Speculation regarding Stannis (book spoilers)

kat3281

So I am a long time lurker and while reviewing the citadel and dany's prophecies again and in concert with images we have seen coming this season, I have a theory, sorry if someone has already mentioned it. There are book spoilers.

Mel will conjure a shadow dragon (likely made to look stone) and make it seem to come from winterfell, it will set fire to Stannis' camp in an effort to convince Stannis to burn Shireen.

Reasons:

1-Shireen's dreams/fears of being eaten by a stone dragon

2-Dany's prophecy about a stone dragon breathing shadow fire

3-Images of Stannis' camp burning

4-Mel previously manipulating events to make her belief in Stannis as the chosen one come true (such as spelling his sword to glow red)

5- Bran's vision of a dragon flying above Winterfell while in Summer

Any thoughts?

Maybe something crazily mystical and frightening happens when they attempt to burn Shireen, and it catches Mel by surprise (her turning around with a torch from the preview), and maybe the burning gets out of hand and begins to burn the camp (Stannis' camp on fire from the preview).

So yeah, I think you're on to something. mayhaps.

That would be epic on screen.

Who knows, with such an episode 9 title what dragons could appear (litteral or not !)

A shadow dragon over Winterfell or Shireen not burning would be quite a moment.

I think Stannis and Jon Snow are both going to die. Mel is going to burn Shireen to bring back Azor Ahi. Jon Wakes up

this would be interesting...

but i would most like to see this...

I just posted this on another thread. Maybe Shireen IS the stone dragon? Maybe she won't burn! (Shocker). She will be reborn in smoke, salt & blood....

just for shits and giggles cause i think it would be a shocker...

I feel like I'm in the minority of Stannis fans in that I don't think he'll die this season.

At least he's not dying in ep 9 as he "marches" in episode 10. Maybe it will be a cliffhanger as to his fate..we still have to see him in scene(s) where he'll be blood splattered as per that "show your allegiance" video.

However, not sure how well cliffhangers on character's fates work on this show when the filming starts up again so soon and the production is followed in excruciating detail. Even hermit crab Dillane was spotted in Belfast last year during filming ;)

The only thing is we might have to wait a few months to get our first glimpse of Dragonstone people as they usually start filming later than the other characters.

I feel like I'm in the minority of Stannis fans in that I don't think he'll die this season.

At least he's not dying in ep 9 as he "marches" in episode 10.

It is very likely that the "synopsis" for episode 10 is an internet hoax.

Two reasons for that:

1. The synopsis for E9 was released several days after the title, yet in the case of E10, we have seen the title and the "synopsis" released at the very same day.

2. As of now Game of Thrones wiki does not have an entry for the synopsis of E10 http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dance_of_Dragons

It is very likely that the "synopsis" for episode 10 is an internet hoax.

Two reasons for that:

1. The synopsis for E9 was released several days after the title, yet in the case of E10, we have seen the title and the "synopsis" released at the very same day.

2. As of now Game of Thrones wiki does not have an entry for the synopsis of E10 http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dance_of_Dragons

I noticed the ep 10 title wasn't on here either, but at the same time this was the place where I read the news for ep 10's synopsis/title in the first place.

Confused dot com.

I noticed the ep 10 title wasn't on here either, but at the same time this was the place where I read the news for ep 10's synopsis/title in the first place.

Confused dot com.

They probably realized it is a hoax, and then removed it.

Archived