[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVII - On her own

Mladen

Too bad, they destroyed the necklace......poison is a woman's weapon.

Brienne is going to face a challenge of honour, keep a vow to protect Sansa or keep a vow to herself to kill Stannis, if she chooses the latter the realm looses a very capable leader when it needs him the most.

I think Ramsay will have Myranda kill off Walda and the baby or risk being flayed for failure. Roose will die during the battle with Stannis or Ramsay may kill his own father in the heat of battle. Sansa will cut off his member with the Auger she picked up in episode 7 before making an escape with Theon.

Dorne is the conspicuous failure this year, no arguments there. Lessons must be learned for Tarlyville and Pyke next year.

I would say that it is far too early to pronounce judgement on the Winterfell plot. If and when Sansa next meets Littlefinger on the show, we will be at a stage where we can judge her story in the round.

I liked Theon's story in the books but i never expected that it would be possible to transpose that to screen. Nowhere apart from KL or Winterfell in series 1 has had the depth of characters that would be required for that and that ship had sailed.

Let's just say that the sand snakes make me really worried about their ability to do a decent job with casting a bat shit crazy one eyed pirate.

They could have done a great job w/Theon's story. It would have been different of course, but it could have been about THE NORTH. That place where the Starks came from, where people are still trying to help the Starks, we could have had Manderly and some Freys. Maybe we didn't even need Jeyne Poole.

Eh. I say that Sansa's story cannot be saved. Making her Ramsay's wife is something that the show can't come back from. Whatever they do, it's going to suck. She kills Ramsay...this is not Sansa, she is not Arya, she's not a killer, she supposed to be a manipulator. She jumps like Jeyne did, who cares then. Littlefinger saves her by arriving w/Vale troops...that would be odd, but possible. She lets Stannis into Winterfell and he kills the Boltons...that seems best to me but that is my bias showing also. And as much as I hate Book LF, he has not done anything as close to something this wicked to her as marrying her to a total freak like Ramsay Bolton, so unless she kills LF, how is their partnership moving forward from here? The whole thing is a clusterfuck of stupidity.

Let's just say that the sand snakes make me really worried about their ability to do a decent job with casting a bat shit crazy one eyed pirate.

They could have done a great job w/Theon's story. It would have been different of course, but it could have been about THE NORTH. That place where the Starks came from, where people are still trying to help the Starks, we could have had Manderly and some Freys. Maybe we didn't even need Jeyne Poole.

Eh. I say that Sansa's story cannot be saved. Making her Ramsay's wife is something that the show can't come back from. Whatever they do, it's going to suck. She kills Ramsay...this is not Sansa, she is not Arya, she's not a killer, she supposed to be a manipulator. She jumps like Jeyne did, who cares then. Littlefinger saves her by arriving w/Vale troops...that would be odd, but possible. She lets Stannis into Winterfell and he kills the Boltons...that seems best to me but that is my bias showing also. And as much as I hate Book LF, he has not done anything as close to something this wicked to her as marrying her to a total freak like Ramsay Bolton, so unless she kills LF, how is their partnership moving forward from here? The whole thing is a clusterfuck of stupidity.

It should'nt, unless she is victimized again by Littlefinger capturing her and if Ramsay is dead by then, him forceably marrying her, while Sansa has already sent out Brienne, theon etc to get Rickon and muster Northern forces to save her again. I think she gets away and LF is looking for her and her hope is to get her brother and both of them ellude LF as no doubt he would want that boy dead so Sansa can be possessed, married and gets her claim.

I think Ramsay will have Myranda kill off Walda and the baby or risk being flayed for failure. Roose will die during the battle with Stannis or Ramsay may kill his own father in the heat of battle. Sansa will cut off his member with the Auger she picked up in episode 7 before making an escape with Theon.

can't really cut it off, but a few twist and a great pull, but it probably be more useful to go for the eyes.

quote Tyrion Lannister: Sansa's not a killer, not yet anyways.

It should'nt, unless she is victimized again by Littlefinger capturing her and if Ramsay is dead by then, him forceably marrying her, while Sansa has already sent out Brienne, theon etc to get Rickon and muster Northern forces to save her again. I think she gets away and LF is looking for her and her hope is to get her brother and both of them ellude LF as no doubt he would want that boy dead so Sansa can be possessed, married and gets her claim.

