they would do 100% better job than D&D.

I mean, Elio and Linda who run the forums, I bet if they had millions and were interested in making an adaptation, they would totally rock it!

I don't agree - Baelish speaks directly to her character development in this regard as she has seen the machinations of Cersei, Tyrion, and especially Littlefinger. Even Cersei trained her. If she was so expendable, D&D wouldn't have evolved her character into "Dark Sansa" for this season, they would have just left her as she was so they could toss her to the Boltons. The evolution of Sansa tells me that she is a "player" in the second half of the season. I do not think that her arc will mirror the book's abuse of Jeyne.

Ghost of Winterfell perhaps?

This is interesting as The Blackfish was close to Littlefinger and Edmure growing up. Also, The Blackfish served in the Vale after Robert's Rebellion until Tywin invaded the Riverlands. The Blackfish has ties to the Vale and Littlefinger. Might he make an appearance to help his neice?

Archived