Arya stays, but goodbye Maisie?

The Emberheart

I'm a troll if I don't like show-Arya and Maisie? That's ridiculous and insulting.

Listen, every show has its filler scenes. The filler scenes of this season happen to be Arya's. And for last season as well.

Also, recasting Arya isn't ludicrous. Tons of other, more important characters to the plot, have been recasted in the past within the show.

More important characters like mountain, dario and myrcella? What are you talking about?

I'm a troll if I don't like show-Arya and Maisie? That's ridiculous and insulting.

Listen, every show has its filler scenes. The filler scenes of this season happen to be Arya's. And for last season as well.

Also, recasting Arya isn't ludicrous. Tons of other, more important characters to the plot, have been recasted in the past within the show.

For a guy with Arya's name in your own, you really underestimate her so much it's kind of strange

I suspect that if Arya swaps faces, she'll still be portrayed by MW, but Arya will be shown looking in the mirror and seeing another face. The X-Files did this in an episode where Mulder and some dude swapped bodies, I think. DD continued to play the Mulder character even after the body swap.

I'm not sure if the prostitute from the trailer with pigtails is supposed to be a face-swapped Arya or not.

From the books I imagined Arya as stick-thin and athletic, but Maisie Williams has really made the role her own and I can't imagine her being played by anyone else, unless there's a twist where effectively she is no longer 'Arya' and becomes stuck with a new face. Plus she is a major character who is presumably being given so much screen and book time because she has a significant part to play in the end game. I guess it's more likely that she may be played briefly by other actors, in a similar way to Jaqen, or a simple device adopted like Newstar suggests.

I'm not at all suggesting that everyone has to be an Arya (show/book) and/or Maisie fan, but it's not good to post unsubstantiated rumours.

For a guy with Arya's name in your own, you really underestimate her so much it's kind of strange

I'm just realistic.

More important characters like mountain, dario and myrcella? What are you talking about?

Those characters are more important. The mountain is obviously a big deal to Cersei and Sandor, Daario is a big deal to Dany, and Myrcella is a Lannister.

I suspect that if Arya swaps faces, she'll still be portrayed by MW, but Arya will be shown looking in the mirror and seeing another face. The X-Files did this in an episode where Mulder and some dude swapped bodies, I think. DD continued to play the Mulder character even after the body swap.

I'm not sure if the prostitute from the trailer with pigtails is supposed to be a face-swapped Arya or not.

That is way too tedious and confusing for a plotline that already has people confused. I'm willing to bet my life that they cut Maisie from the payroll and replace her for good.

I think they should make due with Maise. After all, the fans are invested in her. Atleast that is why they chose Sansa instead of casting Jeyne Poole.

Well, there's a difference between Maisie-Arya and Sophie-Sansa. Sophie is much more connected with the fans while the fans are sort of distant with Maisie. They don't really care whether or not they see Maisie or Arya in the episode, while the opposite can be said of Sophie and Sansa.

I wonder who these generic 'fans' are. Everyone I know who watches it is at least a bit fond of Arya, while a couple of them are still pretty indifferent about Sansa. I know Sansa's popularity has grown a lot since the early episodes (I count myself as one of the 'converts' both to the character and Sophie's acting), but I still picked up a fair bit of disappointment that Arya wasn't in the first episode.

I'm just realistic

Don't need to try so hard as to rename yourself man. Do you know who else hasn't been "important" in your sense? Daenerys. Arya doesn't seem important yet because it's not her time (you seriously think GRRM is giving her the THIRD most chapters for nothing?!)

Don't need to try so hard as to rename yourself man. Do you know who else hasn't been "important" in your sense? Daenerys. Arya doesn't seem important yet because it's not her time (you seriously think GRRM is giving her the THIRD most chapters for nothing?!)

Check my profile, friend. I'm not hiding anything. I just updated the ancient name to suit my current interests.

Dany is the most important character so far, so that is a silly statement (no offense intended here). I'm not into speculation on what could happen to the Arya character. I'm basing my statements on the past and the present--the facts.

