Turn S2

Alia of the knife

Cannot believe Simcoe confessed to all his machinations (tying up some loose ends, there) in his parley with Hewlette. Positively Littlefingeresque! :lol:

Well he already openly tried to kill Hewlett, so he really has nothing to lose by putting it all out there. Maybe he's hoping to push Hewlett into making some absurd sounding accusations to their higher-ups? After his extended prison/escape ordeal I can see him coming off as sympathetically unhinged and maybe not fit for command, or at the very least alienated from whatever support he might look for.

Well he already openly tried to kill Hewlett, so he really has nothing to lose by putting it all out there. Maybe he's hoping to push Hewlett into making some absurd sounding accusations to their higher-ups? After his extended prison/escape ordeal I can see him coming off as sympathetically unhinged and maybe not fit for command, or at the very least alienated from whatever support he might look for.

That is what I kind of think he is doing. He is trying goad Hewlett into doing something stupid. But, with Abraham and Anna, (please don't let them stay together), Simcoe is less two men now.

Oooh! That's good.

But, with Abraham and Anna, (please don't let them stay together), Simcoe is less two men now.

Agree. There's really zero chemistry between them. Plus, what else has poor Mary gotta do to to keep her husband?! Stand on her head? C'mon, Abe, wake up already!

Well, Anna sure is on Team Hewlett now. :lol:

The ep was good. Not the "OMG, Wow!" sort of season finale I'd hoped for. But, good nonetheless.

The battle scene seemed a bit weird. Looked like Ben and his troops were bracketed on three sides, a hopeless situation, I thought. Despite "Washington expecting them to hold", I agreed with at least falling back to the treeline.

Hell of a pistol shot by Abe! No way he makes that shot with that vintage pistol at that range. It's just not that accurate of a weapon. Add in his marksmanship (remember the duel with Simcoe?). I figured out that it was Rodgers viewing our heros in the long range viewing shots and was not surprised to see him intervene. Not sure which side he's on now, despite his stated desire for vengance against Andre.

Peggy's storyline was surprising. Historically, she does marry Arnold but is presumed to have greatly have aided Andre in turning him. So seeing her trying everything in her power to forestall things just was surprising.

Really enjoyed the episode and it does look like Anna is on Team H. :love:

The relationship between Anna and Abe is actually a distraction now to Abe. He is in dangerous territory and needs to focus on his child and Mary, not on two women, especially as the latter seems to be better suited to turning Hewlette. B)

A lot of those guys did stay in America, still seeing more opportunity than what they had back home, so they went on with their lives.

Still loving the Washingtons tortured portrayal, maybe even a bit mad. Its more realiistic. :thumbsup:

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see a showdown between Simcoe and Hewlett, but I guess that was just wishful thinking since we know from history that

Simcoe goes on to become Governor Of Ontario, so he has to survive the Revolutionary War.

But still! :D

This was such a great season. I really enjoy this show and I hope there are enough ratings to keep it around.

+1 for the Burn love - he's an incredible actor.

The spying "shots" or glimpses were kind of a giveaway to the cliffhanger. Even though Roberts wants his revenge I don't know that he's good news for Abe.

I hope next season brings more of Caleb and Townsend.

Although I don't know much of the history of Arnold and Peggy it sounds like they may having actually been meant for each other.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see a showdown between Simcoe and Hewlett, but I guess that was just wishful thinking since we know from history that

Simcoe goes on to become Governor Of Ontario, so he has to survive the Revolutionary War.

But still! :D

Yes he does, and he was quite the hero, lol.

I live in Monmouth county NJ.... so this was a really fun watch for me.

Annapolis MD, so lots of Revolutionary history here too.

And I ALWAYS love your avatar. :D

This was such a great season. I really enjoy this show and I hope there are enough ratings to keep it around.

+1 for the Burn love - he's an incredible actor.

The spying "shots" or glimpses were kind of a giveaway to the cliffhanger. Even though Roberts wants his revenge I don't know that he's good news for Abe.

I hope next season brings more of Caleb and Townsend.

Although I don't know much of the history of Arnold and Peggy it sounds like they may having actually been meant for each other.

Love, LOVE Burn.

I think Roberts character is great too in terms of understated "crazy." His relationship with Abe almost seems like like it could be Hannibal and Starling.

He is going to show Abe how to get revenge- in a VERY bad sort of way.

Maybe they will turn it over to the History Channel as it may be a better place for the genre.

After all, Vikings may know not have survived on AMC.

yea i could see that happening although AMC probably owns the rights to the show. But the history channel is putting money towards miniseries like sons of liberty and texas rising so that would be cool if they somehow aired turn if it did get cancelled.

• 1 month later...

Ok, everyone on this site who cares has probably already found out. But since I just learned this let me announce:

AMC RENEWS TURN FOR 2016!!!!  :cheers:

And while this pleases me, I will not rest easy until someone, ANYONE, picks up Hannibal for a 4th season. :bang:

Archived