[BOOK SPOILERS] will we see A White Walker

Drogonthedread

Those who are paying attention would know what's coming up. It doesn't really require real investigative skill to figure it out. Most viewers would know something bad is going to happen.

It won't be "I can't believe Olly just stabbed Jon". It would be more like "I knew Olly was going to do something like that."

The show really is hilariously unsubtle about it. I wish they would have cast a real actor to bring some nuance to that portrayal.

The show tends to be very blatant with it's hints and subsequent reveals.

Everybody and their dog knows a WW will be seen and interacted with (probably killed) in this episode. Sam giving Jon those obsidian daggers and saying "I hope you dont have to use these" means, he will certainly use those.

Some of these things are just inexplicably obvious sometimes. I mean every time the camera is on Olly, he has the look as if "I'm going to shank you Jon Snow!"

And I agree Sam giving Jon those daggers was pretty much telling us there will be a White Walker coming soon and yes he will have to use them.

The only excitement for some of us viewers is just basically HOW these things will develop and not any matter of IF these things will happen.

When I watched Vikings this year and past years, god damn that was some spectacular setup leading to the season's finale - each season. Great writers on that show!

Some of these things are just inexplicably obvious sometimes. I mean every time the camera is on Olly, he has the look as if "I'm going to shank you Jon Snow!"

And I agree Sam giving Jon those daggers was pretty much telling us there will be a White Walker coming soon and yes he will have to use them.

The only excitement for some of us viewers is just basically HOW these things will develop and not any matter of IF these things will happen.

When I watched Vikings this year and past years, god damn that was some spectacular setup leading to the season's finale - each season. Great writers on that show!

Please tell me u don't think Vikings is a better show overall than GOT?

I think the reason there wont be a 1000th lord commander is without jon how does the nights watch control the wildlings theres thousnds of them. Jon was the only hope the watch had at making it through the long night.

I think the reason there won't be many more Lord Commanders is that the wall is coming down and everything is hitting the fan. There won't be a Night's Watch after what's to come.

And if Jon is resurrected as most of us believe he will be (or survives in any form - warg, whatever), then he will be released from his vows to the Watch already, freeing him for his greater purpose.

Oh come on, only book readers know what is coming. The non book readers have no reason to suspect Olly would stab Jon, there's nothing "obvious" about the stabbing.

Absolutely, book readers forget this all the time, but everyone will be on the same level very soon so we won't see this self assurance anymore

I'm so hoping that they go for horror over action in this episode. Just imagine some heated negotiations/arguments going on between the Nights Watch and the wildlings when suddenly the fire dims, the mists descend, and things get awfully cold... "Dead things in the water", just a couple of wights crawling from the sea... A glimpse of the Nights King in the distance...

I just feel that everything to do with Hardhome in the books (Cotter Pyke's letter, the stories of the ghouls that haunted it, etc.) was really f**king chilling, and I feel the show could miss out if it just goes for all out BATTLE, WHITE WALKERS, WILDLINGS, BACKSTABBINGS, CHAOS route instead of white walkers slowly and silently advancing on wildings and nights watchmen alike, with people slowly disappearing and the temperature slowly dropping.

I'm so with you on this one. We need more horror and less action. I was thoroughly disappointed with Season 3 when we didn't get the Walkers in hot pursuit of the Nights Watch. It would have been so spooky to have the Walkers pursuing them in the night through a forest.

Fortunately, I think we'll be in for a treat tonight. The Nights King scene from last season was eerily creepy and Kit Harrington has described this season as a horror show. Can't wait!!!

Please tell me u don't think Vikings is a better show overall than GOT?

The horrible battle scenes in season 1 and 2 made Vikings unwatchable to me. It was just stupid how horribly one sided they were. They made it look like a group of 20 Vikings could conquer all of Britain.

Oh come on, only book readers know what is coming. The non book readers have no reason to suspect Olly would stab Jon, there's nothing "obvious" about the stabbing.

No the stabbing isn't obvious, but the constant shots of Olly make it obvious that he will do something. And you also know that it's probably not something good given the fact that they keep showing him becoming more distant from Jon because of the wildlings.

The horrible battle scenes in season 1 and 2 made Vikings unwatchable to me. It was just stupid how horribly one sided they were. They made it look like a group of 20 Vikings could conquer all of Britain.

I stopped watching it for a while precisely because of that. When they met those knights on the beach and utterly destroyed them with no casualties to their own force it kinda pissed me off and it felt unrealistic. Although, if you've seen some of the newer episodes, the French absolutely dominate Ragnar and his vikings, and before that King Ecbert kicks their ass in Wessex multiple times.

No the stabbing isn't obvious, but the constant shots of Olly make it obvious that he will do something. And you also know that it's probably not something good given the fact that they keep showing him becoming more distant from Jon because of the wildlings.

Yup. It's gotten to the point that unless he's a red herring, I'll be thoroughly unconvinced that these showrunners know how to foreshadow or do any subtle storytelling techniques anymore.

Archived