Jon's father isn't Ned or Rhaegar: a serious contender for Jon's real parentage

ReturnofHodor

On the issue of Ned not telling Cat, honestly that was the masterstroke in the ultimate deception in these novels. She never has to feign her disdain for Jon, its real, and it bolsters the cover of the Bastard story to everyone watching.

On the issue of Ned not telling Cat, honestly that was the masterstroke in the ultimate deception in these novels. She never has to feign her disdain for Jon, its real, and it bolsters the cover of the Bastard story to everyone watching.

This to.

It also goes along with another thread about naming one of their daughters Lyanna. The less attention to the truth, the safer it is.

And when did Ned forge his link in medicine with a specialty in urology?

Masester Luwin was the one taking care of him. You don't think it's possible he would know and share that knowledge with Ned and Cat off "off screen?" The snark is strong in this one.

I hereby dub this theory as B+L=J.

Something I never understood about Ned and Catelyn was the fact that Ned would never even tell his own wife about Jon's true parentage. Suppose Rhaegar and Lyanna really were Jon's parents as theorized. Catelyn would have treated Jon much more kindly if Ned told Catelyn the truth, and Jon would have never needed to suffer as a result. Jon didn't deserve to go through the abuse he did and Ned is responsible for allowing that. Is Ned really that bad of a person? I don't think so.

I think the real truth must have been something much worse than that. Something that would have completely crushed Catelyn to the very core. And it had to have been something involving her children.. but then, who out of her children could have fathered Jon? After all, admittedly, none of them were old enough to. But we know that one child CAN travel in time now: Bran.

My guess is that in the next two books, Bran will even gain the ability to influence past events with his physical body as he is a prodigy. And he will meet Lyanna, comfort her during her loneliness, charm her and make love to her, as she had been kidnapped by the creep Rhaegar. Bran would have also been the only one to be able to travel to the Tower of Joy and avoid the Kingsguard members, via weirwood trees.

Targaryens have done worse in the past. GRRM would have no problem writing something like this.

I fully expect this to be a serious contender among theories on Jon's real parentage until it's actually revealed. I look forward to seeing the debates that will follow!

Sir I will answer your first question the reason why he did not tell Cat because if he did Cat urge him tell King, Cat have a political mind she wanted her children for greatness (Sansa for Queen) the other part of your TOPIC I don't understand what you are talking about.

I'm impressed that no one else has thought of this yet. I think I'm really onto something here.

Rhaegar couldn't have ever impregnated Lyanna since Rhaegar wouldn't cheat on his wife. That would have been really wrong.

Yes, it would be wrong.

If GRRM takes a year off after winds and loses his mojo again this forum is going to implode with idiot theories

If GRRM takes only a year off post-TWoW, we should consider ourselves fortunate indeed.

I believe it is Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne, but lot of people says the dates do not match (is the parents.) Theory that Brandon marry Ashara in secret, but he had to go along with engagement with Cat.

There is not only a timing problem with B+A=J, but also a motivation problem. Why on earth would Ned need to hide his bastard with Ashara? If Brandon had married Ashara, Ned would only be regent to Jon, who'd be Lord of Winterfell. But as it happens, there's no way that Brandon could have married Ashara before he died.

There's also the problem of what Jon's existence did to Ned and Cat's marriage. If Jon grew up as Brandon's bastard son, warmhearted Cat would have loved him. Ned didn't betray his vows, and bastards can't inherit, so there's no threat to Robb. Jon might had had the emptiness of not knowing his parents, but Ned could then foster him with Arthur and Ashara's brother, Lord of Starfall. He'd know both his Dornish and his Northern heritage, and I wouldn't be so bothered by half the fandom trying to fix him up with Arya or Sansa. It'd be perfectly fine, since he's their cousin, and Arya as second daughter would be perfect. Bingo.

But B+A=J is a poor resolution for the central mystery of the series. 5 books and two decades later, we have no canon confirmation of Jon's parentage. There are far too many clues for R+L=J. Chekov's gun...

Why do you guys think this theory is stupid?

Mostly because of all the leaps to make it work, namely the specific aspect of a greenseer not being able to influence the past. It is literally spelled out for the character and the reader. It is what makes the experience a bit tragic for Bran. He can see his dead loved ones and feel so close to them he can almost reach out to them, but when he does, there is only a rustling of leaves in the wind. For bran to go back in time and impregnate his Aunt and father Jon Snow, all predicated on the fantasy/assumption that bran will gain even more powers is completely out of character/style of the author and the story. It is a reach based on assumptions that have nothing to do with the story. It is not insightful or clever in my opinion. It seems to be one of the many bits of fan fic posted out of spite towards R+L=J.

Mostly because of all the leaps to make it work, namely the specific aspect of a greenseer not being able to influence the past. It is literally spelled out for the character and the reader. It is what makes the experience a bit tragic for Bran. He can see his dead loved ones and feel so close to them he can almost reach out to them, but when he does, there is only a rustling of leaves in the wind. For bran to go back in time and impregnate his Aunt and father Jon Snow, all predicated on the fantasy/assumption that bran will gain even more powers is completely out of character/style of the author and the story. It is a reach based on assumptions that have nothing to do with the story. It is not insightful or clever in my opinion. It seems to be one of the many bits of fan fic posted out of spite towards R+L=J.

Stahp. You're doing exactly what he wants you to do,

I have something better;

The Doctor and Lyanna are Jon's parents.

The Doctor visited Westeros where he met oldBran and during his 26th regeneration he used OldBran's face. He then met Lyanna and stole her in his TARDIS. They had few adventures before she realized that she was pregnant by him. He then and because he was dying his final death, gave her to Rhaegar to keep her safe. But she died giving birth to Jon and he died in Trenzalore. That means that Jon is Time Lord needs to destroy the Ring, destroy the Horcruxes, find Wally, kill the Volturi, cure Rumple's dark heart and bring balance to the Force.

The end.

I have something better;

The Doctor and Lyanna are Jon's parents.

The Doctor visited Westeros where he met oldBran and during his 26th regeneration he used OldBran's face. He then met Lyanna and stole her in his TARDIS. They had few adventures before she realized that she was pregnant by him. He then and because he was dying his final death, gave her to Rhaegar to keep her safe. But she died giving birth to Jon and he died in Trenzalore. That means that Jon is Time Lord needs to destroy the Ring, destroy the Horcruxes, find Wally, kill the Volturi, cure Rumpl's dark heart and bring balance to the Force.

The end.

Amazing!

Archived