Arya stays, but goodbye Maisie?

The Emberheart

Oh, please.

Maisie doesn't look young enough, but Sophie Turner is ok? Natalie Dormer? Emilia Clarke? Hell, even Gwendoline is supposed to be a young adult!

And how can you complain about Arya not looking like her book-counterpart? Except for Ned, Cat and Benjen, none of the Starks look like their counterparts.

I don't think Bean and Fairley look particularly close to Ned and Cat tbh. They were aged up just like the kids were. I actually picture Ned looking more like the guy playing Benjen.

I don't think Bean and Fairley look particularly close to Ned and Cat tbh. They were aged up just like the kids were. I actually picture Ned looking more like the guy playing Benjen.

The guy who played Benjen is exactly how I imagined the "Stark look". I sure hope we see him again.

The guy who played Benjen is exactly how I imagined the "Stark look". I sure hope we see him again.

Ooooh, yes, he had the perfect look. Sean Bean, not so much. Ned and Jaime looked like they could be brothers, though.

Maisie is the one who has aged the least out of all the Stark children who started the series as kids.

I get the feeling that the remaining Stark children have a part to play in the end game of ASOIAF, and Maisie isn't going anywhere. If they recast her, the internet would implode, and the rage would reach heretofore unknown levels that would endanger life on Earth.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if Sansa ended up on the Iron Throne (since all roads lead to Jon...... yet will he accept?) And Arya will be her hand, and head of her Queen's Guard, because she's just that awesome.

Or.....something else will happen. :dunno:

Perhaps it's time for AWOIAF to start our

own version of the "Razzies"?

I hereby decree this thread the annual frontrunner for the

prestigious 2015 "Golden Turd" award-http://www.gatefans.net/gforums/attachments/images-duckduckgo-com-png.30103/

Along with this nomination I decree the OP a certified recipient of

the following title-https://joanharvest.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dumbass.gif

Could be, but we haven't even seen her in that other set of clothing that she was wearing in previews yet. So I think it might be a bit early to say she's leaving.

Here's the costume I'm referring to:

http://cnet3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/2015/03/11/78a66fb1-4aa0-4ef5-8823-2d8443a0628d/4cd649910f0c5ff35390a0d0d050cd18/arya-stark.jpg

That's gonna be what she is wearing when she kills Ser Meryn.

LOL, no. Maisie is already 18. If she's not a great beauty now--and I think most would acknowledge that she is not--she's not going to turn into one, and she's not even one of the prettier girls on the show, let alone Elizabeth Taylor material. Even Sophie Turner, whose looks I personally think are overrated but who photographs very well, isn't Elizabeth Taylor material, and she's far more beautiful than Maisie.

With all that said, beauty or not, Maisie is very talented, she's perfect for Arya, and I'd be shocked if the actress were dumped. I dunno what kind of career she could have post-GOT, once she ages out of the spunky kid roles, but England seems less strict with respect to demanding physical perfection from its actors and actresses. I think she could have a great career without being a leading lady stunner. The comedian Miranda Hart's being working steadily for years and even headlined her own series for a while.

Maisie is gorgeous. Even your seeing-eye service dog thinks so. ;)

According to a new EW article, Maisie says she'll be working on a new TV show after she finishes with Thrones. Thoughts? It makes the recast thing seem more realistic, that's for sure. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/22/game-thrones-maisie-williams-interview/

As a member of three performing unions, (it used to be four, but two merged), let me explain how this works.

Commercials make you sign exclusivity contracts, meaning if you do a Coke commercial, you can't do one for any Pepsi product, because that's a clear conflict of interest. Film and television rarely do that, if ever.

Jonathan Pryce also recently did Wolf Hall and Game of Thrones and was able to fit both into his schedule. Jerome Flynn is also on the show Ripper Street. NCW, Lena, Peter D, Sophie, Emelia, Kit, Maisie, and even Charles Dance have been making films while simultaneously being on Game of Thrones.

just because Maisie got another TV gig doesn't mean she can't still play Arya too.

I'm a troll if I don't like show-Arya and Maisie? That's ridiculous and insulting.

Listen, every show has its filler scenes. The filler scenes of this season happen to be Arya's. And for last season as well.

Also, recasting Arya isn't ludicrous. Tons of other, more important characters to the plot, have been recasted in the past within the show.

Name 1 character more important to the plot than Arya that has been recast?

Tommen - lol

Myrcella - lol

Daario - you are delusional if you think he is more important to plot

Ser Gregor Clegan (The Mountain) - they don't even need a proper actor for this role, just a huge mountain of a man who looks the part and can do the fight scenes well.

Or when Meryn kills her. It wouldn't make sense for a little girl to kill an experienced knight. Arya is a goner.

😂😂😂 seriously what has Maisie done to you. She's fantastically talented, just watch cyberbully she killed it. Arya is one of 'the big 5' there's not a chance in 7 hells she's getting replaced.

Can I have some of whatever your smoking because you seem to be having one hell of a trip.

Or when Meryn kills her. It wouldn't make sense for a little girl to kill an experienced knight. Arya is a goner.A

Arya's progression over several seasons as a character and in particular her training in the House of Black and White could perfectly logically lead to her killing an experienced knight.

That's not to say she is going to do so via a swordfight.

Arya WILL kill Trant. It won't be a traditional swordfight though where Arya just plain outduels him. I agree with you ithat that wouldn't be realistic at this point. Arya is still too young and not trained enough.

However, she will murder Trant via another means, like an assassin does. She may sneak up on him somehow or catch him unawares and stab him in the heart or find some other means of killing him.

There is no way in hell Arya dies by Meryn Trant.

Arya WILL kill Trant. It won't be a traditional swordfight though where Arya just plain outduels him. I agree with you ithat that wouldn't be realistic at this point. Arya is still too young and not trained enough.

However, she will murder Trant via another means, like an assassin does. She may sneak up on him somehow or catch him unawares and stab him in the heart or find some other means of killing him.

There is no way in hell Arya dies by Meryn Trant.

How does the faceless man say it in the books after arya killed this rich man?

"Since when do faceless man steal?" "I didn't steal from him. I just left him one of our coins".

Ok, i don't think that Arya will kill Meryn Trant this way but a faceless man definitly knows much more ways to kill a person. Not only playing with the sword.

Archived