Arya stays, but goodbye Maisie?

The Emberheart

It isn't just you. As I posted earlier, Maisie/Ayra is destined to bloom into a gorgeous woman a la her aunt.

LOL, no. Maisie is already 18. If she's not a great beauty now--and I think most would acknowledge that she is not--she's not going to turn into one, and she's not even one of the prettier girls on the show, let alone Elizabeth Taylor material. Even Sophie Turner, whose looks I personally think are overrated but who photographs very well, isn't Elizabeth Taylor material, and she's far more beautiful than Maisie.

With all that said, beauty or not, Maisie is very talented, she's perfect for Arya, and I'd be shocked if the actress were dumped. I dunno what kind of career she could have post-GOT, once she ages out of the spunky kid roles, but England seems less strict with respect to demanding physical perfection from its actors and actresses. I think she could have a great career without being a leading lady stunner. The comedian Miranda Hart's being working steadily for years and even headlined her own series for a while.

I think Maisie is a very engaging, naturally talented and watchable actor. It's a pity (and I think pretty sexist, though male actors don't entirely escape) that so much emphasis is placed on stereotypical notions of beauty, at least in Hollywood. She already seems in demand and I can't see that falling off, as she is easily able to stand on her own abilities rather than being 'Arya from Game of Thrones'. I think she is perfect for the more realistic type of film, and certainly expect to see her in lead roles in art-house productions and on TV.

Well, there's a novel way for the writers to get some "Arya" nude scenes in the show.

The prostitute has longer hair than Arya, though, and I thought FM swapped faces, not hair, so maybe not.

The prostitute has longer hair than Arya, though, and I thought FM swapped faces, not hair, so maybe not.

The books have been ambiguous about how the whole face-changing thing works, in terms of affecting your body, but the show appears to have staked out the stance that it affects your whole being, with the "face" being some kind of transformative totem (which is what I always assumed in the books, unless Pate happened to be the exact same height, build, etc. as Jaqen was). Look at the appearance of the Not-Very-Kindly-Man in episode 502: he's clearly bald, and you can see that he has black skin on his hands as well as on his face, but when Jaqen changes his face he has hair and white hands.

I think on the show at least it will be a consciousness into body swap.

That would be the easiest way to show it visually.

I think that it will be more magical in the book, but with the details we get inside Arya's head, it will be easier to understand.

This is bizarre. She's wildly popular. They've never recast anyone who wasn't a minor background character or gone for a long time. At worst, maybe they recast Rickon. Maisie seems like the second most popular actor on the show right now behind Peter Dinklage.

Emilia is far more popular than Maisie or any other actress on the show.Main cast members ain't gonna be recasted at this point of the story.

I wouldn't be mad if they replaced her. I really wish they would replace the sand snakes first, along with Ellaria, but sorry to get off topic.

I don't think they will replace her, I mean, if we really look at it, aren't all the characters older than they should be? I don't really think it's a big deal.

The Black Kindly Man didn't have Jaquen H'gar's hair. I would assume there is magic in the face skin that changes more than the face so that when they change ethnicity hair and hands and feet all match.

The books have been ambiguous about how the whole face-changing thing works, in terms of affecting your body, but the show appears to have staked out the stance that it affects your whole being, with the "face" being some kind of transformative totem (which is what I always assumed in the books, unless Pate happened to be the exact same height, build, etc. as Jaqen was). Look at the appearance of the Not-Very-Kindly-Man in episode 502: he's clearly bald, and you can see that he has black skin on his hands as well as on his face, but when Jaqen changes his face he has hair and white hands.

Hmm, good point. Seems like an awfully racy getup for Maisie, unless we never see Arya as herself dressed up as the prostitute and only assume that it's her.

After the Sansa rape, I'm a little worried about how far Arya is going to go in her seduction, but that's neither here nor there.

Hmm, good point. Seems like an awfully racy getup for Maisie, unless we never see Arya as herself dressed up as the prostitute and only assume that it's her.

After the Sansa rape, I'm a little worried about how far Arya is going to go in her seduction, but that's neither here nor there.

i guess to figure what they are going to do, we have to think like a game of thrones writter, which makes me feel sleazy. Maise or Sophie, if they ever consent to do nudity or sexy stuff on the show, the writters would do it. Although, since they were established cast/characters at such an early age, when the show could not do that to them, they have the negotiating leverage against their dark wishes. Once they consent in a contract with the show, that cat will be out of the bag and can not be put back.

