[BOOK SPOILERS] will we see A White Walker

Drogonthedread

Ah-ah-ah!

Magnificient episode!

I wonder where all these people claiming that 'white walkers are misunderstood good guys' will go and hide now!

And all these theories that the wall was meant to protect the walkers.. my ass! Did you see that avalanche?

Can you finally accept the truth of GRRM design?

I hope, or you're blind.

/end of rant. These people deserved it, it's two years I promised it again and again. The show proved me - and many others - right.

+1: valyrian steel can kill those white walkers! :-D

Ah-ah-ah!

Magnificient episode!

I wonder where all these people claiming that 'white walkers are misunderstood good guys' will go and hide now!

And all these theories that the wall was meant to protect the walkers.. my ass! Did you see that avalanche?

I hope, or you're blind.

/end of rant. These people deserved it, it's two years I promised it again and again. The show proved me - and many others - right.

You do know how avalanches work, right? Are there mountains in front of the Wall that we've just never seen?

Ah-ah-ah!

Magnificient episode!

I hope, or you're blind.

The Wall has its own magic. Wights are animated by magic. They "avalanched" only over a normal cliff. (That's assuming the Wall was indeed intended to protect the "realm of men".)

What? Did we see the same episode?

The magic of The Others couldn't breach a makeshift wooden gate....that horrid and shoddy wooden fence stopped their magic and they needed zombies to break it manually. The Wall would easily stop that magic. And some people theorize that The Wall contains magic spells and even live dragons frozen into The Wall.

You do know how avalanches work, right? Are there mountains in front of the Wall that we've just never seen?

Did you watch the episode? There was an avalanche of dead bodies. An avalanche of death ready to destroy humanity.

What is an Avalanche of dead bodies? it's a figure of speech for the destruction that is coming for humanity.. ..thus, there is no free room for the 'white walkers are good' fandom.

do I really have to explain this? Trivial stuff.

The WW can travel in a snowstorm during the daytime.

Valyrian Steel kills Walkers and resists their weapon break.

They can be in a room with fire and they aren't bothered.

So much has been learned.

Even more than that, the fire trembled and extinguished around the Walker due to the cold radiating from his body.

Did you watch the episode? There was an avalanche of dead bodies. An avalanche of death ready to destroy humanity.

What is an Avalanche of dead bodies? it's a figure of speech for the destruction that is coming for humanity.. ..thus, there is no free room for the 'white walkers are good' fandom.

do I really have to explain this? Trivial stuff.

Maybe I just didn't understand the context of your post. I'm still not sure what the hell you're talking about with GRRM's "design" though.

I have also never heard of this "white walkers are good guys secretly" theory. I don't want to look into it is though, I would like to keep my respect for this fanbase in tact.

Maybe I just didn't understand the context of your post. I'm still not sure what the hell you're talking about with GRRM's "design" though.

I have also never heard of this "white walkers are good guys secretly" theory. I don't want to look into it is though, I would like to keep my respect for this fanbase in tact.

lol, you had not spent enough time on this board I think, I've been here for over two years. There is a conspicuous number of people for which White walkers are definitely not bad, and perhaps good chances that they are "good".

You can seek those threads by your own, this is not the right place for it. But I had to say what I had to say somewhere, and this was the right place for that. ;)

Book readers?

What happens at hardhome?

Wildlings fight NW? Or both team up to fight WW?

as with many cases, the books implied there was something going down on Hardhome. Something deadly.

The show revealing what the books implied made me like the show once more (this weak season was going to be my last). Heck, it even made me return to the forums after a year or two absent.

Really enjoyed the battle and revelations. Still, I'm sure I'll have to wait 'til next episode 8 so I can see another quality episode :lol:

I still want to know what the White Walkers/Others actually want. They're clearly not a good force, and I don't think it's GRRM's style to have a LoTR Good VS Evil set-up; everything is morally grey for him. Which makes the theory that the Wall was built to keep men out of the north rather than Others out of the south, and that the Others are just cleaning up the north of men, more likely. That said, that doesn't make for a very exciting threat in the form of the Others, and in GRRM's original overview for the series (when it was still going to be a trilogy... gosh!), the Others were planned to invade en masse and pose a significant threat to whoever was on the Iron Throne at the time.

Maybe they're just like human kings and lords conquering lands for personal power and gain? And they just view humans as an inferior species so don't really care to make peace with them or anything?

Archived