Arya stays, but goodbye Maisie?

The Emberheart

Age isn't a big deal in the show. It's been easy enough to write the timeline as advancing faster than the books do. For the face changing my guess is she'll look in the mirror and we'll see another face but the actress will be herself for everything else to represent the magic involved.

LOL, no. Maisie is already 18. If she's not a great beauty now--and I think most would acknowledge that she is not--she's not going to turn into one, and she's not even one of the prettier girls on the show, let alone Elizabeth Taylor material. Even Sophie Turner, whose looks I personally think are overrated but who photographs very well, isn't Elizabeth Taylor material, and she's far more beautiful than Maisie.

With all that said, beauty or not, Maisie is very talented, she's perfect for Arya, and I'd be shocked if the actress were dumped. I dunno what kind of career she could have post-GOT, once she ages out of the spunky kid roles, but England seems less strict with respect to demanding physical perfection from its actors and actresses. I think she could have a great career without being a leading lady stunner. The comedian Miranda Hart's being working steadily for years and even headlined her own series for a while.

I wasn't suggesting Maisie was Taylor material, but anyone with eyes can see how their youthful faces have similar characteristics. Neither was I claiming that Maisie would be "a great beauty" whatever that might mean.

There is nothing magic about 18. Many people change their appearance fundamentally during the college years or even afterwards. And many, many cute 18 year olds disintegrate practically overnight.

It is very true that the British have much more elastic standards for feminine beauty whereas Americans have very rigid and stereotypical ideas of beauty, e.g. ridiculously large breasts.

I just want Maisie to grow up and grow her hair out and look like this already..

Raina

http://antm411.files...jpg?w=480&h=640

Maisie

http://i.imgur.com/aLPf788.jpg

Of course she's not gonna look "model perfect" but still, with the right make-up and styling and proper contouring here and there they can definitely pull it off. I mean if they can put a scar on Tyrion and make it look real then they can put on prosthetics on her if the power of make-up isn't enough.

In the end, it's fine because GoT doesn't really follow 'beauty' that much anyway. I mean Lena as Cersei is pretty but not AS pretty as she should be like in the books.

Personally, I find Lena gorgeous.

Those of you who are especially young really have no sense of beauty because the media praise certain celebrities who aren't particularly gorgeous, creating really distorted perceptions.

The original poster of this threat obviously has some real problems, but s/he is not alone in our culture.

Rumer Willis was presented on "Dancing with the Stars" as the victim of bullying because some twisted kids perceived her as ugly. Apparently, American's brilliant young connoisseurs of beauty couldn't see her features are exact duplicates her mother's although her skull is shaped very differentlyand some of the proportions are different. Rumer isn't Demi, but she cannot possibly be considered ugly.

Beauty is always subjective, but attacking other human beings because they don't fit your personal image of beauty is beyond wrong. It is twisted in a very dangerous way.

There are certain standard measurable proportions for facial beauty, proportions which go back thousands of years. But even so, many hundreds of thousands, if not millions of humans manage to project beauty with or without those proportions. Beauty is complex and includes what shines from within. This is not rocket science. Anyone who reads and is observant can figure all of this out.

Seems to me as if you're trying to project your personal dislike unto little more than rumours and pretend it's more than that. I love Maisie as Arya - she does a splendid job of it. And Arya's very important to the story. Are you watching the same series as I am?

I wasn't suggesting Maisie was Taylor material, but anyone with eyes can see how their youthful faces have similar characteristics. Neither was I claiming that Maisie would be "a great beauty" whatever that might mean.

There is nothing magic about 18. Many people change their appearance fundamentally during the college years or even afterwards. And many, many cute 18 year olds disintegrate practically overnight.

It is very true that the British have much more elastic standards for feminine beauty whereas Americans have very rigid and stereotypical ideas of beauty, e.g. ridiculously large breasts.

Personally, I find Lena gorgeous.

Those of you who are especially young really have no sense of beauty because the media praise certain celebrities who aren't particularly gorgeous, creating really distorted perceptions.

The original poster of this threat obviously has some real problems, but s/he is not alone in our culture.

Rumer Willis was presented on "Dancing with the Stars" as the victim of bullying because some twisted kids perceived her as ugly. Apparently, American's brilliant young connoisseurs of beauty couldn't see her features are exact duplicates her mother's although her skull is shaped very differentlyand some of the proportions are different. Rumer isn't Demi, but she cannot possibly be considered ugly.

Beauty is always subjective, but attacking other human beings because they don't fit your personal image of beauty is beyond wrong. It is twisted in a very dangerous way.

There are certain standard measurable proportions for facial beauty, proportions which go back thousands of years. But even so, many hundreds of thousands, if not millions of humans manage to project beauty with or without those proportions. Beauty is complex and includes what shines from within. This is not rocket science. Anyone who reads and is observant can figure all of this out.

"Personally, I find Lena gorgeous.

Those of you who are especially young really have no sense of beauty because the media praise certain celebrities who aren't particularly gorgeous, creating really distorted perceptions."

Well, I too find her really beautiful. But I just don't see her as this "medieval" beauty that she should be like in the books. I even think Lena as Cersei looks more like a beautiful modern day woman, which, I don't think fits the standard of beauty for the medieval people. The ones who kinda fit the standard are Melisandre and Sansa.

Also, yes, beauty is subjective. But you can't deny it, different times have different standards of beauty aswell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrp0zJZu0a4

beauty is subjective, but 'trends' heavily inluence it. Personally, I see beauty in every shape and size, but since this thread has been discussing about Maisie's beauty, I just thought I'd share that make-up and contouring(I'm a make-up artist/stylist for pageant hopefuls in my country) can change her to face to make her "beautiful" either by media's standards of beauty or the Medieval age's standard. That was my point.

Also, english isn't my first language, so sorry if I'm making grammatical errors.

I never thought that Maisie Williams fit the physical image I have of Arya from the books; but she is a fierce, charismatic actress who has made the role her own, hopefully as the start of a distinguished acting career if that's what the young lady wishes to do with her life.

Arya Stark is one of the most important characters. They won't ever recast her.

Tbh we don't really know that, do we?

I expect her to become highly important aswell (why invest that much time in her char otherwise) but atm we just don't know what her story will lead to and how important a person she will become.

So basically you dont like Maisie, so youre making a bunch if shit up about "people" not being happy with her abd that shes gonna be replaced. I've never read anything bad about her.

What have you got against Maise that you want her gone? :frown5:

Recasting minor characters like The Mountain and Myrcella is one thing, recasting a Stark is a whole other ball game. I can't ever envision them doing something that drastic.

My guess, they will simply not have Arya do any face changing at all. In the show universe only people deemed to be No One can use those, and Arya, as Jaqen just said last episode, is not ready for that. She will probably abandon her training before she ever reaches that point with them. They will have taught her to lie better so that she can play roles more effectively, so that people can't spot her lies the way Tywin did. And they will teach her about poisons, good ways to kill, etc. That is all she needs to know to embark on her vengeance quest.

I don't think Maisie is going anywhere. She's already played Arya and Arry and Nan and now a servant at the House of Black & White. They've been great at coming up with different looks for her. And of course she's growing up!

Because those actors are more important to the show than Maisie, I think. And their characters are more important too and the actors are more popular than her. Sophie is turning into a big star so she's more indisposable.

Mr. Notinthisseason is more important than Arya?

Archived