I just want Maisie to grow up and grow her hair out and look like this already..

Raina
http://antm411.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/raina52.jpg?w=480&h=640

Maisie

http://i.imgur.com/aLPf788.jpg

Of course she's not gonna look "model perfect" but still, with the right make-up and styling and proper contouring here and there they can definitely pull it off. I mean if they can put a scar on Tyrion and make it look real then they can put on prosthetics on her if the power of make-up isn't enough.

In the end, it's fine because GoT doesn't really follow 'beauty' that much anyway. I mean Lena as Cersei is pretty but not AS pretty as she should be like in the books.

Except she is no important whatsoever. She's secluded from other plots and the character isn't really doing anything. She doesn't add anything new or interesting to the show.

wtffffff

have you even read the books ?

"secluded from other plots".

Mmmh theon as a prisoner at the dreadfort was secluded from other plots ... look where he is now.

Stannis had only 4 scenes in 10 episodes last season.. look where he is now.

Thats GoT's magic. GrrM will keep characters out of the map, and make them reappear at the one moment you would have never thought they could.

I think you just doesnt get GoT. its now obvious that Arya will become a faceless man and a skilled killer...

but hey, remember what Jaqar said ? you must be no one to pursue this goal. Meaning Arya has to put her feelings towards Westerosi people aside and be NO ONE.

you really think one second that a Splinter Cell mode Arya will never get back to westeros and complete her little list ... ?

btw Arya TV is supposed to be 15 16. D&D said that obv, TV characters were older than books one. How could Joffrey be such a monster at 13yo for a 21th century viewer ?

Same goes for TV Tommen, who's not 9 years old but somehow 17 18

To conclude, Arya is one of the most popular tv character in the show.

And note that all the people who have been recast were not "important" one.

Except she is no important whatsoever. She's secluded from other plots and the character isn't really doing anything. She doesn't add anything new or interesting to the show.

this is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site

stupi thread but here is a jolt of reality for you dude...

Must be a mistake. Sophie is always listed first.

no, in fact, peter dinklage is usually listed first because he is the most popular...

I'm just realistic.

Those characters are more important. The mountain is obviously a big deal to Cersei and Sandor, Daario is a big deal to Dany, and Myrcella is a Lannister.

That is way too tedious and confusing for a plotline that already has people confused. I'm willing to bet my life that they cut Maisie from the payroll and replace her for good.

the first sentence made me think you were perhaps foolish the second proved it beyond a doubt...

Do you work at Naughty Dog? Do you work with David, Dan, and George? My conclusions are just as valid as yours.

Dany is one of the last members of the Targaryen family. She has dragons. She has taken over cities. She has ruled a city.

Also, this series is not the series you are talking about. Saying she has a purpose is a complete conjecture.

not really...most of the opposing conclusions presented here are based in reality and facts...words you are clearly unfamiliar with...

Ha ha - I don't think the Arya actress is going anywhere - too many people seem to like her, with her goofy you tube posts and stuff.

The thread does present a funny possibility though. The character Arya will still be around but if that character is a faceless no-one, they don't need the same actress anymore.

One thing the book didn't explain, that I was hoping the show does - what hapens to the faceless man's (or woman's) real face? Putting skin masks over skin would look kind of dumb and anyone would be able to see the looseness - it would make more sense to remove the faceless person's skin first - make their face a genuinely blank lot of muscles somehow.

Perhaps Arya will just become a special effect voiced by the actress. I can hope, anyways.

it is a glamour...a type of mind control trick...an illusion...not a face that peels off or is painted on, imo...

That passage from The Ugly Little Girl has been sitting on the page for years now.
It's really kind of a weird description , no one seems to quote it much.
It just flat out says that Arya notices that to herself her face is not changed, I can't remember in the books if she notices that her face does look different to others, I guess it's implicit since she goes about her business using her cover.
I think that's what the show will do , show us , in way, her POV so we always see her, but from other's POV they see someone else, it's an old cinematic trick.

Quantum Leap comes to mind...

This is bizarre. She's wildly popular. They've never recast anyone who wasn't a minor background character or gone for a long time. At worst, maybe they recast Rickon. Maisie seems like the second most popular actor on the show right now behind Peter Dinklage.

you are right, she is second according to google and third according to imdb

Archived