N + L = J?

Hrulj

Jon is always described looking as a pure start, much more stark looking than any of other Stark children. Which was also one of the main reasons why Catlyn despised him so much and felt insecure.

What if Ned didnt lie that he is indeed father of Jon. But he never could say who the mother is due to the outrage it would cause not only with Robert, but with all of westeros?

Other than you wanting to discover some shocking secret in the book, what shred of evidence do you have that Ned slept with this sister?

Why not say the name of the mother to anyone?

Why would Lyana run away, and stay with Rhaegar while his family killed her father/brother? Unless she was also running from 2 spurned lowers

Why would Lyana run away, and stay with Rhaegar while his family killed her father/brother? Unless she was also running from 2 spurned lowers

Ned did not tell anyone the truth because he was committing High Treason against his King in order to protect his nephew per his promise to Lyanna

Lyanna ran either because she was in love with Rhaegar or in danger fro Aerys... or both.

Good fucking grief. What is it with all of these threads trying to dispute the most text-based theory (besides maybe the Clegane theories) that we have? Is it just hipsterism, or people trying to look clever? Because all I see is "Hurr durr look at me, I'm sooo different and original".

Ned is disgusted when he realizes that Jaime is the father of Cersei's children. So no way he ever felt anything other than brotherly toward Lyanna. Two of his three sons are named after his father and his elder brother. So the only one left is Benjen who was a boy. If Jon is Lyanna's son the father is not a Stark.

Anyway, the timeline for this is all wrong. She had been missing about a year when Jon was born, so unless Ned got to her somehow during the war or she had a ridiculously long pregnancy (not medically possible), yeah. . . There's no way.

Also, see my signature for more on my opinion on this theory.

I don't know maybe because everyone would had betrayed him?

Maybe because she was a teen and he was an emo charming prince?

Okay wait, show a bit more respect. No need to be rude.

It is possible, after all (correct me if I'm wrong) but most of R+L=J comes from the fact that he's lyanna's son. The only main proof for the R is that Ned kept his identity hidden, because it's treason. Isn't incest treason? Catelyn did say whoever Jon's mother was Ned must have loved her fiercely because no matter what she said he didn't send Jon away.

It is possible, after all (correct me if I'm wrong) but most of R+L=J comes from the fact that he's lyanna's son. The only main proof for the R is that Ned kept his identity hidden, because it's treason. Isn't incest treason? Catelyn did say whoever Jon's mother was Ned must have loved her fiercely because no matter what she said he didn't send Jon away.

There is a lot more to R+L=J than Jon is probably Lyanna's so he must Rhaegar's.

The Timeline points to it. The 3 King's Guard at the Tower points to it. Daenerys' visions point to it. The mystery surrounding how everyone in the book thinks about Rhaegar vs Rhaegar kidnapping Lyanna. ETC...

There is a lot more to R+L=J than Jon is probably Lyanna's so he must Rhaegar's.

The Timeline points to it. The 3 King's Guard at the Tower points to it. Daenerys' visions point to it. The mystery surrounding how everyone in the book thinks about Rhaegar vs Rhaegar kidnapping Lyanna. ETC...

Dany's vision was a blue rose growing on the wall, that's 100% lyanna.

Kingsguard might be there because she was ashamed of her reletionship and lied.

Ok fine. That happened.

BUT what exactly is the significance for the story? And why would Lyanna, who you claim ran from Ned, want Ned to promise her anything? Nothing adds up, sorry.

I think is creating these sweeping theories, it has to be considered how it fits into the story. Jon is clearly important to the story, and not just as another character who will do something important, but one of the primary characters in the resolution. How exactly does Jon being the love child of Ned/Lyanna create a character who is destined for greatness?

There is also the title of the book, which is widely believed to be some of the first pieces of the R+L=J theory.

BUT there is also Jon's final chapter. If he was the love child of Lyanna and Ned, why would his wound be smoking? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Archived