That feels too far from the books to me. I am on board that they moved Sansa to WF because she ends up there in the books, per, the ghost of high heart's dream, even the D's wouldn't do an entire season of filler, so the end result must be related to her true story....

I feel that Brienne will have to die or get back to the riverlands to reunite with Jamie, that is where her story goes.

If they kill Stannis then I have no idea what will go on in the North with the Boltons, since then somebody would still need to take them out later on.

That feels too far from the books to me. I am on board that they moved Sansa to WF because she ends up there in the books, per, the ghost of high heart's dream, even the D's wouldn't do an entire season of filler, so the end result must be related to her true story....

I feel that Brienne will have to die or get back to the riverlands to reunite with Jamie, that is where her story goes.

If they kill Stannis then I have no idea what will go on in the North with the Boltons, since then somebody would still need to take them out later on.

just a hunch. We know the show LF is coming up there, end of this season or in next. There will be some controntation but it is a race like in the books to get Rickon where the north can rally around him and all other forces trying to take Winterfell must be stopped.

The Theon book blot would need at a minimum treble the amount of time we have had so far to do it properly, with introductions etc. Not enough greyworm to cut to make that feasible...

Sansa

well a flippant answer would be the piece in bold where its all headed anyway-pushing Giants and all right ??? She is going to kill Littlefinger, it is known, and she certainly has all the reason in show world. Getting to the same position in book world is going to involve some unpleasantness too, i expect... and fairly lurching ageing and character development there too because frankly she is no manipulator right now in book, and exist in this rather artificial safe zone...

On a wider sense, she can't go back to taking pleasure in lemoncakes, for sure, but there is very lots of dramatic potential for her in seeing how she builds a future out of a damaged past, without becoming a badass or any sure glib tropes-. I saw nothing glib in episode 7, but its still far too early to say. I too neither want to see her either go commando or flee Winterfell...

Lets see where she stands at the end of the season.

Yes, I'm thinking both Sansa and LF will end up in WF per the Ghost of High Heart. If one thing has gotten to seem spoilery to me as far as TWOW goes, it's LF wanting WF and using the knights of the Vale to do it. He wants WF, Warden of the North, and Sansa as one final "F you" to Brandon Stark.

The show seems to be telegraphing Brienne killing Stannis. No idea how that will go. My guess is Stannis kills Roose, Brienne kills Stannis, and then LF comes in to clean up the mess.

And yes: ETA: Sansa will kill LF eventually in Winterfell.

Yes, I'm thinking both Sansa and LF will end up in WF per the Ghost of High Heart. If one thing has gotten to seem spoilery to me as far as TWOW goes, it's LF wanting WF and using the knights of the Vale to do it. He wants WF, Warden of the North, and Sansa as one final "F you" to Brandon Stark.

The show seems to be telegraphing Brienne killing Stannis. No idea how that will go. My guess is Stannis kills Roose, Brienne kills Stannis, and then LF comes in to clean up the mess.

Yeah, the show is generally very direct. We talk about greyscale, somebody getting greyscale. A previously rarely seen character starts getting lots of screen time that makes them likeable, they're a goner. Which looks bad for Stannis. That would be a terrible way for him to go though, however since the showrunners hate him, I wouldn't be surprised. I can't imagine GRRM is taking him out in that way, but who knows.

But, then let's say, Stannis kills Roose, Brienne kills Stannis, somebody kills Ramsay, what happens to Theon and his sister? They wouldn't be at Winterfell...

Worry not. There is not exactly a shortage of 40 something male British or Irish actors who can do justice to any role. As Jonathan Pryce is showing, with eh right actor, all your troubles fall away.

its all going a bit Wuthering Heights,,,

Yeah, the show is generally very direct. We talk about greyscale, somebody getting greyscale. A previously rarely seen character starts getting lots of screen time that makes them likeable, they're a goner. Which looks bad for Stannis. That would be a terrible way for him to go though, however since the showrunners hate him, I wouldn't be surprised. I can't imagine GRRM is taking him out in that way, but who knows.