Check my profile, friend. I'm not hiding anything. I just updated the ancient name to suit my current interests.

Dany is the most important character so far, so that is a silly statement (no offense intended here). I'm not into speculation on what could happen to the Arya character. I'm basing my statements on the past and the present--the facts.

Dany is the most important so far, based on what ? She hasn't done anything that affects the overall current storyline ( and no, dragons saving the world stuff is definitely speculation so don't base on that). Also just so you know, the last tomboy character like Arya I've know of in a fantasy series literally became a goddess and saved the world, I'm not saying Arya needs to be like her, but Chekhov's Gun, man, she has a purpose.

According to you in this thread so far - fans are turning on Maisie, she isn't talented, she isn't attractive.

I think you are wrong on all three points. A lot of people probably think you are wrong on all three points. Naughty Dog studios, who wanted her to play Ellie in The Last of Us film, think you are wrong. Dave, Dan, George, and all the people who actually make these decisions think you are wrong.

Do you work at Naughty Dog? Do you work with David, Dan, and George? My conclusions are just as valid as yours.

Dany is the most important so far, based on what ? She hasn't done anything that affects the overall current storyline ( and no, dragons saving the world stuff is definitely speculation so don't base on that). Also just so you know, the last tomboy character like Arya I've know of in a fantasy series literally became a goddess and saved the world, I'm not saying Arya needs to be like her, but Chekhov's Gun, man, she has a purpose.

Dany is one of the last members of the Targaryen family. She has dragons. She has taken over cities. She has ruled a city.

Also, this series is not the series you are talking about. Saying she has a purpose is a complete conjecture.

Dany is one of the last members of the Targaryen family. She has dragons. She has taken over cities. She has ruled a city.

Also, this series is not the series you are talking about. Saying she has a purpose is a complete conjecture.

And has done absolutely nothing that affects the overall storyline, only her own, which is exactly how Arya's story has been going really, to develop the main characters before their arcs come to the important point.

Yeah, just waste 34 chapters, enough to make a book on themselves to tell nothing. If you can think that way of a series you like then there's no point arguing. Just wait and see.

And has done absolutely nothing that affects the overall storyline, only her own, which is exactly how Arya's story has been going really, to develop the main characters before their arcs come to the important point.

Yeah, just waste 34 chapters, enough to make a book on themselves to tell nothing. If you can think that way of a series you like then there's no point arguing. Just wait and see.

Like I've said before, in some other thread or another, Arya is a camera. Not an actual character of note. She is just a pathway to seeing things that actually matter, like the poor parts of Westeros, the torture, the effects of war on the continent, the ways of Braavos, etc. The character herself has no purpose. Her purpose is only served to be a lense into more important things.

Do you work at Naughty Dog? Do you work with David, Dan, and George? My conclusions are just as valid as yours.

It's true that your conclusions are just as valid as mine. They aren't as valid, however, as the conclusions of those previously mentioned.

Naughty Dog was (and maybe still is) in talks with her to play Ellie. Now, I don't know anyone at Naughty Dog, but Sam Raimi and Neil Druckman both met with Maisie about the part. I assume that they wouldn't meet with someone about the starring role in the first Naughty Dog movie if they didn't think she was talented. That's a leap of logic, I know, but I'm sticking by it.

Martin, Benioff, Weiss and others involved in the show have all praised her talent on several occasions.

Do you have any examples of industry people or those affiliated with GoT disparaging her abilities as an actress?

Like I've said before, in some other thread or another, Arya is a camera. Not an actual character of note. She is just a pathway to seeing things that actually matter, like the poor parts of Westeros, the torture, the effects of war on the continent, the ways of Braavos, etc. The character herself has no purpose. Her purpose is only served to be a lense into more important things.

And you can actually say the exact same things about Dany. She is there to serve as a camera into the Dothraki , the Qarth and Slaver's Bay cultures. You only think her story is more important due to her being famous to the people, here lies the contrast, Daenerys becoming more well-known while Arya becoming No One. But in the end, both storylines haven't done much on the GOT or the War with the Others, they have both been about developing the characters for some future events.

Archived