OK who dies to make Lightbringer v2?

hallam

It seems pretty sure that Jon is being set up as the Prince who was Promised. Which means he needs the right sword. Now how do those get made again?

Oh right, he has to plunge it into his wife's breast.

I can't see any living character who fits or can fit. Ygrite is dead. The White walkers are not going to wait long enough for Jon to have another love of his life and kill her.

Then I had an idea. Rhaegar is obsessed by the prophecy. Wouldn't he have a sword made? Well that makes sense and avoids the need for Jon to spend 100 days making a sword. Though isn't it a little bit of a clue that he made needle?

Now lets say Lyanna has the sword with the baby at the tower of joy. She uses it on herself and it is buried in the Winterfell crypt. That explains the bloody bed and the need to bury Lyanna in the crypt.

The only other option would be that Mel dies to make Lightbringer. But that isn't exactly a huge sacrifice, is it?

Jon kills Arya to make Lightbringer would not be in character.

If Rhaegar did make the sword and Lyanna did stab herself with it, then its possible that the sword is the one that Ned left at Starfall with the Daynes. Also, Jon didn't make it, he paid the blacksmith at Winterfell to make it. Also, its the Azor Ahai prophecy that has the Lightbringer sword, not the Prince that was Promised. And I'm pretty sure that Jaime was set up to become Azor Ahai.

In regards to Rhaegar, I think the "sword" that he was attempting to make was a child. Azor Ahai tried to make Lightbringer twice and failed. In the third attempt, he had to sacrifice his own wife. Rhaegar had two children. The maesters said that Elia having another child would kill her. Instead of sacrificing his wife, he attempted to circumvent "death of the wife" part of the prophecy through Lyanna which, as we know, failed miserably and both women died.

We also have Ice melted down into two swords: Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail. Brienne has the potential to "forge" Oathkeeper into a form of Lightbringer if she truly ends up sacrficing Jaime. Widow's Wail? Possibly Jaime if he sacrifices Cersei? Ultimately, I see both of these swords ending up back in the hands of the Starks, signifying two new branches of Starks - Winterfell Starks and ... "Wherever" (King's Landing? Harrenhal?) Starks. Jon possibly receives one, while one of the Stark siblings (Rickon? Sansa? Arya?) receives the other.

There are three stages to the forging of light bringer the water, the lion, and the wife

Ice was a normal VS sword: the water

Ice was reforged into OK and WW by the lannisters: the lion

Jaime is going to stab OK through the hart of stone hart who poseses the kiss of fire: the wife

Then the sword needs to get to Jon some how but I don't have any idea how that's going to happen.

How about Jon?

Jon dies and is awoken by R'hllor so it's his blood that awakens lightbringer. The perfect example of this is what Beric's blood does to his own plain sword when he fights the hound. The blade breaks because it's too weak. Valyrian steel would probably be strong enough to tolerate the heat.

How many nights did azor labour all up? 50?

I believe the sword has already been forged (it's the same sword weilded by AA) except it needs to be replunged perhaps? That sword would be dawn but could dark star be AAR?

The daynes house/history/sword and the name of their "honoured knight" sword I'm the morning just scream the AAR idea to me

In regards to Rhaegar, I think the "sword" that he was attempting to make was a child. Azor Ahai tried to make Lightbringer twice and failed. In the third attempt, he had to sacrifice his own wife. Rhaegar had two children. The maesters said that Elia having another child would kill her. Instead of sacrificing his wife, he attempted to circumvent "death of the wife" part of the prophecy through Lyanna which, as we know, failed miserably and both women died.

We also have Ice melted down into two swords: Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail. Brienne has the potential to "forge" Oathkeeper into a form of Lightbringer if she truly ends up sacrficing Jaime. Widow's Wail? Possibly Jaime if he sacrifices Cersei? Ultimately, I see both of these swords ending up back in the hands of the Starks, signifying two new branches of Starks - Winterfell Starks and ... "Wherever" (King's Landing? Harrenhal?) Starks. Jon possibly receives one, while one of the Stark siblings (Rickon? Sansa? Arya?) receives the other.

Jon already has a Valyrian blade from Mormont. No need for him to get a second.

During the war against the other, two valyrian blades are better than one. But look at where the two swords end up. Widows Wail is in the hands of the Lannister family which will ultimately go to Tyrion after Cersei gets her just deserts. Oathkeeper is with Brienne who is sworn to the Starks.

Brienne surely has to meet up with Sansa in the WoW and not just because thats what happens in the show. Brienne has sworn an oath to protect the Stark girls and she has to eventually save at least one of them. Arya does not need her help so it has to be Sansa. Since she knows that oathkeeper is actually part of Ice, it surely goes back to the Starks.

So Tyrion gets one half of Ice and Sansa gets the other oh and they are already married. I think that plotline is capped by reforging Ice from te two swords.

There are three stages to the forging of light bringer the water, the lion, and the wife

Ice was a normal VS sword: the water

Ice was reforged into OK and WW by the lannisters: the lion

Jaime is going to stab OK through the hart of stone hart who poseses the kiss of fire: the wife

Then the sword needs to get to Jon some how but I don't have any idea how that's going to happen.

The water was Brienne killing the Bloody Mummers at the Whispers, right next to the sea

The lion will be her killing Jaime to save Pod

And Nissa Nissa will be her killing Stoneheart. Notice the similarities between Nissa and Mhysa. Stoneheart is the Mother, and back in Clash Davos saw that the statue of the Mother had a burning sword through the heart.

Oh, and her killing Stoneheart will be a mirroring of Jaime killing Aerys, since Brienne also swore to protect Cat. So she would be breaking her oath with Oathkeeper, which is deliciously ironic.

Jon already has a Valyrian blade from Mormont. No need for him to get a second.

During the war against the other, two valyrian blades are better than one. But look at where the two swords end up. Widows Wail is in the hands of the Lannister family which will ultimately go to Tyrion after Cersei gets her just deserts. Oathkeeper is with Brienne who is sworn to the Starks.

Brienne surely has to meet up with Sansa in the WoW and not just because thats what happens in the show. Brienne has sworn an oath to protect the Stark girls and she has to eventually save at least one of them. Arya does not need her help so it has to be Sansa. Since she knows that oathkeeper is actually part of Ice, it surely goes back to the Starks.

So Tyrion gets one half of Ice and Sansa gets the other oh and they are already married. I think that plotline is capped by reforging Ice from te two swords.

With Jorah most likely returning to Westeros along with Daenerys, the ancestoral sword may be returned to him. There's also no guarantee that Jon will have Longclaw after his stabbing.

I can see Sansa and her future children having Oathkeeper, but I'm not sure what purpose it serves to have Tyrion end up with Widow's Wail. Tyrion is already married to Sansa. No need for two of these swords in one family. If their marriage is annulled, he is no longer has any relation to any Stark and has no business holding a Stark sword.

The water was Brienne killing the Bloody Mummers at the Whispers, right next to the sea

The lion will be her killing Jaime to save Pod

And Nissa Nissa will be her killing Stoneheart. Notice the similarities between Nissa and Mhysa. Stoneheart is the Mother, and back in Clash Davos saw that the statue of the Mother had a burning sword through the heart.

Oh, and her killing Stoneheart will be a mirroring of Jaime killing Aerys, since Brienne also swore to protect Cat. So she would be breaking her oath with Oathkeeper, which is deliciously ironic.

Interesting idea. I like it.

Archived