But, then let's say, Stannis kills Roose, Brienne kills Stannis, somebody kills Ramsay, what happens to Theon and his sister? They wouldn't be at Winterfell...

I don't think that showrunners who hated him would have created that Iron Bank Scene last season, or the various Wall scenes this seasons. That all makes me think that they know they have a strong anti-hero , all the more so in absence of Tywin and the Hound...

But ultimately the decision will strongly rely on who GRRM has planned to bite the dust and they will follow. Only Barristan and Mance have gone out in a way different to the books and they were much more minor characters in show....

Theon and sis to do one to Pyke and meet howlin' mad Euron?

I don't think that showrunners who hated him would have created that Iron Bank Scene last season, or the various Wall scenes this seasons. That all makes me think that they know they have a strong anti-hero , all the more so in absence of Tywin and the Hound...

But ultimately the decision will strongly rely on who GRRM has planned to bite the dust and they will follow. Only Barristan and Mance have gone out in a way different to the books and they were much more minor characters in show....

I think Yara at the Kingsmoot then need to flee Euron, where she eventually finds Theon.

I won't go into a Stannis rant, but he's a shadow of what he could have been w/Dillane playing him.

Theon with no penis or personality going to Pyke? The IB would put him down like a lame horse, I can't see anything but a good death coming for him. I can't imagine him back on Pyke trying to vie for his father's throne.

Worry not. There is not exactly a shortage of 40 something male British or Irish actors who can do justice to any role. As Jonathan Pryce is showing, with eh right actor, all your troubles fall away.

Yes, but for every Jonathan Pryce, there is a Ciaran Hinds. Great actor, poorly casted and not given too much to do. His death was very well done though I'll say, but they really screwed up Mance. Euron's "oberynesque" though so I think they'll nail it with him. No way not to make an insane pirate wizard a whole lot of fun right?

its all going a bit Wuthering Heights,,,

It's always been a bit Wuthering Heights with LF/Cat/Lysa/Sansa lol.

That's a good question. Not sure where and how they fit into this. I've always felt in the books at least that Asha will try to invalidate the Kingsmoot with Theon. Who knows if that's a direction the show is going, but maybe a little more likely now with the recent casting news.

She jumps like Jeyne did (but by orchestrating her own escape somehow), runs into Stannis, Stannis beats Boltons, appoints Sansa as the Wardeness of the north.

I think that would make people in retrospect look at this current storyline more favorably. I'm already seeing more people think better of it this week now that it did not serve as a cataylst for Theon to change as people predicted, it had a major effect on Sansa obviously (unlike Cersei/Jaime), it wasn't something she was prepared to put up with to get revenge (would minimize the damage rape causes), and it did not empower her. In all fairness, I think more people should be coming forward and admitting the aftermath was handled better than they thought. Although it may not be pleasant, D & D seem to at least right now be doing a better job of handling the story than we all thought they would. Most who said all of those things last week are just quiet now

She jumps like Jeyne did (but by orchestrating her own escape somehow), runs into Stannis, Stannis beats Boltons, appoints Sansa as the Wardeness of the north.

I think that would make people in retrospect look at this current storyline more favorably. I'm already seeing more people think better of it this week now that it did not serve as a cataylst for Theon to change as people predicted, it had a major effect on Sansa obviously (unlike Cersei/Jaime), it wasn't something she was prepared to put up with to get revenge (would minimize the damage rape causes), and it did not empower her. In all fairness, I think more people should be coming forward and admitting the aftermath was handled better than they thought. Although it may not be pleasant, D & D seem to at least right now be doing a better job of handling the story than we all thought they would. Most who said all of those things last week are just quiet now

The time ellapsed from wedding to last episode was prob same time inbetwen episodes, a week or so. Yeah, Sansa is a survivor but she is desperate for an escape from her situation. She was misled and duped into this and wants out. Theon would not change overnight, so I agree with a betrayal of Sansa but with 3 episodes to go, she will get through to him. What a hell of life Sansa has lived since leaving Winterfell for King's Landing those few years ago.

Archived